Official 2014 Rock-Around-the-Clock Moderator Appreciation Day Thread

Tay

Kaguya. I have no idea what the heck he is. He has told stories of his moderator duties but I have never seen him moderate myself. He also seems like a guy with a head on his shoulders. Yet another thing I've never seen him use. All I have is myths and legends. I look forward to one day seeing you do stuff. (All the trolling [with a positive connotation, nothing prejudicial] and spamming he has done has been omitted for the sake of leaving this gentleman in a positive light :D)

I dare to say I'm the second most active mod. I do most of my work in private, dealing with reports, sending pms and taking part in epic battles from the shadows~

Oh yeah, Beato is an important mod, dealing with a lot of front-page stuff. Not that active on the forums, thouh.

I dare to say I'm the second most active mod. I do most of my work in private, dealing with reports, sending pms and taking part in epic battles from the shadows~

Case in point, I've seen you do bugger all thus far. All I have is your word, shady as it is.

I'll just have to force my cynical self to believe it.

Oh yeah, Beato is an important mod, dealing with a lot of front-page stuff. Not that active on the forums, thouh.

Edit: Don't edit stuff in after I've already replied. What if I couldn't be arsed to reply?

Thanks for the clarification.

You might also notice that I'm not exactly accurate on most of the other descriptions either. It's all based on my biased experience.

Did somebody say Shadows?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcxzv0YMfKgpersona_4__the_animation__shadows__by_yo

Case in point, I've seen you do bugger all thus far. All I have is your word, shady as it is.

I'll just have to force my cynical self to believe it.

Here's a super sikrit excerpt from the report panel:

psTW4wc.png

I could take a lot of similar screenshots in older pages (which doesn't mean other mods don't deal with reports either, contain your slanders :P )

By the way, all you mods are doing a great job. Kendjin and Beato were both very helpful when I made my list of torrents that were going to be taken down; Kendjin in particular let me repeatedly bug him with PMs and let me quote him as a source, which he in no way had to do. Down, Nosebleed and Kaguya have all been extremely helpful in answering my many questions about VNs, Japanese culture in general, and pretty much anything else I could possibly ask related to either subject. You guys are awesome <3

picard_clapping.gif

Edit: Oh shit, I forgot to talk about how awesome Tay is. You were my first friend at Fuwa, and I love you, man. You pour so much time and effort into this site it's crazy, even though you're so busy. You deserve a medal.

Here's a super sikrit excerpt from the report panel:

psTW4wc.png

I could take a lot of similar screenshots in older pages (which doesn't mean other mods don't deal with reports either, contain your slanders :P )

I'll take it as fabricated evidence. (Given the fact that only you and the person you are defending are present there. Awfully shady indeed)

Say hello to pages 34, 35 and 36 of our reports.

RdPW4ME.png

j5owzf4.png

M5XYhUI.png

Of course. I'm the lazy mod. Obviously.  :Kappa:

In all seriousness, me, nosebleed and down deal with reports equally. The other mods deal with them too, just not so much- but they're all incredibly helpful people in other aspects. Kendjin is the upload king, Beato helps with the front page, etc, etc- I wouldn't say any one of us is better than the other as a mod. I'm glad to work with such a competent team, and being a mod is pretty cool, all in all.

Say hello to pages 34, 35 and 36 of our reports.

RdPW4ME.png

j5owzf4.png

M5XYhUI.png

Of course. I'm the lazy mod. Obviously.  :Kappa:

In all seriousness, me, nosebleed and down deal with reports equally. The other mods deal with them too, just not so much- but they're all incredibly helpful people in other aspects. Kendjin is the upload king, Beato helps with the front page, etc, etc- I wouldn't say any one of us is better than the other as a mod. I'm glad to work with such a competent team, and being a mod is pretty cool, all in all.

(...Have I no counter-argument...?)

Anyhow.

Good for you. You seem to be satisfied with the moderating team and work environment. That is very good. 

A poor pleb like me wouldn't really know all those things would he? I have commented on what I knew and thanked everyone. My work here is done.

Although I'll stay to wreak havoc and call BS.

I'm so happy that my 2000th post coincides with this holiday!

I've gone through and found my top 15 images uploaded for Fuwanovelian purposes used in my last 500 posts. Please enjoy.

12891245554_873fb5eec2_o_d.jpg

9954808724_76d269474b_o_d.png

Love Katawa Shoujo! 

... speaking of which...

14204870805_e4ea76162f_b_d.jpg

This was the example I used (and is still live) in the Rules topic to explain how to report offensive posts. (Note: sometimes the truth is offensive!) (I regret nothing!)

10330221146_18bb85b1c1_o_d.jpg

Just for smiles. Makes me laugh every time.

10435297744_97cc4f2f23_o_d.jpg

More laughs.

10521215744_8223ffa6cd_z_d.jpg

Nay Fried Rice! SO DELICIOUS! (Anybody remember the Recipe game?)

9411626859_4945d23e43_h_d.jpg

This is the Fuwanovel Apartment Complex from my failed Sims 3 Fuwanovel playthrough. Batman rebooted this, if I remember correctly...

10521196266_bca63e125e_z_d.jpg

Tamagoyaki! (More recipe game love!)

12037066403_b7a15a41ea_o_d.jpg

^ Anybody recognize this picture? Think long and hard! Answer below!  

This is the official "Fuwapocalypse" picture.

12509991754_18ab21e48b_o_d.png

So much to unpack here. A) Thanks for rebooting this, Ren! B) THE VITA IS AMAZING, LEWY.  C) NOBODY ASKED YOU, LEWY. D) No, it actually has lots of games, Lewy. E) You know what? We're just going to have to agree to disagree, Lewy. F) This conversation is over. G) Here's some pretzels. I'm sorry for yelling at you.

9954808554_49100f4931_b_d.jpg

Katawa Shoujo 2 exclusive pre-alpha art leak! 

... I wish...

12159080044_85b0a9f3db_o_d.jpg

In his defense, he did warn us.

14451183270_b033fab0fe_o_d.jpg

still get emails from time to time asking me to delete this one from off the forums...

15422657135_9eeb44f7d0_h_d.jpg

Happy 2000th post! Happy Moderators' Appreciation Day!

Beato, I've seen very little of this lurker. But it seems like she knows things and helps fix a variety of visual novel issues. Good. 

-Thanks for knowing things and fixing other people's troubles.

Haha. I guess I really should try to be more active but I often feel like I don't have anything to say. But don't worry I'm always there, watching you from the shadows...

I'm so happy that my 2000th post coincides with this holiday!

I've gone through and found my top 15 images uploaded for Fuwanovelian purposes used in my last 500 posts. Please enjoy.

12891245554_873fb5eec2_o_d.jpg

9954808724_76d269474b_o_d.png

Love Katawa Shoujo! 

... speaking of which...

14204870805_e4ea76162f_b_d.jpg

This was the example I used (and is still live) in the Rules topic to explain how to report offensive posts. (Note: sometimes the truth is offensive!) (I regret nothing!)

10330221146_18bb85b1c1_o_d.jpg

Just for smiles. Makes me laugh every time.

10435297744_97cc4f2f23_o_d.jpg

More laughs.

10521215744_8223ffa6cd_z_d.jpg

Nay Fried Rice! SO DELICIOUS! (Anybody remember the Recipe game?)

9411626859_4945d23e43_h_d.jpg

This is the Fuwanovel Apartment Complex from my failed Sims 3 Fuwanovel playthrough. Batman rebooted this, if I remember correctly...

10521196266_bca63e125e_z_d.jpg

Tamagoyaki! (More recipe game love!)

12037066403_b7a15a41ea_o_d.jpg

^ Anybody recognize this picture? Think long and hard! Answer below!  

This is the official "Fuwapocalypse" picture.

12509991754_18ab21e48b_o_d.png

So much to unpack here. A) Thanks for rebooting this, Ren! B) THE VITA IS AMAZING, LEWY.  C) NOBODY ASKED YOU, LEWY. D) No, it actually has lots of games, Lewy. E) You know what? We're just going to have to agree to disagree, Lewy. F) This conversation is over. G) Here's some pretzels. I'm sorry for yelling at you.

9954808554_49100f4931_b_d.jpg

Katawa Shoujo 2 exclusive pre-alpha art leak! 

... I wish...

12159080044_85b0a9f3db_o_d.jpg

In his defense, he did warn us.

14451183270_b033fab0fe_o_d.jpg

still get emails from time to time asking me to delete this one from off the forums...

15422657135_9eeb44f7d0_h_d.jpg

Happy 2000th post! Happy Moderators' Appreciation Day!

Oh my bloody god that Levi picture is gold. I demand you print an A3 copy, frame it, and mount it on your wall.