Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession:
I have this issue where I type what I pronounce as opposed to what I want to type. Examples are "there" as opposed to "dare". "I'm in" instead of "I mean" and others.

Same here, no matter what I do I can only type "tiag from verela" or some other hopeless rendition, it's just too hard to type the actual thing since the pronunciation goes everywhere

Confession:
I have this issue where I type what I pronounce as opposed to what I want to type. Examples are "there" as opposed to "dare". "I'm in" instead of "I mean" and others.

Same here, no matter what I do I can only type "tiag from verela" or some other hopeless rendition, it's just too hard to type the actual thing since the pronunciation goes everywhere

We should probably bribe an admin to forcibly change his name to Big T or something equally humiliating, for the greater good.

Confession:

We should probably bribe an admin to forcibly change his name to Big T or something equally humiliating, for the greater good.

Big T(inker with my Stinker)

Confession:

Will nobody on this site be satisfied until my name has been utterly ravaged to pieces?

Confession:

Will nobody on this site be satisfied until my name has been utterly ravaged to pieces?

Calm down Tigerflavor! It'll all be OK.

That was a joke, by the way. No need to kill me... yet.

I gave my New3DS an early christmas present in the form of Hori screen protectors

Put on my dust proof gloves and used my dust proof cleaning cloth in my dust proof pre-steamed room

AND STILL GOT A SINGLE MOTHER FLIPPIN' DUST SPECK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHH

at least it's on the touch screen portion instead of the 3D specs, and also it's on the lower left edge so it's a bit inconspicuous instead of like flat in the center which would make me rage to oblivion

~~
I will prepare for round 2 with my Vita soon, this time I'll bring dust proof dust.

Confession: Here's the reason why even you weebs with your virginities, hug pillows and embarrassing wall scrolls are nowhere near my dork level.

I present: My Warmachine Army

ngJgT7G.jpg

BVzgqU2.jpg

Hand-painted, hand-glued and ready to be used in some fat guy's mother's basement to roll some dice in order to play euphoric fantasy battles for honor and glory.

In case one of you (lol) doesn't know what Warmachine is, it's like Warhammer, just from a nicer company that doesn't extort people. And if you don't know what warhammer is, you don't need to know.

Confession: It kinda hurts to realize that my only talent (English) won't mean jack shit if I go abroad for college in US or UK where most people speak it better than I ever could.

Been thinking of becoming a writer or translator, but I don't think I'm good enough in English to write or good enough in Turkish to translate.

Confession 2: Feeling more dependent on escapism nowadays. I just want to retreat more into being immersed in fiction (a state of not being aware of myself in the real world) but the fact that I can't do that (exams start on Monday, gotta get some real good grades to enroll into Advanced Placement courses next year) really gets to me. The fact that I can't stand myself is the reason I can't stand myself.

Edited by Funyarinpa

CONFESSION: I'm finally starting to feel somewhat helpful. I figured with the holiday coming up things would slow down at work and I could catch some extra time on some projects. Instead I ended up doing the massive bulk of whatever came into work and had almost no time. Add to it the wife and girls getting sick and the typical holiday stuff and I haven't made as much headway as I'd like.

Confession: Went to buy a small bottle of sake for Christmas, didn't get ID'd even though it says they ID people under 25. Guess that's what happens when I don't shave ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Confession 2: I might have mentioned the same thing happening last year, but I don't care enough to check

Dude, it's Canada. I'd be surprised if they carded someone who looked over 16, let alone 25.

Confession: I hope all you nerds have a Merry Christmas, even the ones who don't celebrate it and the ones who aren't nerds

Dude, it's Canada. I'd be surprised if they carded someone who looked over 16, let alone 25.

Nah, they're pretty uptight about that kind of stuff here, "someone please think of the children" and all that.

Confession: I hope all you nerds have a Merry Christmas, even the ones who don't celebrate it and the ones who aren't nerds

Nah, they're pretty uptight about that kind of stuff here, "someone please think of the children" and all that.

Studying maths for the upcoming exam week (today's off for me since so many people in the faculty are Christians) 

Wheeeeeeee

HAPPY CHRISTMAS MOTHERFUCKERS 

Confession: It kinda hurts to realize that my only talent (English) won't mean jack shit if I go abroad for college in US or UK where most people speak it better than I ever could.

Been thinking of becoming a writer or translator, but I don't think I'm good enough in English to write or good enough in Turkish to translate.

Confession 2: Feeling more dependent on escapism nowadays. I just want to retreat more into being immersed in fiction (a state of not being aware of myself in the real world) but the fact that I can't do that (exams start on Monday, gotta get some real good grades to enroll into Advanced Placement courses next year) really gets to me. The fact that I can't stand myself is the reason I can't stand myself.

I agree, pursuing a language-based career is not something that's easy to do. There are many writers and translators out there competing in your line of work, and only a handful of them are actually successful. More times than not, you will have to pursue a side job in order to finance your ambitions. But I think it's still very doable.

I don't know if this is the case with you or not, but if you're looking at the entire route from start to finish, you're overwhelming yourself. Rather than think about what you need to do entirely, try breaking it up into short-term goals and only concern yourself with that. There are 4 parts to language study that can help reinforce your understanding of the English language. You have reading, writing, conversation, and alternate language research. Tackle each aspect individually, and work on it over a long period of time.

Remember, you have your entire life to dedicate to your ambitions. The earlier you get started on it, the earlier you master it. If you're good enough, you could write a book with a video game or movie adaption that's just as popular as series like Lord of the Rings or The Witcher. By then, everything you print will be a hit and that's where your career takes off!

Also, remember the baby steps philosophy. It's more productive to put in a small amount of effort every day than it is to put in large effort once in a blue moon. Try to do something that helps you further your abilities every day for 30 minutes or an hour. It's a short period of time in which you can realistically expect yourself to commit to on a daily basis. And if you find that you can comfortably increase your effort as you do it more, then by all means. Just make sure you can do it consistently.

8itLY4m.jpg

I agree, pursuing a language-based career is not something that's easy to do. There are many writers and translators out there competing in your line of work, and only a handful of them are actually successful. More times than not, you will have to pursue a side job in order to finance your ambitions. But I think it's still very doable.

I don't know if this is the case with you or not, but if you're looking at the entire route from start to finish, you're overwhelming yourself. Rather than think about what you need to do entirely, try breaking it up into short-term goals and only concern yourself with that. There are 4 parts to language study that can help reinforce your understanding of the English language. You have reading, writing, conversation, and alternate language research. Tackle each aspect individually, and work on it over a long period of time.

Remember, you have your entire life to dedicate to your ambitions. The earlier you get started on it, the earlier you master it. If you're good enough, you could write a book with a video game or movie adaption that's just as popular as series like Lord of the Rings or The Witcher. By then, everything you print will be a hit and that's where your career takes off!

Also, remember the baby steps philosophy. It's more productive to put in a small amount of effort every day than it is to put in large effort once in a blue moon. Try to do something that helps you further your abilities every day for 30 minutes or an hour. It's a short period of time in which you can realistically expect yourself to commit to on a daily basis. And if you find that you can comfortably increase your effort as you do it more, then by all means. Just make sure you can do it consistently.

Hidden Content

Thank you so much. I think I'd be even worse off had it not been for you.

Thank you.