What are you playing?

I'm gonna download MajiKoi once everyone who uses the internet at my house is either gone or asleep.  They complain whenever I torrent stuff and they're there  :/

How are the other Fates?  I've only ever checked out F/sn.

VN wise there is only F/SN and F/HA which is F/SN's sequel.

I completed now A Profile and I liked it. It isn't the best VN ever but it was entertaining for me, so I've wasted no time ;). I liked the endings and especially the Protagonist. At first I thought what a stereotypical boring one. But the more i learned about him, the more I liked him. I really like that kind of protagonist. He does what he have and wanna do and it doesn't matter that the decision he makes aren't popular or what other people think about that. Thats is really strong, in my opinion. So I hope i will find more of that.

So now I moved on to Canvas 2. I just started it and it seems to be the easygoing one. I think I will enjoy it therefore. And also there seems to be a loooot of choices, thats also not so bad. It makes me feel I really have a chouice ;) ...

So thats all for now.

Greetz

I'm about to start on episode 3 of Umineko. You know, this VN is fucked up. Really fucked up. I kinda forgot how dark Higurashi was. I only played the first chapter of that but I still should have known. Umineko is a different kind of dark, though, because the atmosphere is one where everything is kind of ridiculously over the top, with literal cackling evil villains and fourth wall breaking debate scenes. But even still, the depth of the brutality and violence can be pretty shocking. If they actually had event CGs for the violent images being described, Kara no Shoujo would look like a fluffy moege by comparison. 

None of this is a bad thing. I'm glad there are no event CGs for those scenes. Either they would dampen the effect of your imagination constructing the scenes from the narrative, or they would just be way too much. As it is, the written text perfectly provides the desired impact while letting your imagination go wild. You know, like books. 07th's games are written much more like novels than most VNs because they can't fall back on the art, and I can appreciate that. That the PS3 version added actual good art almost seems unnecessary, and I now understand how someone could enjoy this without it, but even still I appreciate the updated visuals as a good compliment to the experience.

Overall, I'm still really excited to continue reading. The VN goes deeper into the witch stuff than I expected at first and I thought that would turn me off but now that more characters are being introduced, I'm interested to see where they go from here. I feel like I've been marathoning this for days and have barely made any progress. That's both a good feeling and a little intimidating, but I'm not going to back down now.

The PS3 Version didn't add CGs?

Well I just started playing Cross Channel, I'm not expecting anything from this so let's see how it goes.

Cross Channel is pretty good, one of my favourites along with G-senjou. And avoid its summary if you can as it has a major spoiler for the prologue's ending. Some people have a problem with the protag as he is perverted, but beleive me at the end you will definitely love the protag.

I'm about to start on episode 3 of Umineko. You know, this VN is fucked up. Really fucked up. I kinda forgot how dark Higurashi was. I only played the first chapter of that but I still should have known. Umineko is a different kind of dark, though, because the atmosphere is one where everything is kind of ridiculously over the top, with literal cackling evil villains and fourth wall breaking debate scenes. But even still, the depth of the brutality and violence can be pretty shocking. If they actually had event CGs for the violent images being described, Kara no Shoujo would look like a fluffy moege by comparison. 

None of this is a bad thing. I'm glad there are no event CGs for those scenes. Either they would dampen the effect of your imagination constructing the scenes from the narrative, or they would just be way too much. As it is, the written text perfectly provides the desired impact while letting your imagination go wild. You know, like books. 07th's games are written much more like novels than most VNs because they can't fall back on the art, and I can appreciate that. That the PS3 version added actual good art almost seems unnecessary, and I now understand how someone could enjoy this without it, but even still I appreciate the updated visuals as a good compliment to the experience.

Overall, I'm still really excited to continue reading. The VN goes deeper into the witch stuff than I expected at first and I thought that would turn me off but now that more characters are being introduced, I'm interested to see where they go from here. I feel like I've been marathoning this for days and have barely made any progress. That's both a good feeling and a little intimidating, but I'm not going to back down now.

It seems that you quite liked the second episode, which is surprising because it disappointed a lot of people. But it's a good thing because your mind will totally blow up with this episode 3 and you can say that Umineko really begins here, the first two episodes were more a sort of introduction to the real world and the meta world.

Cross Channel is pretty good, one of my favourites along with G-senjou. And avoid its summary if you can as it has a major spoiler for the prologue's ending. Some people have a problem with the protag as he is perverted, but beleive me at the end you will definitely love the protag.

Well I am giving the game a chance :D.

Finally got to my first bad end in School Days in my third playthrough. It seems like the extreme yandere tendencies of the girls were laid out bare. But I gotta say it I liked the bad end much more than the good ends. 

First bad end I got was

Sekai stabbing Makoto after getting her pregnant. This was after the events in which Makoto continually had sex with Kotonoha and Sekai. But after Kotonoha seduced Makoto and got him to say bad things about Sekai, which Sekai heard, Sekai left. And after a few months, Sekai went back to stab Makoto while Kotonoha wasn't around. Makoto was actually happy though, since he got to see Sekai again.

Wtf Makoto.

I see. Thanks!

Would've been nice to see all the CGs though. I think, for me, they play a vital role in a visual novel. But given that Umineko's a sound novel (amirite?), the CGs are just bonus. Just like Higurashi. You could actually feel everything that's happening. My god.

Well, the originals were called a sound novel, either way. It's a rather artificial distinction in my opinion, but hey, if people want to call it that. The remakes are very much up to the standards - nice art, CGs, lip-sync, voice acting, loads of various effects...

Well, if you are patient, you might just as well end up with the 1:1 patch in your hands. There's a complete port - and a re-translation - in the works.