Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

OriginalRen

Fuwacast Updates!

1. Welcome to the Fuwacast! - New Episode!

Welcome to the Fuwacast! Episode 8 - Hoshizora no Memoria 星空のメモリア [SPOILERS ALERT]

0IJR7Ov.jpg

2. Get to Know Your Community! - New Episode!

Get to Know Your Community! Episode 6 - Feat. Krill

GO9UVu2.jpg

3. Upcoming episode plans

• Welcome to the Fuwacast! = I have some new topic ideas which I will post in the coming week. If you have any additional suggestions, please don't hesitate to share them!
  • Man Behind the Curtain = I have been messaging Tay and when him and I have time, we plan to record another episode. Look for it soon.
  • Get to Know Your Community! = A lot of you have requested that I feature InvertMouse on this podcast series, and I am currently preparing a proper interview which may last more than the slotted 30 minute time. Keep an eye out for more details later.

And that's it. Thanks for listening in, and I hope you enjoy the casts!

You should really disable TS notifications while recording, hearing them during the podcast is extremely distracting, especially because I can't tell if they're in the recording or on my computer. Dunno if you did it for episode 8, but it was pretty bad in episode 10.

Also Snow Sakura wasn't that good and Misaki is the only part of NHK I disliked.  :P

• 2 weeks later...

My mind doesn't work with these type of things, I was kinda all over the place and failed to link together topics or provide USEFUL information at times (so butchered my affection of Rin) :(

The Tony Hawk game here

The video is me doing the same thing over and over, because that's how you get high scores in the game.

All right everyone,

As originally planned, I need volunteers for episode 4. Due to the fact that the original members have issues with personal life and time management cohesion, I thought it would be best to start over from scratch. To the previous members who were currently registered for the recording of that episode, if you would like to be apart of the episode please let me know, otherwise I am recruiting a whole new batch of guests. So far, here is the list I have made based on people I have talked to:

Episode 4 - An Infamous Return

The topic for episode 4 is open ended, meaning we will pull from questions the community wants to ask. We already have a list of questions to use in case nobody comes up with any new ones, however that being said, the floor is open; start brainstorming and asking questions in this thread to be used in the new episode. Once we get a good amount of questions and I have all of my volunteers, I will establish a time and we can finally finish this elusive episode.

In addition to this 4th episode, it is time to announce the plans for the next 4 episodes, which I hope to have completed before I leave for Japan in the beginning of November. Check out the list of ideas below.

Episode 13 - Welcome to the Fuwacast! Lucid9 Project (Fallen Snow Studios)

Currently, we have 3 original English made VNs being created by members of our community. Lucid9 is the 1st VN in this group. I plan to interview members from this team in the next month or 2 and create a podcast episode of it. Emails for the respective project group will be sent out next week at some point to get the ball rolling.

Episode 14 - Welcome to the Fuwacast! Violet Hill Project (Red Latice Studio)

The 3rd and final VN of the group. As with the other two, I will interview members from this team in the next month or 2 and create a podcast episode of it. Emails for the respective project group will be sent out next week.

And that's about it. Hopefully these episodes will attract people to the original English VN projects, and for this reason, I will not be hosting a community spotlight series for them. If you have any questions or are confused about any of the upcoming episodes, please feel free to ask. See you real soon!

Fuwacast Episode 11

Hey everyone,

So I did a little reorganization of episode numbers for the upcoming recordings of the podcast, and as such, episode 11 is now being listed here. If you are interested in being apart of this new episode please let me know. Details are posted below.

Topic: Visual Novel Modernity: A Step Back

Possible questions for this topic include:

1. Visual novels have gone through many modern changes over the years. One of these modern changes in more recent games is the use live animations during CG sequences and h-scenes. In your own opinion, do you think the switch into "anime" for telling a written story is a good idea? Why or why not? Do you feel you are reading a story or watching a show with these changes? How does this affect your overall experience in visual novels?

2. List some examples of older visual novels you have played and describe how they compare to newer releases in terms of modernity. Do you feel these games have kept their charm throughout the years, or do you feel they are slightly outdated? Do you think it's necessary, more-so a good idea, to update these games as time goes on (i.e. = updating a game for a handheld console with extra CGs and HD graphics)?

3. On the flip side, list some examples of modern visual novels you have played (within the last year or 2). Comparing these to older games, do you enjoy the route companies are going when making a newer visual novel? How are new ideas a good thing for visual novels? How are they a bad thing?

4. Give some examples of changes you yourself have noticed in more modern VNs. What do you like about these changes, and what do you dislike? Feel free to use examples from specific VNs to support your opinion.

In addition to these questions, if you can think of any more regarding this topic please don't hesitate to suggest them. With that, I plan to volunteer for this episode and would love to have others contribute as well. Please keep in mind I would prefer people who have exposure to both translated and non-translated visual novels, but this is not needed. Anyways, I look forward to discussing this topic!

• 2 weeks later...