Nanairo Reincarnation

Shops:

Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/751450/Nanairo_Reincarnation/

Denpasoft:

https://denpasoft.com/collections/games/products/nanairo-reincarnation

Denpasoft: 18+ DLC (Free)

https://denpasoft.com/collections/dlc/products/nanairo-reincarnation-18-dlc

The Steam page for Nanairo Reincarnation is now live with an estimated release in Q1 2019.

The Denpasoft version should release at the same time:

Sekai Project tweeted that the VN has been approved by Steam. (Even though I guess that could change at any moment given that it is Steam.)

One interesting info is that the Steam version will be based on the PSVita version of Nanairo Reincarnation and VNDB has this to say about the Vita version:

Added with some new CG and scenario.

New episode for these 3 character's route:
Hijikata Yumi, Fushimi Azusa, Iyo

Has anybody played both versions and can make a comparison how much new content is added and if its worth losing the H-scenes in exchange? And how important are the H-scenes in Nanairo Reincarnation in general? Because if the extra content is worth it I could see myself buying the Steam version. In any case I hyped for this release and hope it will get a good release. I have noted that Sekai Project at one point pushed the title back into QA. Let's hope that is a good sign!

Edited by Formlose Gestalt

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

Its a slice of life. Therefore H is of max importance. Otherwise its a lot of buildup without an outlet. Of course most h-scene writers are bad enough that you don't get that outlet anyway.

Well, they just keep copying all hscenes anyway (both cg and writing) and they're utterly ridiculous. I like that they're there, but they are hard to take seriously

38 minutes ago, adamstan said:

From the screenshots on VNDB, I don't like art style. Those characters look weird.

How different the tastes can be. I really like the character designs of Nanairo Reincarnation, but I can understand where you come from. Some art styles are a turnoff for me as well. (I personally find Yuzusofts designs to be really boring.) But for story-focused titles I tend to overlook the character designs and with Nanairo Reincarnation I expect a bit more than just Slice of Life.

I am basing those hopes on @Clephas impressions here:

1 hour ago, adamstan said:

From the screenshots on VNDB, I don't like art style. Those characters look weird.

I agree, Kikyou looks strange on all screenshots, like her expression stuck on smug face because of thinking how she cheated on you. Though I don't know real reason why she is like that. Yumi, Azusa and Kotori looks okay in my taste, though.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

3 hours ago, Akshay said:

Its a slice of life. Therefore H is of max importance. Otherwise its a lot of buildup without an outlet. Of course most h-scene writers are bad enough that you don't get that outlet anyway.

What.  No.  No, it is not a slice of life.  Not even close.  Where did you get that idea?  It's a story-driven game.

You're right about the H scenes, though.

14 hours ago, Toranth said:

What.  No.  No, it is not a slice of life.  Not even close.  Where did you get that idea?  It's a story-driven game.

Slice of life and being story driven are not mutually exclusive.  To an extent you can call grisaia slice of life as well. 

Edited by Akshay

18 minutes ago, Toranth said:

as far as i remember them h-scenes being tied to its plot was a chore to read, sheer amount of oni-reproducing whatnot almost killed any and all interest of me continue reading. when things finally got interesting i simply felt mentally exhausted

1 hour ago, Akshay said:

Slice of life and being story driven are not mutually exclusive.  To an extent you can call grisaille slice of life as well. 

Zeria commented on this on twitter, and I agree, we as a community really need to find a less broad descriptor than "Slice-Of-Life" to describe shit. Because using it ends up bunching together school-girl comedies and emotional dramas under the same umbrella. 

Considering that it's still in Japan, we won't know whether it's true that the sex scenes will be the same like usual slice of life VNs or not. So I would like to say that it's still too early to say that Nanairo non sex scenes here is just a buildup without the outlet, and that we should wait until the release to see whether it's true or not. Oh for more info the MC here is a college student, so there'll be no usual cliche high school life there.

As for the release, I guess Sekai was still uncertain seeing that they just list it as Q1 instead of the exact date. In which case, perhaps we should expect them to release this by March's end although we wouldn't know for sure though. As for Steam, let's just hope that the staff who handle this didn't have any traumatic incident back at their high school so much that they banned the game with high school, in which while granted the MC is a young adult the same can't be said to the main heroine (Kotori) who is the high school student. Lastly, I just hope that the release for Nanairo here will be successful.

There are SOL scenes... plenty of them.  However (thankfully) the characters are mostly adults and there is no school element.  The difference between a plotge and an SOL game/charage/moege is that the plotge is focused on the plot and the SOL exists to serve that plot, rather the SOL romance being the point of the game.  For those looking for a happy-go-lucky story from beginning to end, this isn't something I can really recommend to you, since there are elements of guro and a relatively large number of sad scenes and bittersweet endings. 

• 8 months later...

We had to wait quite a while but it seems like the wait is finally over!

Nanairo Reincarnation is releasing on September 27th! (Just 3 more days!)

Here is the Link to the Steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/751450/Nanairo_Reincarnation/

I am looking forward to the title, but it is pretty unfortunate that it now releases after all those delays in a pretty crowded time frame. (Aokana releases the same day, Onii-Kiss releases today I think,  Farther Than the Blue Sky and Sengoku Rance just released.)

As soon as I know more about the Denpasoft release or a possible patch for the Steam version I will update the thread.

EDIT:

According to Discord Nanairo Reincarnation will also be on Denpasoft along a free 18+ DLC. The price will be 29,99$ and a 10% launch discount.

Edited by Formlose Gestalt