What are you playing?

I just finished Sharin no Kuni last night before falling asleep, and I have to say that it is absolutely excellent, just like everyone says.

I had one issue with the ending and that was

how quickly Houzuki changed his ways. Like, it only took him getting beaten once for him to break. He seemed

way more intense than that, in my opinion. It was just a little... no, it was a lot hard to believe that he'd not only give up, but also help Ken and Ririko out like that. (I wound up doing Ririko's epilogue before any of the others.)

Also, I totally knew he was faking his leg injury. And once I figured out that he was faking his leg injury (which I suppose was pretty obvious, I don't mean to sound like I think I'm a genius or anything for figuring it out), it didn't take much more thought to realize that Ken was faking his drug addiction, because obviously the MC had something up his sleeve that he could beat Houzuki with, too.

But still, that game is fantastic. I do still have to run through and get the other epilogues.

Same here. I don't claim to be a genius either, but as soon as Houzuki showed that he was faking his leg injury, I knew Ken had to be faking his drug addiction. That, and I couldn't think of another way Ken and the girls could get out of Houzuki's dungeon, aside from

deus ex machinas, and those are kind of annoying, at least for me, anyway.

The thing is, Houzuki's job is to train a special High Class Individual, and better than him. From the moment where Ken beat him, he'd already lost. It'd be counterproductive to get rid of or punish such a Special High Class Individual.

Couldn't have explained it better myself.

EDIT: G-senjou spoilers...

Wow, Haru's dad sure was a son of a bitch. I don't think I can really blame Kyousuke's dad for snapping and killing him. What a despicable human being.

I love how your opinion changed from "disappointment" to "beautiful" in 2 chapters.

I really need that game (though I have many spoilers...)

Once you play you'll understand.   It wasn't as much of disappointment as slow and predictable for me in the middle, but a lot of people I've talked to struggled with the 3rd trial a lot more than me so that may be it.  

Play it as soon as you can, it's amazing.  I was really careful to avoid spoilers, I didn't even Google search anything pertaining to it. 

Resumed playing...and five minutes of reading later they finally killed the guy. Won't be dropping Draculius after all but now I'm worried, if this is how long it takes for them to fight and kill the intro bad guy how long are they going to take with whoever the game's main villain is going to be? It's already approaching DBZ standards with stretching out a few minutes length within the story.

-yawns - ... i think i'm almost at the end of asuho's route ...

well the sex scenes were great, that missionary is 1000% awesome.

I want to start on Komomo's route now ..

The -better than most others imo- parts are coming. I'd advise doing Komomo and Kosame's routes back to back

Thought I would finish DanganRonpa 2 before sleep - and it's already past 9 in the morning! :D The whole VN (game?) is a huge improvement over the first for sure, maybe with the exception of the annoying minigames. The mysteries were more complicated and entertaining, and the plot as a whole - especially in the last two chapters - was much better than the predecessor.  Not sure how to feel about being able to guess the entire twist right from the first scene, but it definitely got me stumped in some different places. Especially that minigame in chapter 4 made me feel like a complete idiot.

9/10 from me :)

I finished up Sharin no Kuni, aside from one of the epilogues, which I'm running the game in the background occasionally checking back to click choices in order to see. After this one, I'm not sure what's next. Maybe I'll hold off on VNs for a minute and finally get around to finishing my copy of Persona 3 FES. Not sure yet.

Thought I would finish DanganRonpa 2 before sleep - and it's already past 9 in the morning! :D The whole VN (game?) is a huge improvement over the first for sure, maybe with the exception of the annoying minigames. The mysteries were more complicated and entertaining, and the plot as a whole - especially in the last two chapters - was much better than the predecessor.  Not sure how to feel about being able to guess the entire twist right from the first scene, but it definitely got me stumped in some different places. Especially that minigame in chapter 4 made me feel like a complete idiot.

9/10 from me :)

Agreed.  I didn't dis-like the first one as much as other people but this was definitely a nice leap forward in many areas.

I honestly think the first twist was just done so you would feel confident and not pay attention to all the other twists they through at you at the end.

I'd probably give it an 11/10 but that's because this is exactly the kind of thing I love.  ^_^

Agreed.  I didn't dis-like the first one as much as other people but this was definitely a nice leap forward in many areas.

I honestly think the first twist was just done so you would feel confident and not pay attention to all the other twists they through at you at the end.

I'd probably give it an 11/10 but that's because this is exactly the kind of thing I love.  ^_^

Yeah, you probably couldn't even call that foreshadowing, it was so blatant it had to be intentional. I suppose they might've also used it to grab the reader's interest, which it definitely succeeded at.

I love VNs that do more than just tell a story - be it de-constructing their own genre, shifting it, or breaking the fourth wall in any other way - sometimes it only takes a very good concept like that to win me over completely. Too bad stuff like that is pretty hard to come by, as knowing it's uniqueness alone might end up being a huge spoiler.