What do you hate about yourself?

silverpikachu99

As most people probobly know, living can be a bitch. Throughout the hardshship of life my personallity have changed so that I lost a lot of empathy. I personally don't mind it that much really. The problem is  I feel a lot self hatered when those around me are sad because of something and I should be as well, but I ain't. I know I should feel sad about it or some emotion in that regard. But I feel nothing other than the pressure to make an artificial expression of sadness. Honestly it makes me feel like a massive asshole.

Luckily I am not completely emotionally dead, lol. This just happens too often imo around other people.

Honestly though, there is no such thing as a perfect human. Everyone has flaws, you could spend your entire life and still find things you'd want to improve. Being more than a shitty human is something to aim for though imo hahah.

As most people probobly know, living can be a bitch. Throughout the hardshship of life my personallity have changed so that I lost a lot of empathy. I personally don't mind it that much really. The problem is  I feel a lot self hatered when those around me are sad because of something and I should be as well, but I ain't. I know I should feel sad about it or some emotion in that regard. But I feel nothing other than the pressure to make an artificial expression of sadness. Honestly it makes me feel like a massive asshole.

Luckily I am not completely emotionally dead, lol. This just happens too often imo around other people.

Honestly though, there is no such thing as a perfect human. Everyone has flaws, you could spend your entire life and still find things you'd want to improve. Being more than a shitty human is something to aim for though imo hahah.

well emotion dead that something i can be classefied as.

and yea the same around people i turn emotionless as in i will only smile(fake) and pretend iam sad and stuff.

i wonder when i started becoming like the person iam now.

This is an easy one for me.  I'm lonely.  The social skills which seem to come naturally for most people are totally absent with me.  People used to say I was "just shy."  But it's quite clear that something more severe is at work here.  I only make friends when people accidentally find out that I'm friendly.  It's certainly not because I know how to approach people.  Needless to say, a successful romantic encounter is out of the question, since it requires a level of extroversion an order of magnitude greater than friendship.

Even on the internet I feel alienated.  At least the social aspect of it.  When the internet is used to exchange useful information, that's when I feel the most comfortable.

No wonder I tend to escape to the world of 2D, then.

But in all the other areas of life, I still try to do the best I can.  Because I know that in the world to come, all my imperfections will disappear forever.

I'm a friendly person, I think. I try to be really nice and genuine and I don't suck at communicating with people. But what I hate is that I am very poor at going out and making connections. Every single friend that I have is in some ways a relic of the past (elementary school when I didnt have such a personality) or a highly outgoing person, who makes the effort to create the bond. I love talking to people and sharing feelings, but due to this weakness in creating connections, I have been unable to find another introvert in person. I love all my friends. They are wonderful people. But I am bothered that I cannot seem to find the finesse to create my own friendships with the people similar to me (I love talking to socially weak introverts, because I understand much of their pain).

Obviously that's not all that I dont like about myself. I wish I had an active passion/hobby that required skill-building, or that I was less lazy and more work-oriented. But I think this one is one that lots here might be able to sympathize with, after reading this thread.

Has anyone felt the same way and found a way to defeat this monster? Is it really down to changing who I am in order to make friends better?

Here's a list

*That I've lost a lot of empathy towards people compared to my past-self

*That I prefer work over communication

*That I'm oversensitive about certain things

*That I waste a lot of time (Even a minute at this point is a waste for me)

*I'm really, really shy to approach a person. But can talk with them normally after I pass that part

*That I'm a really closed person

*The fact that I can't hold a conversation for very long. Having to rely on the other person to keep it going (Although this is void for some reason when it's something important. Must be because I'm actually fully-focused then)

*That I say basically too much

*That I'm far too single-minded (Only can focus on one thing)

Basically I hate the social part of me. I'm steadily working on these though. Just that I can't fix them as easily.

This is an easy one for me.  I'm lonely.  The social skills which seem to come naturally for most people are totally absent with me.  People used to say I was "just shy."  But it's quite clear that something more severe is at work here.  I only make friends when people accidentally find out that I'm friendly.  It's certainly not because I know how to approach people.  Needless to say, a successful romantic encounter is out of the question, since it requires a level of extroversion an order of magnitude greater than friendship.

Even on the internet I feel alienated.  At least the social aspect of it.  When the internet is used to exchange useful information, that's when I feel the most comfortable.

No wonder I tend to escape to the world of 2D, then.

But in all the other areas of life, I still try to do the best I can.  Because I know that in the world to come, all my imperfections will disappear forever.

Huh. Directly pointing out something like that made me realize that I too have lots of issues with socializing, and that I only really form a relationship with people whom there is actually some benefit to forming a relationship with. (At the very least having common interests) I don't know if there is really anything wrong with that though, since I'm not sure why one would go to the trouble of forming a relationship with random people for no reason.

• 11 months later...

I'm a friendly person, I think. I try to be really nice and genuine and I don't suck at communicating with people. But what I hate is that I am very poor at going out and making connections.

Obviously that's not all that I dont like about myself. I wish I had an active passion/hobby that required skill-building, or that I was less lazy and more work-oriented. But I think this one is one that lots here might be able to sympathize with, after reading this thread.

Has anyone felt the same way and found a way to defeat this monster? Is it really down to changing who I am in order to make friends better?

I hate that I am so damn good looking. ;)

There really isn't very much I hate about myself. 

The only thing I can say I really REALLY dislike is that I cannot make friends easily. I am pretty shy when it comes to a situation I am not familiar with. The fact that I even joined here on Fuwa and stayed with it is astonishing for me. Now that I am comfortable here though, I am not very shy at all.

I hate plenty of things about myself:

- Poor eyesight (I need my lenses)

- Poor concentration(ADHD)

- Poor people skills (Asperger)

- Bad at math and sciency stuff in general

- Overweight

- Bad at sports

- Extreme procrastination

- I'm a bad sleeper so I have huge bags under my eyes, I don't think I'm good looking in general as well

- I'm a bad sleeper

- I have no idea what to do with my life

- I am unhappy

Actually, I just pretty much hate myself

I'm replying a year late (by almost exactly a year) but I can relate to this. That's one of the main reasons I like forums so much, since they maintain a sort of purpose (focus on a hobby) that formalizes our interactions a bit. I can't stand something completely informal like irc. I briefly tried Skype chats and irc, and hated it. In fact, I would rather socialize in real life than through exchanging real time text messages. So long as I am exchanging thoughtful comments that I had to think about even just bit about, I am happy.

Specifically the weird thing about me is that I don't hate socializing in real life, and on a superficial level I get along with nearly everyone. My main problem is furthering relationships to a meaningful level. Over the years I've come to realize that the biggest problem is that I genuinely feel like nobody should care about me. I'm afraid people will find me completely boring if they actually try to get to know me, so I avoid trying to get to know others. I focus on "intellectual pursuits" because writing and talking about literature, philosophy, politics, VNs, etc is so much easier for me. Talking about interesting ideas with people is easy, talking about myself is impossible. I'm a severe sufferer of the Hegehog's Dilemma, which is probably the reason why I relate so well to Shinji Ikari from Neon Genesis Evangelion. For instance I want a romantic relationship with somebody, but trying to advance a relationship with a girl beyond friendship is a near impossible step for me. "She could do better" or "She will find you boring" is what I immediately think. Social people I've noticed feel comfortable with themselves. They either know people will like being around them, or they don't give a shit. I'm not carefree enough to not care what people think, and I don't have the confidence to think that people will like me. What's even more funny is that even for the people that I know do like me, I have to question why. "What do they honestly see in me?" is what I ask. I'm sorry for this rather long post, this has been troubling me more than usual the past couple of days.      

• 3 weeks later...

Despite all my parents do for me, I cannot live up to a millionth of what they deserve.

I never do homework and my grades have plummeted.

My mentality has become overly sexual, to the point where I am deadly afraid if I ever get drunk I will attempt to rape someone.

In spite of the incredibly comfortable life I am leading, I make a huge (mental) fuss out of my problems.

It feels more likely each day that I am outright retarded and have not realized it yet.

I expect a lot from myself, yet do nothing.

I fear disappointing my parents and myself, yet I do nothing.

I have lost all patriotic etc. feelings. I have lost all respect and pride I felt towards my country's founder (practically the nation's savior) and the nation. I never had respect for the current government in the first place.

I feel like I have lost faith in Islam. I am afraid that it might be the truth or it might not be. If I HAVE lost faith, I dread the reaction of my family (which is, for the most part, consisting of conservative Muslims). Even hearing Allah mentioned in daily conversation ticks me off. I do not know what to do.

I am losing my love of books.

I should practice with my guitar much more, but I just fail miserably to manage my time (in general).

All my friends and family probably have a better opinion of me as a person than I actually am.

I do not think I am getting the most out of life, bu there is nothing else I feel like doing.

Edit:

Even though my family is very rich, I feel like I do not deserve that because I never work, and I feel very ashamed when I see people who have accomplished more with far less opportunities.

I do not work enough to make use of all opportunities my life, family and friends provide.

I am in one of the best schools in the country with a huge tuition fee and I feel like I am not making worthy use of that either.

My father told me about how they were preparing to pay my tuition fee for university (the number was a huge amount, more than $100K is all I will say) and I felt very ashamed because I fear that I will fail miserably in my uni entrance exams (three years ahead) and not deserve that money and my family's countless sacrifices one bit.