What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Couldn't have said it better myself. One of the biggest disappointments I ever felt :(

I knew what to expect going in, and it was decent for one playthrough. It just had no staying power. Who ever thought removing the main staple of the series (the large, open levels) and segmenting them into parts is completely out of touch with why people love the series.

Which Hitman games would you guys recommend?  I've played a tiny bit of Blood Money, but the only Hitman game I actually own is Absolution, which I got from Games with Gold.

There's not a whole lot to really pick from. The gameplay gets progressively better across the series, stopping at Blood Money. They all offer some really cool open world experiences though. Contracts recreates 4 of the best levels of Codename 47 (one of them being my handsdown favorite Hitman level) while still having some really cool levels of its own. Silent Assassin has a lot of cool international locations. Blood Money, well, it's the pinnacle of the series. Every level is quite memorable. At the very end, you even

Sneak into the White House to assassinate the vice president

Hitman is all about having fun and experimenting in an open world environment. If you're only going to play one, play Blood Money. If you do want to explore further than that, I'd recommend starting at least with Silent Assassin and working your way up to maximize your experience.

There's not a whole lot to really pick from. The gameplay gets progressively better across the series, stopping at Blood Money. They all offer some really cool open world experiences though. Contracts recreates 4 of the best levels of Codename 47 (one of them being my handsdown favorite Hitman level) while still having some really cool levels of its own. Silent Assassin has a lot of cool international locations. Blood Money, well, it's the pinnacle of the series. Every level is quite memorable. At the very end, you even

Sneak into the White House to assassinate the vice president

Hitman is all about having fun and experimenting in an open world environment. If you're only going to play one, play Blood Money. If you do want to explore further than that, I'd recommend starting at least with Silent Assassin and working your way up to maximize your experience.

Hmmm...would you recommend I get it for the 360 or PS2 (the two non-PC gaming platforms I have), or buy it on Steam?  I have no idea what quality the various versions are, so any advice would be greatly appreciated ^_^

Hmmm...would you recommend I get it for the 360 or PS2 (the two non-PC gaming platforms I have), or buy it on Steam?  I have no idea what quality the various versions are, so any advice would be greatly appreciated ^_^

If it's Blood Money, I'd recommend Steam. The other titles would come down to personal preference. You can get them all pretty cheap on Steam.

If it's Blood Money, I'd recommend Steam. The other titles would come down to personal preference. You can get them all pretty cheap on Steam.

Okay, thanks!  Are the controls kinda funky on the Steam version?  I don't mind if I have to remap a few keys, but if they're really bad, like the ones in Fable: TLC I get a little irritated.

Uuh... 47/Silent Assassin/ and Contracts kind of have a clunky control scheme to begin with, even on console. You'll probably manage alright either way, but I can't tell if you'll personally find them cumbersome in the same way as you did Fable. Never played that on the PC.

Just started playing Tales of Xillia 2 and it's gotten an interesting start though the chapters are going by really fast even stopping to grind. Here's hoping it's longer than the first game, which I liked but even I could tell the later parts of the game were rushed (and yes I know it was so the game could release in time for an anniversary date for the series).

On a side note, this may change later, but one of the new characters, Nova, is coming across as strangely similar to Leia. She's Ludger's childhood friend, fights with a pole, and even has a similar sounding VA

One of my friends wrote a review on Xillia 2 saying it was mediocre in comparison to the first. I haven't gotten around to finishing the prequel yet, so I can't really verify the details. He's usually spot on with his critiques though. http://24framesps.wordpress.com/2014/09/02/tales-of-xillia-2-review/

Also, started Elsword today. For a f2p, it's not too bad. It's been years since I've played a side-scroller, and this'll be the first I've played for the PC. I need to play more of these. Colorful designs. :)

Huh.  Okay then, thanks.  I wasn't exactly sure what the benefits of beating it again were.

By the way...what vein of Personas would you recommend that I give my protag?  I'm not really quite sure what to have him mainly be.  I'm currently grinding to level a Sandman for no good reason.

Been playing Tales of Xillia 2 for a while now. This game in really fun. Easily prefer it to Xillia 1, and it would come pretty close to my fav Tales game ever.

It's amazing a broken piece of shit like Fifa 14 can have a metascore of 86, while Xillia 2 is rated 72. The user scores illustrate the situation better, 8.7 for Xillia 2 and 4.1 for Fifa 14.

I've been playing Survarium for the past few days; one of the reasons I became preety much non-existent on the net as well. Since I've always been a huge fan of Stalker series, this game is basically a dream come true, especially considering the content they're planning to add soon. So far, Survarium is highly playable even despite being an early beta and graphics look incredible, especially if you own a powerful PC and can set preety much everything to maximum.

Huh.  Okay then, thanks.  I wasn't exactly sure what the benefits of beating it again were.

By the way...what vein of Personas would you recommend that I give my protag?  I'm not really quite sure what to have him mainly be.  I'm currently grinding to level a Sandman for no good reason.

I've been getting back into Diablo 3 on my Disintegration wizard. I've gotten some really useful drops in these past few days such as my RoRG and a bottomless potion, and am now grinding greater rifts for gem levels and legendaries.

I need to install Diablo 2 on my gaming PC (originally had it on my Mac, then stupidly upgraded to Mavericks without saving a copy of my system; Mavericks prevents certain types of applications from working, and they didn't disclose that fact...fuckin' Apple), but I was pretty confused about how to build a character.  I was kinda half-assing a Fishymancer before Mavericks killed it.  Anyone got any advice for a first playthrough, like what class I should use, general tactics, etc. ?

Finished the first half of Senran Kagura, that story mode had an okay ending even if the final boss came from out of nowhere

So the Hebijo girls are basically members of the Orochi clan? Then again I can kind of see Hikage as Ryuji Yamazaki's long lost sister

Gonna take a break and play at least some of Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies before playing the Hebijo side so I don't burn myself out on the game