What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Finished chapter 3 of the first part of Senran Kagura; story's taken a more interesting tone.

A shame Hibari didn't spend some more time with the Hebijo girls, their interactions were just getting interesting

Also, for those of you who like One Piece Unlimited World Red is a pretty good game.  Not a masterpiece but definitely a solid 8/10 and lots of fun to play. 

I admit I've fallen behind on One Piece as I'm still on the Fishman Island story, about where Luffy's gone to the castle and met the princess and mud pirate (forget his name) gets out of the barrel. Been meaning to get back to watching it, but the story's so slow and I get the feeling I can call what's going to happen next that I keep forgetting to. I'm hoping it gets better but anyway my question is how far do I need to be in One Piece to enjoy Red without spoiling anything?

Finished chapter 3 of the first part of Senran Kagura; story's taken a more interesting tone.

A shame Hibari didn't spend some more time with the Hebijo girls, their interactions were just getting interesting

I admit I've fallen behind on One Piece as I'm still on the Fishman Island story, about where Luffy's gone to the castle and met the princess and mud pirate (forget his name) gets out of the barrel. Been meaning to get back to watching it, but the story's so slow and I get the feeling I can call what's going to happen next that I keep forgetting to. I'm hoping it gets better but anyway my question is how far do I need to be in One Piece to enjoy Red without spoiling anything?

For the Senran Kagura part you'll get more of that later. 

I don't know for sure since I haven't beaten it yet.  The game is basically an imaginary side story thing where you go back and fight people from the past (Crocodile, White Beard, etc.)   Punk Hazard was the latest thing I've seen but I wouldn't exactly call them spoilers. 

I've been replaying Layton and the Curious Village, as well as Super Robot Wars: Original Generation.

LCV: I cannot believe how much I have not yet forgotten. I probably missed a few hint coins, but every puzzle done perfectly and no used hint coins leaves little to be desired.

SRW/SRT: Ingram's awesome. On a side note, also damn him to Hell.

I love this game's strategy and its spirit mechanics and the mechs and the special attacks and that you can change mechs and you can support and all the story and everything, (haha, run-on sentence) but the absolute most awesome part of the game is the music. Beowulf forever and Time Diver is just way past badass. Cool As Ice is a name that understates the music, and Ryusei's theme shows off the GBA's singing capabilities rather badly unless at x1.5 speed, where it becomes super-ultra awesome (in fact, all the themes sound even better at x1.5). The music is so awesome, there's actually even an option to keep the music until the entire turn ends. OG2 ain't never coming near this shit (even if it does have Code ATA).

I'm thinking about replaying an older Layton game too, as the puzzles in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright were terrible.

I'd probably go with Unwound Future, though. I loved that game.

As for what I'm playing right now, I'm too deep in Sharin no Kuni to really engage myself with too much else, but I did recently finish both Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright and Dishonored. Dishonored is a really cool game. I think I'm totally going to buy all the DLC now.

Just started playing Tales of Xillia 2 and it's gotten an interesting start though the chapters are going by really fast even stopping to grind. Here's hoping it's longer than the first game, which I liked but even I could tell the later parts of the game were rushed (and yes I know it was so the game could release in time for an anniversary date for the series).

On a side note, this may change later, but one of the new characters, Nova, is coming across as strangely similar to Leia. She's Ludger's childhood friend, fights with a pole, and even has a similar sounding VA

Just beat the Water Temple in OoT.  It was't as hard as I thought it was going to be, but man, it was annoying as hell.  I wasted about half an hour just trying to find a hidden key.  Nintendo, why do you enjoy taunting your customers?

I might know which key you're talking about. Took me some time to find it as well. XD

Also got stuck at this one point in Shadow Temple, and

(click if you don't mind a hint)

it took me 1 hour to realize that I had to throw a bomb at a wall where that laser statue monster was.

Gotta love it when dungeon progression is a lot more simple than you'd think it was. There's still a lot of impressive obstacles in this temple, though.

I've been replaying the Hitman series, all of them in order. Most of them are terrible games, but I enjoy them anyway. Also been playing through Stalker: Call Of Pripyat with the Misery mod. It lives up to its name.

They don't quite stand up against time, but they were great when they came out. It's just difficult to go back to a title like Silent Assassin (which had awesome, awesome levels and missions) after playing Blood Money. The older games play a lot more rough.

Absolution.... well, screw Absolution.