What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I picked up The Rolling Girls yesterday, since I happened to pop into Funimation's panel about it at Sakura-Con. It is very weird, but very enjoyable. I've only watched the first two episodes, which turn out to just be the introduction of the "real" show. Both the sub and the broadcast dub seem good, though the dub is noticeably less overacted than the sub, which actually seems wrong - judging by the first two episodes, this show is supposed to be at 11, and it feels like the dub only goes to 10. It needs to be one louder.

Also still watching Big Windup (currently something like 11 episodes in). It is still good, but only if you are a baseball fan. I fall a bit harder for Coach Momoe with every episode :wub:

Currently watching Kiseijuu, I'm so hooked, haven't seen anything that has me this interested in a while...only a couple of eposides into it so far, but it keeps me going nonstop , I could probably marathon this in one day if given enough time, the music from this is automatically 10/10...op, ed, even the fight music, it is all amazing , story so far has got me hooked and interested, characters are also good, you can relate to them and the way they act,looking forward to what is going to happen next. 

Anyone watching Comical Phycomatic Medicine

or seen Muv Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

Thats what I'm watching right now.

Next up on my watch list is Ghost in the Shell Alternative Architecture. I'm waiting for it to be out a while

so I can binge watch, I'm doing the same for MLP:FIM.

:^)

Rewatched Grisaia no Kajitsu with the brotherarrow-10x10.png last night to prepare for the OVA and the new season. Currently plowing through the first VN too. The text are so long I fall asleep through it sometimes, but I still want to make the effort to read all of it. No matter how long it takes. Waiting on Sekai Project to finish their translations on Meikyuu and Rakuen. Then I can die happy.

Shakugan no Shana reminds me of Mass Effect

The first one introduces the world, characters and lore >> promising

The second one has a particular focus on the characters but story wise kind of meanders >> enjoyable

Then the third one throws in this epic global-scale conflict, has little regard for what happened in #1 and #2 instead focusing on this one conflict with everybody temper tantrum doing whatever the hell they want my-way-or-the-highway style with no consulting others whatsoever and it's a long ass marathon of back and forth jumping around humpty-dumpty war explosion shenanigans until the very end in which you're just left with a 'k' expression once everything's all fine and dandy finally resolved thank the lords. >> ???

Shana can sum up S3 easily:

4FDwXKy.jpg

Amen.

But hey, they finally kissed so 10/10 best animu

rVOYKzz.jpg

Oh and all things aside it was still a decent watch. Not as enjoyable as I'd hoped, but not disasterous either.

Marathoned about 10 episodes of Big Windup, and still have one completely-unrelated-to-the-previous-plot episode left (I keep thinking the show is over, since the last big arc ended, and then another teaser for the next episode keeps appearing...). I will reiterate my previous statements that if you enjoy baseball, this is a really great show. If you don't like baseball, you will probably loathe it, though, because they spend ridiculous amounts of time on single games. Still, although I enjoyed it, I'm looking forward to a change of pace after so much baseball... perhaps Accel World season 1 session 2.

I just finished Eureka Seven and just woah... The last 10 episodes captivated me completely. I was constantly either grinning, shedding manly tears or going awww, sometimes all at the same time.

It still bugs me that they don't explain some of the terminology they use. 

Now the problem is, that after such experience it's hard to start watching something else. 

Shakugan no Shana reminds me of Mass Effect

The first one introduces the world, characters and lore >> promising

The second one has a particular focus on the characters but story wise kind of meanders >> enjoyable

Then the third one throws in this epic global-scale conflict, has little regard for what happened in #1 and #2 instead focusing on this one conflict with everybody temper tantrum doing whatever the hell they want my-way-or-the-highway style with no consulting others whatsoever and it's a long ass marathon of back and forth jumping around humpty-dumpty war explosion shenanigans until the very end in which you're just left with a 'k' expression once everything's all fine and dandy finally resolved thank the lords. >> ???

Shana can sum up S3 easily:

4FDwXKy.jpg

Amen.

But hey, they finally kissed so 10/10 best animu

rVOYKzz.jpg

Oh and all things aside it was still a decent watch. Not as enjoyable as I'd hoped, but not disasterous either.

Well, the ending itself is satisfactory since it's what you've wanted all along.

But the ride until then was very convoluted, it's harder to enjoy, though in the end you still have to watch it if you want a conclusion to the story so I guess you could say it's one of those things you watch and then forget everything about it except the ending.

I just finished Eureka Seven and just woah... The last 10 episodes captivated me completely. I was constantly either grinning, shedding manly tears or going awww, sometimes all at the same time.

It still bugs me that they don't explain some of the terminology they use. 

Now the problem is, that after such experience it's hard to start watching something else. 

I know the feeling. Eureka Seven is one of those spectacular shows that really bogs down just about anything you watch shortly afterwards. It was a very interesting series to follow, and I'd consider it a gem amongst others in the romance genre. So refreshing. Try to avoid the sequel if you can help it though, it wasn't nearly as good. I felt the first series shines for its characters and romance; the sequel had no romance and I had no attachment to the characters. It didn't do anything to fill in the storyline gaps from the original either and is even more convoluted with its own.

You sound like me some years ago, the tsundere trilogy were some of my first anime (Zero no Tsukaima being the first and the best) and I was obsessed with anime after that, it's always a good place to start when you're a newbie.

I have no doubts if I had watched any of these anime now I'd probably dislike most of them.

The more anime you watch, the more you realize how recycled everything in the anime industry is and the more likely you are to start disliking popular (and overused) tropes. Things start reeking of genericness and they don't faze you anymore since you've already been exposed to it so many times.

It's a natural process to refine your tastes :P

But it's not to say you still can't enjoy stuff, I still enjoy lots of SoL which is considered meh/bad by many.

So really, it all comes down to how  your tastes develop, you may still like stuff like Zero no Tsukaima many years in the future. Nothing wrong with it.