Fuwanovel Podcast (Fuwacast) Official Thread

OriginalRen

Just a suggestion, perhaps the podcast could be a bit more easier to access. Sure, mixcloud is nice and all, but it just gets very tedious to constantly be checking mix cloud. Perhaps there's a more accessible podcast provider out there? Maybe sticher or even SoundCloud. Just a suggestion.

Hey everyone,

I will be posting more details about recruitment for the podcast as soon as I finish some other things I am working on. Right now I am recording the rest of Mina's route in Cocoro@Function!, finishing Clover Day's, streaming the rest of Koi ga Saku, and finishing up Amairo this week. In addition, I am working on playing some demos for other games to add to my YouTube channel, so it's mostly me focusing on visual novel "let's plays" for the time being. As soon as I finish a lot of games in the coming week, I will start focusing on podcast material.

Thanks again for being patient.

Always nice to fit a personality to a name; thanks for the fuwacast Ren. I've actually been on a radio station in college where we talked about nerd stuff so I've done something similar to a podcast in the past and would be happy to do something in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Small update outside of the Fuwacast:

New Episode!

http://www.mixcloud.com/OriginalRen/test

CMGc9R5.png

Been awhile since I went to Japan, but it's time to get this branch of the podcast back into full swing! I will be updating the actual episodes soon.

Oh, it's RinXD! I'm going to listen to this.

You can download a lot of the episodes on my Google Drive to listen to if you'd like. In addition, my YouTube channel is uploading videos of the casts. All information is in the opening post.

or http://www.download-mixcloud.com/

• 1 month later...

Brandon Sanderson finished the wheel of time series...and they were better when he wrote them...he also does Way of the Kings, Elantris, Mistborn, and a bunch of other stuff. Great fantasy author.

With that tangent out of the way great podcast. I rather enjoy these. You have a man-behind-the-curtain, community podcast now you need a regular podcast...eventually.

Brandon Sanderson finished the wheel of time series...and they were better when he wrote them...he also does Way of the Kings, Elantris, Mistborn, and a bunch of other stuff. Great fantasy author.

With that tangent out of the way great podcast. I rather enjoy these. You have a man-behind-the-curtain, community podcast now you need a regular podcast...eventually.

The regular podcast exists, I just haven't found the time to start episodes for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Subject :

"What can you do with Visual novel as a genre ? Are you satisfied with what Visual Novels are today ? What do you want them to become ? What to you expect from Visual Novels ? How would your preferences influence the evolution of the genre both in content and audience ? "

Anyone interested in a discussion around these questions which cover the topic of Visual Novel's evolution ?

May be modified, but the overall topic will stay the same.

Subject :

"What can you do with Visual novel as a genre ? Are you satisfied with what Visual Novels are today ? What do you want them to become ? What to you expect from Visual Novels ? How would your preferences influence the evolution of the genre both in content and audience ? "

Anyone interested in a discussion around these questions which cover the topic of Visual Novel's evolution ?

May be modified, but the overall topic will stay the same.

If the plan is to have the next podcast about the Evolution of VNs, then I highly suggest people (that haven't already) to read this: The History of Eroge. This was originally a Japanese article, and the place I linked to is one of the only places with a translation of it. For those that have not yet read it, It's a fascinating read.

Is visual novel evolution evolving to adapt to the changing social climate or will be seeing visual novels get affected by the upcoming Olympics? Questions to ponder even if I am more interested in where the medium seems to be heading than how ithas been evolving. I have admittedly seen a number of changes since Hirameki did releases although part of the hirameki-ish methods are returning...we are seeing the affects of visual novels becoming more mainstream in how releases are being handled for one thing.

Gd5GYtp.jpg

It's podcast revival time everyone! I want to record an episode as soon as possible, and I thought the best way to get back into things is to have a "welcome back" episode, featuring a total of 3 guests who are frequent players of visual novels. Here is the topic (as suggested by solidbatman some time ago) that I had in mind:

Episode 12: Introducing a Genre - How to Attract Newcomers to the VN World

As the title suggests, this episode will be about how we as visual novel enthusiasts can introduce newcomers to the genre and what you think are the most effective ways in doing so. Example questions may include:

• What games do you recommend every newcomer checks out when it comes to playing visual novels?
  • Which games do you think newcomers should avoid?
  • If you are a veteran of VNs (translated or not), is there any advice you have for someone just starting out? On the contrary, if you are new to the scene, what sorts of questions do you have if any?
  • Major companies (Sekai Project, Mangagamer, etc.) are working hard to translate VNs for the world and bring the genre to many players, both old and new. What are you opinions on their style of business?
  • Do you feel gaming platforms such as Steam are a good introductory way of showcasing visual novels?
  • Would you recommend OELVNs or Japanese translated VNs for those who are just starting out? What are your opinions when comparing the 2?
  • What kinds of genres exist in visual novels, and which ones do you think are the easiest to get into and enjoy?
  • Do you recommend watching anime adaptations (if they exist) for VNs?

These are just some of the questions I can think of for the podcast. For the actual cast itself, I would like to feature members from across the spectrum, meaning I would like a visual novel (translated or untranslated) reader who has been on the scene for quite some time, in addition to someone who is new to the world of VNs. Overall, I want 3 volunteers for this cast. Please volunteer if you are interested below. Podcast episodes last about 60 minutes, and all details can be found in the OP.

Thanks again guys, and I look forward to seeing some volunteers! The sooner we get going, the better!