What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I got around to watching the Idolmaster movie.

It was "good".  The K-On movie was great.  This movie was just "good".

It was 2 full hours.

I started to yawn some during the 2nd half of the movie.

I started to get restless.

I felt like the big concert at the end came just in time.

There is something a little off about the pacing of this movie.

If you've seen it, do you agree?

I have to agree, most of the time i was yawning.

In fact most of im@s has a lot of pacing issues, it just feels like it's lacking a core to make you emphasize with the characters and really pull you in. I don't feel a friendship vibe or a "cute girls doing cute things" vite. It feels.. synthetic.

I couldn't care for the side characters all that much and the whole movie was more about how Haruka is awesome (which, to be fair, she is) and everyone else is just sitting there.

And 2 hours of it were pretty unbearable, i had to pause every 45 mins.

This whole franchise has consistently failed to make me feel some form of deeper empathy for its characters. And while I do legitimately like some characters, both the series and the movie are just lacking that something you can't exactly put your finger on.

All i could think when i finished both the movie and the series was "it was alright".

Oh, I see.

Well I don't have any problem with Idolmaster as a whole (<--gross understatement)

Really I just feel that the movie was too long.

Whereas in your case it sounds like you can't connect with the characters ('lacking a core to make you emphasize with the characters' is not really a pacing issue but something else)

P.S.  If I were to pick out something about Idolmaster I really didn't like, it would definitely be Xenoglossia.

As a whole i enjoyed the series more, just because it had more stuff going on. The movie was indeed too dragged out.

But my core problems with im@s still prevail in both.

I still don't hate the series, but it'll never be high on my idol anime preferences.

At the very least it's above WUG.

I mentioned the whole not being able to empathize with the characters thing because that's what contributes to me feeling like it's a drag to watch the show. I want to care for what happens but it's hard and so things feel nedlessly long.

I watched 3 episodes of Spice and Wolf and i have to say Holo really reminds me of Shinobu from Bakemonogatari which is great since she's one of my favorite characters of all time ever.

And the relationship she has with Lawrence is also the type i usually enjoy. I look forward to see where this leads.

Ep 20 Shana

Shana pls you're awesome but you've been moping around for the past few episodes and making Yuuji misunderstand + get pissed (worst type of drama) pls just confess already and happy ending

You're in for a ride if you're already complaining about this so early on :makina:

Shana too tsun.

If she's just stubborn / unreasonable later on I can stomach that np

But BSODing for (several episodes, might I add) cuz you're not able to understand your feelings and just say them (and causing even more BSOD & drama because of it) is like pls 

It's vital for her character development as the emotionless Flame Haze learning how2feel, sure, but pls hurry up >.> though I get the feeling she'll only get the chance once the season's over (unless it carries over onto S2 oh gawd pls no)

Louise x Saito: 1

Shana x Yuuji: 0

Yes I'm gonna do this :D

It's obvious Louise x Saito is the superior OTP even after season 3 of Shakugan no Shana.

Well Shana does realise her feelings later on, and you kind of understand why she didn't at first during season 2 when you hear about her past and stuff.

But it does come off as annoying most of the time since it just feels like she's being dense and pushing Yuuji away. Even for someone as ripe as me back then, I found her level of tsun a bit annoying.

Season 2 really fixes this issue though so you won't suffer too much at least.

And then season 3 comes to kick you in the testicles  :makina:

My friend wants to find an anime to watch. He is a quarter weeb who only likes action, horror, mecha and Sci-fi Anime. He doesn't want anything with romance or ecchi or fanservice of any kind. He is an ultra douchebag. Can you give some recommendations Plz?

My friend wants to find an anime to watch. He is a quarter weeb who only likes action, horror, mecha and Sci-fi Anime. He doesn't want anything with romance or ecchi or fanservice of any kind. He is an ultra douchebag. Can you give some recommendations Plz?

Honestly.  Honestly. Good luck.  All anime nowadays use these as a subplot. ALL OF THEM.  There is not a single one which doesn't.  Tell you're douchebag friend that it doesn't exist unless it's actual shit.

Sounds like a perfectly good and tasteful person.

I'd say Legend of the Galactic Heroes, VOTOMS, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black and Black Lagoon, to give some good or very good ones.

edit: oh also, if he wants them to be """""recent""""", tell him to find another, more suited hobby, like golf.

Getter Robo, Tetsujin 28(2004), VOTOMS, and MD Geist.

Code Geass and FMA: Brotherhood. Well they aren't horror and Code Geass is the only mecha here. But they are great. Perhaps Fate/Zero or UBW?

Why are you even helping him if he is an ultra douchebag?

I finished watching Kure-nai today, such a good show.

Code Geass (mecha), Fate/Zero (action), Steins;gate (sci-fi), Gyo (sci-fi, "horror"), and I was just about to say Cross Ange which is in my opinion really great mecha/action anime (even though most of people claim it's a bad show huh) but then I realized it has shitloads of fanservice but I still think it's worth watching. Kurenai is also a good show without any fanservice, it has some action in it too especially in the second half. And Kara no kyoukai maybe?

If you love romance genre, I think you would really love Spice and Wolf. It's so cute, and with an interesting story. 

I want to end this page even one post quicker because every time I see this post, I cry inside at how bad they butchered the second season of Spice and Wolf.

Sounds like a perfectly good and tasteful person.

I'd say Legend of the Galactic Heroes, VOTOMS, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex, Cowboy Bebop, Darker than Black and Black Lagoon, to give some good or very good ones.

edit: oh also, if he wants them to be """""recent""""", tell him to find another, more suited hobby, like golf.

But still, all of those have a hint of a romantic subplot sans VOTOMS which I can't attest to having seen.  You just can't find a story without romance anymore, even if it's a hint of it.  If someone can find me a show that fits his description, I will give massive props.  The only one that I can think of off the top of my head is Fate/Zero if you don't include the GAR(ider).  Actually, I can't be sure it didn't have fanservice somewhere in it, because the entire thing was fanservice for me, so I might have overlooked something.

If you really want to be anal about having no romance whatsoever, than I guess only GitS qualifies (VOTOMS actually has a romance sub-plot, I just remembered that it's fairly important in the latter half of the series).

But tbh considering we're talking about TV series, which for good reasons often have an emphasis on their characters (more so than say, a movie), it is only natural to expect some kind of romance to happen at some point or another. If that dude is for some reason repulsed at the idea of romance, than I can only reiterate my advice to look for another hobby.

Someone killed our internet for a day so I had plenty of time to watch anime. I watched the entirety of Monogatari series second season + Hanamonogatari.

While I really like the series, it's sometimes pretty taxing to watch. The eccentric and philosophical conversations are something I enjoy, but it gets tiring in long sessions. Hanamonogatari was the worst offender, it had too much of serious talking and not enough silliness to balance it out. Long haired Araragi was pretty cool though.

Best ark was definitely Koimonogatari. I didn't like Kaiki in Nisemonogatari but this time he was much more interesting.  The banter between Kaiki and Senjougahara is absolutely delicious.

Finished up S1 Shagukan no Shana

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings

Feelings Revelation

Finally these two quacks were able to identify wtf was wrong with themselves

fwvli3V.jpg

ksJyQyC.jpg

#23 Episodes ftw

#GG Easy

#Get on their level of relationship problem solving folks

Couple Suicide

*Sniff* Idk there was just something about Shana accepting her duty as Flame Haze to die for the sake of the world and Yuuji deciding to die with her like the loyal dumbass that he is that was just so touching for me;

Normally you'd expect the typical wishy washy 'I won't let you die; there has to be another way!!!" or the dreaded 'Fk you, I'm dying while you're living!' but these two were just like 'This is what is going to happen, so we'll die together'. So fking beautiful!@#Eblj24T.jpg

Facing inevitable death hand in hand...

8E56wbl.jpg

...together...

~~~
*tear* I'm such a sap LOL

6mf9QDM.jpg

OMG SHE SAID IT!!! GUYS, SHE FKING SAID IT!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE FUWANOVEL

11Jne5N.jpg

BUT THEN THIS SHIT JUST SMILES AND DOESN'T RESPOND WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

~~
Other misc. comments

• Excellent way to start off the trilogy. The world, lore, characters from every sides and factions are all fleshed out quite nicely.
  • Villains were done extremely well; every one of them had a pretty interesting scheme and they were all memorable to me and didn't feel like fodder; Friagne with his creepy doll Marianne, the incest siblings Sorath & Tiriel, that one mad scientist guy, and the Bal Masque...
  • I'll admit, while Shana was in annoy mode I was actually thinking about how great Yoshida-san was for Yuuji compared to Shana. The show was just relentless in that aspect- make Shana say the stupidest things ever while making Yoshida-san say the most brilliant things ever (ie. she's the first to say Yuuji is human). I hope S2 doesn't pull more of those, but it's kinda what needs to happen since Yoshida-san would have absolutely no chance against Shana otherwise huh >.>

I expect great things from S2. You guys already gave me enough warnings about S3 so I'll make sure to prep for that later~

Finished up S1 Shagukan no Shana

Misc. Thoughts/Ramblings

Feelings Revelation

Finally these two quacks were able to identify wtf was wrong with themselves

fwvli3V.jpg

ksJyQyC.jpg

#23 Episodes ftw

#GG Easy

#Get on their level of relationship problem solving folks

Couple Suicide

*Sniff* Idk there was just something about Shana accepting her duty as Flame Haze to die for the sake of the world and Yuuji deciding to die with her like the loyal dumbass that he is that was just so touching for me;

Normally you'd expect the typical wishy washy 'I won't let you die; there has to be another way!!!" or the dreaded 'Fk you, I'm dying while you're living!' but these two were just like 'This is what is going to happen, so we'll die together'. So fking beautiful!@#Eblj24T.jpg

Facing inevitable death hand in hand...

8E56wbl.jpg

...together...

~~~

*tear* I'm such a sap LOL

6mf9QDM.jpg

OMG SHE SAID IT!!! GUYS, SHE FKING SAID IT!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE FUWANOVEL

11Jne5N.jpg

BUT THEN THIS SHIT JUST SMILES AND DOESN'T RESPOND WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

~~

Other misc. comments

• Excellent way to start off the trilogy. The world, lore, characters from every sides and factions are all fleshed out quite nicely.
  • Villains were done extremely well; every one of them had a pretty interesting scheme and they were all memorable to me and didn't feel like fodder; Friagne with his creepy doll Marianne, the incest siblings Sorath & Tiriel, that one mad scientist guy, and the Bal Masque...
  • I'll admit, while Shana was in annoy mode I was actually thinking about how great Yoshida-san was for Yuuji compared to Shana. The show was just relentless in that aspect- make Shana say the stupidest things ever while making Yoshida-san say the most brilliant things ever (ie. she's the first to say Yuuji is human). I hope S2 doesn't pull more of those, but it's kinda what needs to happen since Yoshida-san would have absolutely no chance against Shana otherwise huh >.>

I expect great things from S2. You guys already gave me enough warnings about S3 so I'll make sure to prep for that later >.>

One complaint: you didn't say a single thing about the amazing OP and ED the show had.  Also, I can't remember if Yoshida had the tuning ability in this arc or the next series... I think it was that final arc...?  Either way, Yoshida is meant to act as a foil for the human counterpart against Shana's flame haze upbringing, so she won't go away, ever, (maybe s3?)

Next season is more Yuuji-centric in my opinion, but it also focuses on all the side characters a bit more.  I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far.

DOOOMMMMIINOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I mean seriously, nothing about Hishoku no Sora or Yoake Umarekuru Shoujo OP and ED?