Sekai Project Official Grisaia Translation?

douggle

This is awesome. I really enjoyed how the fan-translation went so I'm curious how they're going to improve it. The removal of H-scenes is something I don't really mind. Most of the time I just ctrl past them so it doesn't make a difference to me. Looking forward to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

Preordering it as soon as it's available; truly excellent news :D .

I didn't realize there was a Ps3 version to begin with, I thought it was PSP, PS VITA and PC, however I would love to see a localized vita port, or hell even a ps3 port would be good, but I have a feeling something like that would entirely depend on something like Xblaze Code Embryo since its the only English VN out on the ps3 atm

Don't forget Hakuoki

I didn't realize there was a Ps3 version to begin with, I thought it was PSP, PS VITA and PC, however I would love to see a localized vita port, or hell even a ps3 port would be good, but I have a feeling something like that would entirely depend on something like Xblaze Code Embryo since its the only English VN out on the ps3 atm

Sekai has expressed interest in getting things on to the Vita (can't remember what they were thinking about it with. WEE maybe?). I am really curious to get Xblaze sales numbers out of Aksys. 

Sekai has expressed interest in getting things on to the Vita (can't remember what they were thinking about it with. WEE maybe?). I am really curious to get Xblaze sales numbers out of Aksys. 

I read the Demo, it was surprisingly good even though it ended at a shit point, like I mentioned in another post once I have the money I will be buying it.

I'm glad this game is getting an official localization and that the excellent fan translation is being used. It's seriously the best fan translation of a visual novel ever and Koestl deserves this. 

Also, it seems this news has completely overshadowed the news of Planetarian getting released by Sekai Project as well. This is also pretty big news, it's the first official localization of a Key game. Perhaps we'll see other Key games get official releases as well. 

so,any assurance that this All-Ages release of Grisaia will be an actual proper All-Ages release instead of the mess that Moenovel did to "If My Heart Had Wings"?I don't mind reworking 18+ content to properly fit in the All-Ages because that's what happen to VNs when they are ported to consoles,and the first Grisaia does have proper All-Ages console ports.However,"If My Heart Had Wings" doesn't have any All-Ages port,so Moenovel simply brought the 18+ version and removed the 18+ in a clunky way.

They're porting the Vita changes to PC, so this is an official edit made by the original creators.  The Vita version was a Cero-D release which means 17+, not all-ages.

yeah,but usually they like to use the All-Ages term when the sex is removed/relaced.

Even without the sex,it is pretty sure Grisaia will get a Mature rating.Even Steins Gate,that never had any sex and was rated Teen in Japan,got a Mature rating in America.

What does "Sekai Project" even do, as the publisher? Negotiations, approaching the head company, and distribution?

They also pay to license the game and pay Koestl for the work already done and the translation of the extra scenes and whatever polishing that's going to happen.

yeah,but usually they like to use the All-Ages term when the sex is removed/relaced.

Even without the sex,it is pretty sure Grisaia will get a Mature rating.Even Steins Gate,that never had any sex and was rated Teen in Japan,got a Mature rating in America.

Well, that's the difference between Moenovel and this. Moenovel wanted to make a genuine "all-ages" story while this will certainly not be that, since they're adapting the 17+ Vita version. And that the changes aren't made so haphazardly since they were made by Frontwing.

yeah.The problem is:will they bring the sequels even if the 18+ versions are the only ones avaliable so far?So far,there are no plans for Meikyuu and Rakuen to be released on consoles,not mentioning I have no idea how they would handle

Yuuji fucking not only his own sister but HIS OWN MOM TOO!!

if they ever make those All-Ages...

yeah.The problem is:will they bring the sequels even if the 18+ versions are the only ones avaliable so far?So far,there are no plans for Meikyuu and Rakuen to be released on consoles,not mentioning I have no idea how they would handle

Yuuji fucking not only his own sister but HIS OWN MOM TOO!!

if they ever make those All-Ages...

So far its just Kajitsu being tl'ed,

1) There are planned Vita ports of those games

2) Koestl still plans on translating the sequels whether Sekai Project is involved or not

3) There can be sex without explicit sex scenes. The official Kaijitsu release will still have plenty of references to sex and characters having sex as part of the story.

I'm happy to see a big name VN like Grisaia get localized, though all ages... well I suppose it won't really matter outside of two routes.

Not sure how I feel about the sex getting taken out of Yumiko and Amane's routes though. Yumiko it could be worked around... even though the awkwardness leading up to sex is quite hilarious. They could even go for the Personaesque "you spent a long time with Yumiko". Amane though.... I dunno a lot of what actually made Yuuji interested in her past was just how much of a horn dog she was. Wonder how that'll be handled.

1) There are planned Vita ports of those games

2) Koestl still plans on translating the sequels whether Sekai Project is involved or not

3) There can be sex without explicit sex scenes. The official Kaijitsu release will still have plenty of references to sex and characters having sex as part of the story.

The sequels will get Vita ports too?That's great to hear.But,even if you don't have explicit sex,you can't get away with

incest with your blood-related sister and your blood-related mom...