What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

I'm playing NBA 2k since 2009 and would say the 2k15 career mode ist the best so far. They made a big step from last year (PC)... For me it's by far the best Sport Sim out there (well I really love Basketball so I'm a little bit biased ;) )... The FIFA career mode never made me care that much, so i wouldn't recommend that. But if you're willing to try NBA 2k, start with the current one 2k15, it's totally worth it..

Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely be giving 2k15 a go :)

I actually got so sick of Dota 2 that I deleted it. Now the real question is how long I can go without reinstalling it. Hopefully I can hold out until the next patch comes out and they make it so that winning the early game is no longer a disadvantage to your team unless you end the game within 20 minutes.

Instead I've finally started playing Recettear again. I got it at least a year ago and only played it once until a few days ago. I've already paid back the debt and am CAPITALISM, HOing my way through Endless mode.

I've also picked up Infinifactory, which is a game by the creators of SpaceChem. In fact it's pretty much SpaceChem 3D, so if you love puzzles and automating things this is worth a try. It's currently in Early Access but I haven't seen a single bug so far.

I actually got so sick of Dota 2 that I deleted it. Now the real question is how long I can go without reinstalling it. Hopefully I can hold out until the next patch comes out and they make it so that winning the early game is no longer a disadvantage to your team unless you end the game within 20 minutes.

Instead I've finally started playing Recettear again. I got it at least a year ago and only played it once until a few days ago. I've already paid back the debt and am CAPITALISM, HOing my way through Endless mode.

I've also picked up Infinifactory, which is a game by the creators of SpaceChem. In fact it's pretty much SpaceChem 3D, so if you love puzzles and automating things this is worth a try. It's currently in Early Access but I haven't seen a single bug so far.

How is winning early game a disadvantage....

How is winning early game a disadvantage....

Because let's say you won the early game, your team is now a few levels ahead. Then you have a teamfight with the enemy. You lose 2 people, they lose 4 people. Despite that, the enemies and especially the enemy that didn't die get so many more levels for killing those two people that unless you go finish the game the enemies are now closer in strength to you. Basically the entire problem is you get FAR FAR too much more exp for killing enemies that are higher level than for killing ones that are lower.

Because let's say you won the early game, your team is now a few levels ahead. Then you have a teamfight with the enemy. You lose 2 people, they lose 4 people. Despite that, the enemies and especially the enemy that didn't die get so many more levels for killing those two people that unless you go finish the game the enemies are now closer in strength to you.

A lot like how in League (this may be in the same in DOTA 2, I have no clue) where you get a "shut down" gold bonus for taking down someone on a killing spree. Suddenly they have an influx of gold on their adc and they can start holding their own and just start erasing members of your team.

Edit: Although I find it a very good thing to win the early game in League, let there be no doubt.

A lot like how in League (this may be in the same in DOTA 2, I have no clue) where you get a "shut down" gold bonus for taking down someone on a killing spree. Suddenly they have an influx of gold on their adc and they can start holding their own and just start erasing members of your team.

That's always been there in Dota, in fact you also LOSE gold for dying in addition to earning gold for killing people, but that on its own isn't a problem. However now that the disadvantaged enemy also gets an insane amount of exp for killing even a single higher level hero, in addition to gold and your team losing gold, it's pretty much pointless to try and deny the enemy carry farm in the laning phase. 1 teamfight that doesn't end with your entire team surviving and the enemy is already catching up.

Still playing through P4G, but I also recently started playing Soul Sacrifice Delta. I had originally planned on playing one game at a time so I could put all my focus on one story, but after the recent sale on PSN I got tempted to try out one of the games I bought.

The lore and story of SSD is incredibly dark and interesting. I love that every archfiend has a back story to them, although pretty much all of them are depressing. I'm going to need to watch some of the funniest anime ever after playing this game.

That's always been there in Dota, in fact you also LOSE gold for dying in addition to earning gold for killing people, but that on its own isn't a problem. However now that the disadvantaged enemy also gets an insane amount of exp for killing even a single higher level hero, in addition to gold and your team losing gold, it's pretty much pointless to try and deny the enemy carry farm in the laning phase. 1 teamfight that doesn't end with your entire team surviving and the enemy is already catching up.

It still won't be equal to as much as the one who owned early. Also it's your fault to lose 2 guys considering you already owned early means you have that much of a advantage on items and levels and maybe even controls over towers.

It still won't be equal to as much as the one who owned early. Also it's your fault to lose 2 guys considering you already owned early means you have that much of a advantage on items and levels and maybe even controls over towers.

That's why I said that if you're so far ahead that you're winning 20-2 you'll still probably win, but in most games winning the early game doesn't give you that huge of an advantage. And as soon as you make a single mistake the enemy team makes an almost complete comeback. The most irritating games are the ones where that "mistake" is not having picked slark/void/jugg and letting the enemy pick them, all of which can get kills even if they're quite a bit behind, and then carry their team.

Finished Sleeping dogs, excellent game that i advice to everyone.

Got that one for free off of Games for Gold.  Word of advice: don't buy any of the DLC, it's not really worth it.

Loved that game so much, but the sheer level of violence, especially towards the end, kinda put me off.  I can handle a lot of stuff, but that game made me feel squeamish.  Still amazing, though.

Got that one for free off of Games for Gold.  Word of advice: don't buy any of the DLC, it's not really worth it.

Loved that game so much, but the sheer level of violence, especially towards the end, kinda put me off.  I can handle a lot of stuff, but that game made me feel squeamish.  Still amazing, though.

Currently playing Alpha protocol, I haven been on the lookout for games Like ME and Dragon Age, this one is somewhat similar to it, and it is a really great game so far. Just sucks there is no steam achievements... but then again some older games don't have steam achievements...so it is to be expected