What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Just started watching Clannad Afterstory. I've got to admit that even though I liked the LB! vn more than clannad, the anime of clannad is just far better than the animation of LB (alone that Kotomi has screentime beside her own route is reason enough).

That was indeed a glorious moment. if glorious is the correct way to describe it <.<"
anyway, it certainly is a great anime.

as for me, i recently started watching Hunter x Hunter on recommendation of a friend of mine. I was not dissapointed
From time to time, i'm looking at an episode of Nichijou there is some good humor in that one.
Just finished watching Mondaiji-tachi Ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu Yo? (i had to copy paste this)  very amusing

I'm watching Evangelion again. Because I can.

Reached episode 16. That one where shit gets real like few anime ever did.

Now I'll cool down with some mahou shoujo.

I watch the epic scene in that episode all the time, I could rewatch it over and over again.

So I decided to sleep on the couch in front of the big screen with Kanon playing yesterday. I woke up twice in the middle of the night, during the most important moments:

First I woke up as Makoto was dying and then I woke up during the most important part of Mai's route - when Sayuri is talking to Yuiichi about Kanon playing in the cafe

:P

Started To Aru Majutsu no Index, and my god is it painful to watch.

The protagonist is shallow and his tsun is getting annoying, everyone is naive, the dialogues are cheesy. There's no subtlety in this anime and everything's pointed out as if the audience is retarded. It's trying too hard to be mature. If the quality of the first 5 episodes keeps on, I'm not sure if even the plot can save it.

I don't think you're quite right. The biggest issue wasn't the fact that it was full of Slice of Life, SoL is good if done properly and I liked that part too, in fact that was the only redeeming quality of it, the problem was the fact that the main couple and the primary relationship that we saw so beautifully developed in the first season was completely thrown out the window in season 2 where their relationship pretty much stayed the same in the course of an entire year, nothing between Yuuta and Rikka actually changed in a whole year and the whole Satone thing which was building up decently (though it only started 6 episodes in for some unknown reason) then fell flat at the end since they just rushed her out of the way for Yuuta and Rikka and they pretty much pretended it never happened and all was fine. I think that's the biggest issue in Chuu2koi Ren, not the slice of life elements, the lack of development in everything else. It didn't NEED to be dramatic and heavy, it just needed to have some development, but it didn't, it was just the character fooling around with 0 plot progression, aside from Satone's character which was developing decently and then failed at the end and went back to being semi-autistic.

You can't turn a slice of life into a good romance only to go back to slice of life only in season 2 and give us nothing of what we were supposed to have which is seeing Rikka and Yuuta's relationship developing, all that happened however was Yuuta's brain started turning into a potato to accompany Rikka's silly antics that by now are just simply not entertaining, and they never do anything couple like, ever. And don't give me excuses like the kiss on the cheek and hugging, that was just pathetic considering they were together for  6 months by then.

So yeah I think that's the major flaw with Chuunibyou Ren, It tried to be  just like Chuunibyou, the problem is it's not, if Ren was its own season it'd be decent, but it wasn't  it was the sequel to a great romantic development and it didn't give a good follow up to it.

Gah, I almost didn't recognize you without your Shinobu avatar.

I don't know, I tolerated the lack of romantic development by remembering that neither of them really understands what being in a relationship really means. Yes, its hilariously pathetic that the only thing they've done in six months is a kiss on the cheek and some hand holding, but that was the kind of couple I made them out to be, which is ridiculously awkward but somehow endearing.

I don't remember what my last post said I finished watching but I recently finished the 3rd Madoka movie and D-Frag.

D-Frag was hilarious and I always appreciate another dose of Hanazawa Kana's voice. The Madoka movie made rage but in a good way.

Spoilers for Madoka

When Homura lost her shit and stole Madoka's powers, I can't tell you how much the audience raged (which consisted of me and some friends in the anime club). It's such a twist of an ending that I find it hard to accept it as the end of Madoka

D-Frag was hilarious and I always appreciate another dose of Hanazawa Kana's voice. The Madoka movie made rage but in a good way.

D-Frag! <3

I finished it just the other day, I felt so empty when it ended just like another regular episode, I'll read the manga soon.

Started Suki-tte Ii na yo yesterday, how come it's not popular!? Ur all dumb!

Ok, let me rephrase that: HOW COME SUKITTE II NA YO ISN'T POPULAR? UR ALL DUMB ;-------;

TBH, when it aired it did along 2 other shoujo adaptation, and it looked the more cliche and least interesting to me.

Maybe if I gave it a chance (dropped it after 2 episodes) I would like it but I loved Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun among those three adaptations and I doubt I would like this one more.