What Video Games Are You Playing Right Now?

solidbatman

26 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Man, am I terrible at Battlefield 4  :sachi:  My K/D ratio is pathetic.  At least I manage to get some kills, I guess.  Still haven't tried any non-infantry modes yet.  I have to say, it's a lot different from CoD, and not all in ways that are welcoming to people that are used to running around by yourself and racking up kills.  Took me quite a while to realize that that was why I was dying so often.

Waiting until I can get my copy of Overwatch  :wafuu:  I missed the beta and was kinda salty about that.

Shame on you. The Overwatch Beta was awesome. I think I'm feeling confident enough to go straight into ranked matches once the game hits us :holo:

23 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

But I didn't get interested in the game until the day the beta was ending  :komari:

Lelel. I still think it's a filthy scam with that price, but the game is indeed really cool. Do add me if you need someone to carry you once the game is out, though :holo:

22 minutes ago, Ariurotl said:

Stellaris. Fucking Stellaris. Goddammit Paradox, why do you always ruin my productivity, hell, my very life, with your stupidly addictive games? :komari:

The end game is really weak, though. Which is a real pity, with the game being quite good.

36 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

The end game is really weak, though. Which is a real pity, with the game being quite good.

I haven't even got very far (spent way too much time re-rolling to try various races and government types before settling on a republic of god-fearing pacifist donkeypeople). I bet at least some of 200 DLC they're likely to churn out will try and address that.

Finished Senran Kagura Burst. Kind of at a loss for what to do now. Will probably shelve video games for a while (aside from weekend Destiny with my old roommate, which is a foregone conclusion) and play VNs with the reclaimed time instead. But either Tales of Zestiria or Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus might call to me...

Playing Tales of Zestiria now. Why didn't I discover this game sooner. RPG hack and slash strategy with large linear levels that uses text, anime, 3D animation and VN style for its storytelling? I say I've never been this immersed in a JRPG before......

2 hours ago, Jibril said:

Playing Tales of Zestiria now. Why didn't I discover this game sooner. RPG hack and slash strategy with large linear levels that uses text, anime, 3D animation and VN style for its storytelling? I say I've never been this immersed in a JRPG before......

Wait, really? You've never played any Tales before? Cuz then you are in for a treat, since Zestiria is one of the worst Tales there are, so if you are enjoying this one... xD

@Jibril as Jun said, all of the things you mentioned are basically standard elements of Tales games for the past long while. I personally recommend Tales of Graces F especially (though the animation looks a little more cel-shaded, which may or may not be to your liking). Is it really "one of the worst"? I was rather enjoying my time with it, TBH, I just didn't get hooked enough before having to take a break, and then got distracted by other things. I'm still planning to go back, and looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

@Jibril as Jun said, all of the things you mentioned are basically standard elements of Tales games for the past long while. I personally recommend Tales of Graces F especially (though the animation looks a little more cel-shaded, which may or may not be to your liking). Is it really "one of the worst"? I was rather enjoying my time with it, TBH, I just didn't get hooked enough before having to take a break, and then got distracted by other things. I'm still planning to go back, and looking forward to it.

Well, you need to take it in perspective. One of the worst in a generally great franchise can still be a pretty good game.

The problem with Zestiria is that the whole second half of the game gets super weird. Alisha is dumped randomly after having been kinda bullied and tormented by the rest of the party for quite long, and the MC kinda becomes even more bland, taking a backseat and letting Rose be more important. Not that Rose is a bad character, but it doesn't make much sense...

Overall, it's a good game that has its value dropped due to messy pacing, a rather annoying dynamic between the pt (the Alisha problem-why do the heroes enjoy so much tormenting someone who's just trying to help her people...? And if you liked her, tough luck, she's not coming back to the party) and an ultimately bland MC.

It's more good than bad, but still a weird slip for the franchise.

Btw, I personally recommend Tales of Xillia.

On 5/19/2016 at 3:02 AM, Jun Inoue said:

Btw, I personally recommend Tales of Xillia.

I 2nd this recommendation. It's the 1st and still the only Tales game I've played, but I really enjoyed it. The story and character were both great, and the gameplay's not too bad either. Ufotable animated the OP too (it looks amazing).

Sadly I haven't been able to finish it. Since my brother is letting me use his computer till I can replace mine, I pretty much had to give him my PS3. One day...

10 minutes ago, Kenshin_sama said:

I 2nd this recommendation. It's the 1st and still the only Tales game I've played, but I really enjoyed it. The story and character were both great, and the gameplay's not too bad either. Ufotable animated the OP too (it looks amazing).

Reveal hidden contents

Sadly I haven't been able to finish it. Since my brother is letting me use his computer till I can replace mine, I pretty much had to give him my PS3. One day...

I sold my PS3 to get the PS4, and they immediatelly announced Tales of Xillia 2... and then the continuation of The Guided Fate Paradox... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Living my life knowing I might never play them.

Welp, from the looks of it I've been missing quite a series for a long time. I guess I'll get Tales of Berseria when it came out before getting to the older Tales games. 

7 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

I sold my PS3 to get the PS4, and they immediatelly announced Tales of Xillia 2... and then the continuation of The Guided Fate Paradox... WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Wait for a PS3 emulator~

7 minutes ago, Jun Inoue said:

RIP

It usually takes me forever to buy next gen consoles, so I never had this problem.

9 hours ago, Jun Inoue said:

Don't worry, Guided Fate Awakening is shit trust me :Teeku:

Tales of Xillia 2 meanwhile..... :sachi: 

Finished Ghost Trick, I enjoyed it quite a bit. GOTY for me is still Persona 3 Portable, though. (So far challenged only by Soul Sacrifice Delta)

Now focusing on Soul Sacrifice Delta, because it's G R E A T. I love the mood, the lore, the characters, everything. I'm kinda overwhelmed by how much there is to do, but I'll only be doing Avalon stuff (save for trying to do all character side stories (such as Carnatux's) because those are great). 

Also bought Little Big Planet Vita and Killzone Mercenary from the flash sale, a move I kind of regret, because I'm trying to limit my gaming to story-heavy games and one of these is a community-based platformer and the other a multiplayer-heavy FPS. I won't be getting any more games or books until August probably at this point (save for Zero Escape 3 obviously). 

After SSD, I'll probably get started on Final Fantasy 7. So many games, so little time!

Finished Bravely Second, was quite good! Greatly enjoyed it.

About the Tales of franchise, played all of them aside from Phantasia, Eternia, Innocence and Tempest, and I enjoyed all of them! I think I'll do Phantasia and Eternia soon, but I'll wait to have a Vita to play to Innocence R. Don't think I'll ever try to play Tempest again, though...

6 hours ago, Shikomizue said:

Just finished Persona 4 Golden. Now I just have to play and fully complete Persona 3 before P5 comes out...

Congrats. Don't play Portable before FES, the 3D environments and models (which aren't present in Portable) are critical to your first time through