What do you hate about yourself?

silverpikachu99

Mmm... the thing I most hate about myself is that I am a misanthrope.  I despise people - making exceptions on a one-on-one basis - on general principle, and being around people in the flesh makes my skin crawl.  I also have an explosive temper that I spent years getting under control... but it isn't gone.  I just found ways of getting the anger out without going on a rampage, beating the shit out of someone who pissed me off (ie. holding someone up by the neck for a half-hour with one hand while I eat lunch because he tried to steal a Diet Coke from me).

Edit:  The truly unfortunate aspect of my temper is that my brain still works... it very efficiently tells me the best way to take out my rage on the person in front of me.  It tells me to go for the eyes, the throat, the solar plexus, the joints, and the balls.  If the person is down, it tells me a good kick to the trachea will finish things nicely, and it also very politely informs me that breaking the guy's wrists in multiple places will prevent him from trying to get revenge on me personally.  I get a huge adrenaline boost, so it is also very easy for me to do these things physically.  I'm just lucky I didn't kill anyone in middle school or early high school.

Edit2: I got it under control when I realized playing Doom and Final Fantasy VI (at the time Final Fantasy 3), killing monsters burned most of the rage and related stress out of my system, and it got even better when Goldeneye for the N64 came out... killing things and people in video games saved my sanity.

The only thing I hate about myself is my 3D body as I changed all other things that I hated about myself. If I don't like something about myself, I find a way to change it and the only thing I can't change is my form being in 3D. I found 3D beings, especially 3D humans disgusting, so I hate that my body is also a 3D one.

I guess if I had to say something, it'd be my inability to empathize with people whose ideals are drastically different than mine, to the point of coming across as rude and inconsiderate.

Case in point: Apathy. I can't stand being around people who have no passion or drive for anything. I don't really care what it is you love, or what you're into, but I want you to love something. Have a passion for something--care about something, anything. Set goals for yourself, and push yourself to reach them. When I see people flippantly and lazily living their lives, well quite frankly it pisses me off. It's a waste of your own potential.

But I have a lot of trouble communicating this viewpoint to others. I think I often come across as condescending or patronizing to people because of the way I act, which isn't really my intention. I have trouble masking my true opinions, and can be hurtful when I don't intend to be.

Case in point: Apathy. I can't stand being around people who have no passion or drive for anything. I don't really care what it is you love, or what you're into, but I want you to love something. Have a passion for something--care about something, anything. Set goals for yourself, and push yourself to reach them. When I see people flippantly and lazily living their lives, well quite frankly it pisses me off. It's a waste of your own potential.

I don't see why would you hate part of yourself that thinks that way as there is nothing wrong with not being able to stand some type of people. The kind of people that have no passion for anything are one of three types of people that I hate most too. The other two types are idiots who think that they are smart and always right while they don't even know how to make a proper conversation or to explain their point of view but threat their opinion as facts. And the type of people who have absolutely no self control, but are only following their instincts and are no better then animals.

I have social anxiety. I just hate the awkwardness of talking to people I'm not used to or going to places alone. I tend to choose the longest route or way available if it means avoiding the awkwardness or the people. I always have this thought or feeling that people are constantly watching or judging me whenever I'm around, especially in public places..

I don't see why would you hate part of yourself that thinks that way as there is nothing wrong with not being able to stand some type of people. 

I don't really reprimand my viewpoint on those people so much as the way I communicate it. I'll always stand by what I believe, but wish I didn't give off a "higher-than-thou" persona, if that makes sense? I have trouble judging when an argument is, and isn't worth having. I always think I can change people, make them care about things, when sometimes there's really nothing I can do. It boils down to me having trouble keeping my big mouth shut, and it's led to a lot of conflict.

watch out. we got a badass here!

It's not that farfetched. Everyone has the right to have or having had serious issues in the past.

I mean, I was such an angry and sad kid when I was an early teen that I even chased after some people making fun of me with a broken bottle.

It's not about being a badass when I tell you this. It's simply reflecting on the past and admitting it.

But hey, if you want to keep using the same demeanour you allways use, feel free.

I don't really reprimand my viewpoint on those people so much as the way I communicate it. I'll always stand by what I believe, but wish I didn't give off a "higher-than-thou" persona, if that makes sense? I have trouble judging when an argument is, and isn't worth having. I always think I can change people, make them care about things, when sometimes there's really nothing I can do. It boils down to me having trouble keeping my big mouth shut, and it's led to a lot of conflict.

General rule of thumb: All your preaching will do is make people avoid you. People don't like you ramming something down their throat, it doesn't matter how right or wrong you are. It's not your life to live. Make a suggestion, making it funny gives it more impact, then leave it alone. Come back another time, another gentle suggestion.

Brotip: ask questions, listen their answers, lead then by using more questions or simply comenting neutrally what they do.

Through this, when you find the hook you want, exploiti it.

General rule of thumb: All your preaching will do is make people avoid you.

Precisely, and I always seem to forget that in the heat of the moment. Preachy is a pretty good word for it. It's definitely something I need to work on, but I've never been good at judging situations like that. I get so frustrated and caught up with not being able to understand them that I end up just making an ass out of myself.

Brotip: ask questions, listen their answers, lead then by using more questions or simply comenting neutrally what they do.

It certainly would do me a lot of good to learn how to listen more :/

@WinkBlinkel

It's not about only listening. It's also about finding anything useful in their reasoning for what you want todo.

Winning a debate = finding flaws

Knowing someone = understanding if you really have something in common.

A bit simplistic, because you can't really learn how to do this in one day and you can't know someone in one conversation, but it gives you a much better insight than simply blurting out your preconceivized ideas the first noment you can.

Nothing. I am not emo to hate myself lol. if you have something you hate, change it. if you only cry and complain about it, you are only but pathetic. 

watch out. we got a badass here!

Badass, lol.  I just have a temper that I had to spend time learning to control.   That and an utter lack of moral restraint when it came to fighting.  What led me to try to learn to restrain it was pragmatism, after I saw a few people get sent off to 'alternate education' schools for fighting and going too far.  I like air-conditioner and being able to read whatever I feel like reading, and I hate having to sleep in the same room as other human beings, so I picked the best way to avoid that fate, haha.

@WinkBlinkel

It's not about only listening. It's also about finding anything useful in their reasoning for what you want todo.

Winning a debate = finding flaws

Knowing someone = understanding if you really have something in common.

A bit simplistic, because you can't really learn how to do this in one day and you can't know someone in one conversation, but it gives you a much better insight than simply blurting out your preconceivized ideas the first noment you can.

One more tip, Wink. Don't treat it like a debate. Once again you'll win the argument, at what cost? They won't listen and they'll avoid you. Not only that, they'll think you're treating personal facts about their life as just things to use in an argument.

You need to recognise it's not your life to live. And conversations with them aren't for you to use in your debate with them. If they want your advice, they'll ask you.