Official 2014 Rock-Around-the-Clock Moderator Appreciation Day Thread

Tay

15399297896_cbcf2ac122_o_d.jpg

This post MUST be read against one of the following background music tracks. You can choose any of the songs from the selection, but you cannot proceed to the party without reading this post to background music. These songs were chosen to match a wide range of emotional states. If you want the feels, you can find the feels. If you want the party, you can find the party.

Option A (Default Option)

http://youtu.be/nxtxjE_TDoM 

Option B

http://youtu.be/3GwjfUFyY6M 

Option C

http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo 

Option D

http://youtu.be/VL4ei-RE3Nc 

Option E

http://youtu.be/kyFyAqLtHq8 

Option F

http://youtu.be/-bzWSJG93P8  

Option G

youtube.com/watch?v=EuXdhow3uqQ&t=0m30s

15399247416_8e42d9b525_o_d.jpg

“My dream is to become the Eiffel Tower.”

If you recognize this quote, then chances are good that you are/have been a moderator. It mathematically follows that you’re a stellar human being and a friend to the masses. Being a moderator has its ups and its downs, but at least the money is good and the global fame helps… right? (… anybody?) Every moderator who has given time to the endless war against spam, derailing, AMA threads, and otherwise served the People’s Republic of Fuwanovel has impacted the evolution of our community. Your blood, sweat and tears have left Fuwanovel changed for the better. The dozens/hundreds/thousands of hours you gave our community – more often than not without a lot of thanks – can never be adequately honored.

But that doesn’t mean we can’t try!

And what better way to honor moderators’ work than create a party thread which is doomed to much derailing, spam, and an ungodly amount of imgur/youtube tangents? Kidding! Well. Kinda. This thread IS going to be all of the above, but it’s also a chance for the community at large to voice their thanks.

THE RULES

SO! Here are the rules for this party thread:

·       Party like it’s 1999

·       Have a ton of fun

·       Also take time to thank the moderators (as a whole and, if you can, specifically) for all of their time and effort. Please be sure to make at least one such post today.

·       Moderators should be encouraged to give speeches

·       Embrace the feels

·       Be a little vulnerable and say something nice!

·       Listen to your heart (when it’s calling for you)

·       Say a lot of nice things about the mods and share favorite stories

·       This thread will (theoretically) close at 11:59 PM tonight (October 3rd, 2014). You have but 24 hours!

·       Party like it’s 1999

I'd like to close with a quote from a certain fanfic. “Search in your heart. Batman is not any one person. Batman is a symbol of justice and freedom from fear of criminals. Batman can be anyone.”

Today, my friends, you moderators are batman. (Literally, for at least one of you.)

15422327782_18ce400633_h_d.jpg

HAPPY MODERATORS’ APPRECIATION DAY 2014!

Happy MODERATOR APPRECIATION DAY thanks for making Fuwanovel a place I love and working hard to keep it going! I have been on fuwa for 5 months or so now and it has grown to be a part of my daily routine. Things have been rough for me lately so I haven't been posting much nor checking up on the threads I follow (✖╭╮✖) Thanks to you mods I can come back after all is said and done and enjoy my stay. I haven't had many talks with the mods but I do read a lot of the posts O(≧▽≦)O Anyways again thank you for what you do on fuwa and you do make a difference in my day  :wub: 

When I googled "imgur moderator" earlier today, this is the first thing to come up.

3vbQi.gif

Sure glad we have good mods and none of this goin' on ; )

Heh, they use that on the Escapist - everyone who gets banned also gets their avatar changed to that.

I don't have any fancy pictures to spam this thread so all I want to say is THANK YOU to all the site admins, moderators and staff members for keeping the community strong by moderating and good luck :) keep doing a great job <3

In very 90's fashion

AustinClaps.gif

this gif of thanks will be considered to be from you my friend

Thank you guys so much for being here with us and helping us through the mess that is communication over the internet. It's a pleasure

All the pictures can be taken in the context of "my message to the moderators". Enjoy ^^

996e42af8e.jpg

8412a9be2f.jpg

39190d634c.jpg

I'll be relying on your wisdom and guidance in the future. (one of the cats is me, and one is the mods. <3)

c0309673c9.jpg

Topics aint gonna de-derail themselves!

Indubitably my good chap

Once everyone has given thanks we should all keep the discussion (very loosely used) going. Having this thread get 1000+ posts in 24 hours should show how much we appreciate this site and the people who put out so much effort so that we can have a place like this to call home.

If I may, I would like to put one more rule out there

the-cat-is-an-asshole.jpg

I shall dedicate my 100th post to celebrate this glorious day.

Although I've only been here for a few weeks now so I don't know the moderators as much as I'd like, but:

Thanks to Nosebleed for introducing me to the LoveLive! franchise!! Maki x Nico  :wub: 
Thanks to Down for helping me out with my walkthroughs and miscellaneous requests (like changing my user title hehehe)
Thanks to Kendjin for his fabulous Unlimited Upload Works
Thanks to Kaguya for trolling me a couple times thinking he was Nosebleed

And of course, overall big thanks to all other moderators past and present for their hard work on these forums!