Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

OriginalRen

So what you wanted to say was "Episode 3 of the "Get to Know your Community Podcast" is up, featuring me, Nayleen!"?

There's speaking on someone's behalf, and then there's saying you're someone else. :ph34r:

Yours truly actually refers to a submissive position. Referring to yourself as Your's (the recipient) and truly referring to the without a doubt.

Yours truly, a euphemistic alternative to the pronoun 'I' or 'me' – referring to oneself

Anyone claiming otherwise should be taking out back and be forced to carve this into a tree stump fifty times.

I do wish to point out though, you are welcome to name the podcast however you like, this just seemed to be a discussion.

To hell with school. Who needs that when you have the Fuwa-spelling police. Hi, Flutterz! Hi, Kendjin! :D

All right, I'll play your game...

According to the Corpus of Contemporary American English (COCA) made possible by Birmingham Young University in Provo, Utah, which includes over 450 million English words and phrases from 1990-2012, there are a total of at least 242 instances of the expression "yours truly" being used. In the subcorpus of the BNC (British English) which only contains about 100 million words, there were far less instances of the expression being used. None of these entries were to the closing of a letter. That being said, while most of the entries did act as a placeholder for the word "me" as you both state in your argument, certain entries showed the expression being used differently while speaking on someone's behalf. In my case, this is exactly what I did: speak on Nayleen's behalf.

It is true though, it is common for people to sometimes use "yours truly" as a substitute for "me", but not in every situation, which is the point I am driving home.

Also, I would like to point out that I could have sworn one of you typed "your's truly" at some point, which would indicate that the word "truly" is being possessed - you cannot possess adverbs.

That is all.

Fuwacast Updates!

DOUBLE WEEK!

1. DOUBLE new episodes! -

Seeing as how I won't be here next week for the podcast due to some other work obligations, I decided to post a double episode for the "Get to Know Your Community" podcast series. Enjoy your fill fellow followers, and feast on the goodness!

Get to Know Your Community! Episode 4 - Feat. Rose

4iTFICA.png

Get to Know Your Community! Episode 5 - Feat. Solidbatman

Ntj2sKY.jpg

2. Episode recordings

The times for episodes 8, 9, and 10 are established, and recording sessions are set for this week. Look forward to seeing all of these posted very soon.

From what I've heard from Ren, you did went pretty deep >_>

I don't know anything about Mekakucity Actors but that kinda made me curious enough to want to listen the podcast.

It was a very legitimate question lol. The masses need to know answers to those kinds of things.

Hey everyone,

The very 1st episode of the Fuwanovel podcast is now posted on my YouTube channel for your viewing pleasure! I still need to edit some of the playlist information as well as the description section, but feel free to check it out until then. A very special thanks to The Major and maefdomn for working on these.

Let us know what you think!

Great stuff! Just subbed to your channel :D.

I was doing some game development business stuff throughout the weekend and managed to listen to every one of your podcasts. They were very entertaining! Helpful, too, with the VN discussions and all. Is it possible to make the episodes downloadable (not sure if they are at the moment)? I like listening to podcasts on my commutes, where I have limited internet access.

:)

Great stuff! Just subbed to your channel :D.

I was doing some game development business stuff throughout the weekend and managed to listen to every one of your podcasts. They were very entertaining! Helpful, too, with the VN discussions and all. Is it possible to make the episodes downloadable (not sure if they are at the moment)? I like listening to podcasts on my commutes, where I have limited internet access.

:)

Most of the episodes are uploaded onto my Google Drive. If you have an email account I can share access with you so you can download the episodes.

Fuwacast Updates!

Another week, another episode. Here are all of the updates for the cast as of this week. I have also added previous episodes of the cast to this post, so check them out if you are new to the podcast scene here on Fuwanovel.

1. New Episode!

Episode 10 is now released on my Mixcloud account. Check it out.

Episode 10 - Crossing Shores: Visual Novels Grabbing a Foothold in the West

XuRDiQq.jpg

2. Previous Episodes

New to the podcast? Check out some of the older episodes for the "Welcome to the Fuwacast!" podcast series.

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 1 - This May Have Been a Huge Mistake

PNfsBdB.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 2 - We Never Thought of a Title

Qk56sct.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 3 - Questions from the Viewers

aJjOKK6.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 5 - Grisaia no Kajitsu グリザイアの果実 [SPOILERS ALERT]

XPi6Ctj.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 6 - Author vs. Translator

fKMJTsJ.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 7 - Makings of a Good Visual Novel

Gl8sc9J.jpg

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 9 - Kagerou Project [spoilerS ALERT]

dhs1aNZ.jpg

Read the opening post, as I am always looking for new ideas and volunteers. New episodes are going to be announced soon so feel free to suggest an idea and participate. I want people to be passionate about the topics they choose, so suggest something you really like talking about.

As for my specific projects from me as a member of this site, I have a page that keeps everything (at least on a weekly basis) up to date:

https://forums.fuwanovel.net/index.php?/topic/4785-rens-currentupcomingdelayed-projects-page

As for other projects, ask around.

Episode 8 of the Fuwanovel podcast is set to be recorded this Thursday, and over the weekend I will be posting some new topic ideas. If you guys have any ideas for episodes you would like to see, start offering some suggestions!

"Means of Story Telling" 

Basically, how can VNs tell a better story?