What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

Has anyone played Destiny or Arche Age yet? 

I also played the beta, and it feels a little like Halo mixed with Borderlands, except that it's serious.  Gotta say, though, Bungie REALLY needs to lower the difficulty on the co-op missions.  Beating one of them took me and one other guy (the other two dropped out when we all died 3 times in a row) around 2-2.5 hours, no joke.  Didn't really help that after we died we didn't get our ammo back when we respawned at the checkpoint.  I didn't really like the PvP, either; it felt a little wonky, in my opinion.  The interaction between players on worlds is great, though.  Teaming up with a random stranger was surprisingly fun, and I felt a little sad when the ones I'd teamed up with for a while despawned from my section of the world.  Really good system.

I'd wait just a bit for a review, honestly.  The content they revealed in the beta was great, but I haven't heard about oodles and oodles of other worlds, so there might be less content than you're led to believe.

I'm at level 26 on Elsword now. Actually liking this game more than I thought I would. And while it does put a little more emphasis on paying for stuff than I'd prefer, it's still not as obnoxious as other f2p games. It's ridiculously easy to play in some regards, yet some things are still fairly challenging. I still can't get a firm handle on building combos for the life of me, and it pretty much gets my ass kicked in pvp, but the combat is fun. The dungeons are more performance-oriented than they're challenging, which is a very welcoming change to me. Interface is kinda sloppy, but it's not particularly difficult to get use to. I'm not that interested in the story either, so I'll be skipping most of the dialogue.

Just recently purchased Azure Striker Gunvolt and I've been playing that. Being a big fan of the metroidvania Castlevania games I hadn't played a 2D sprite game in a while, so I decided to purchase it. The game is fun to play but hard to master and one boss in particular is giving me a lot of trouble. Its been a while since I raged so much at a game.

Other than that, I also just started Final Fantasy 8 a couple of days ago. Seeing as the 15th anniversary passed by a few days ago I decided to try and finally beat one of the games I played during my childhood. Already gotten past a part that I remember being a pain in the ass when I was a kid. Surprisingly, it wasn't as difficult as I remember it being.

Well, I'm re-installing Diablo II.  I didn't know it couldn't run on Windows 7 without putting compatibility settings on, so I rage-uninstalled.  Also spent a good 20 minutes trying to get back into my battle.net account.  Nothing is as annoying as finding out that you used a forgotten email address to register.

Also downloading Hearthstone.  Anyone got any opinions on it?

Well, I'm re-installing Diablo II.  I didn't know it couldn't run on Windows 7 without putting compatibility settings on, so I rage-uninstalled.  Also spent a good 20 minutes trying to get back into my battle.net account.  Nothing is as annoying as finding out that you used a forgotten email address to register.

I only played a few of the first missions against the AI, and I can see its appeal but it's not my thing.

I think it's probably an amazing game with a lot of possibilities. You can try to pull off awesome or funny stunts, or you can try to play competitively. Personally I suck really hard.

I've probably got about 5 hours on it thus far, and while I do like it, I sincerely lack the brains (and luck) to win much at it.

Practice makes perfect, though, or so I've been told.

I think it's probably an amazing game with a lot of possibilities. You can try to pull off awesome or funny stunts, or you can try to play competitively. Personally I suck really hard.

I've probably got about 5 hours on it thus far, and while I do like it, I sincerely lack the brains (and luck) to win much at it.

Practice makes perfect, though, or so I've been told.

Never played a TCG besides MTG before, and I've never played a digital TCG.  Is it similar in any way, or am I gonna have to learn how to play from scratch?

Never played a TCG besides MTG before, and I've never played a digital TCG.  Is it similar in any way, or am I gonna have to learn how to play from scratch?

It's a fairly simple game that's easy to get into. I suspect you'll pick it up quick. As opposed to having to draw into the resources (land) you need like in MTG, in Hearthstone you get 1 mana crystal every turn. Add nohman#1217 if you ever want to play. I took a couple month break, but I'm just now getting back into it.

It's a fairly simple game that's easy to get into. I suspect you'll pick it up quick. As opposed to having to draw into the resources (land) you need like in MTG, in Hearthstone you get 1 mana crystal every turn. Add nohman#1217 if you ever want to play. I took a couple month break, but I'm just now getting back into it.

I think I'm nearly done with the second chapter of Dual Destinies and while I'm liking it so far there were points where it seemed too ridiculous even for the Phoenix Wright series, namely...

whose bright idea was it to let a convicted killer into the courtroom armed?! I don't care if he is some ultra special prosecutor, that's still mind numbingly ridiculous. And if there's some twist in a later chapter that reveals he didn't do it, that still doesn't fly as who would know that?If it's because the system's become corrupted then that's a pretty flimsy at best reason.

I think I'm nearly done with the second chapter of Dual Destinies and while I'm liking it so far there were points where it seemed too ridiculous even for the Phoenix Wright series, namely...

whose bright idea was it to let a convicted killer into the courtroom armed?! I don't care if he is some ultra special prosecutor, that's still mind numbingly ridiculous. And if there's some twist in a later chapter that reveals he didn't do it, that still doesn't fly as who would know that?If it's because the system's become corrupted then that's a pretty flimsy at best reason.

They do never explain what that is...

I'd usually assume it's just a hand movement that's so strong it could cut, but that hardly makes sense given the distance.

That's what I thought as well.  He is a swordsman (samurai) so I think at some point they implied he was just skilled enough to slice though basic things with his hands. 

Maybe...

fgko0210.jpg