Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Guest Abyssal

A small rule with adapting VN's is that if it doesn't have a true route. then it will usually be crap. If  the majikoi anime started with the prologue and continued with the Agave route it might have been a pretty good anime. It might have pissed off those who haven't read Agave, but at least they could get away with the fact that they didn't go into the other routes, and choose a heroine.

A small rule with adapting VN's is that if it doesn't have a true route. then it will usually be crap. If  the majikoi anime started with the prologue and continued with the Agave route it might have been a pretty good anime. It might have pissed off those who haven't read Agave, but at least they could get away with the fact that they didn't go into the other routes, and choose a heroine.

Well, yeah, but that would have been... you know, the smart thing to do. Not the "flaunt the sex appeal" thing to do. I mean, I like boobs and asses as much as the next guy, but don't be so off the wall about it! At least, not unless the VN/Manga you're basing it off of was like that. There's a difference between good fan-service, and insulting your intelligence, and Majikoi's adaptation most certianly insulted my intelligence - mine and every other person who watched it. It would have been more productive to boil battery acid and huff the fumes for the next three hours.

Well, yeah, but that would have been... you know, the smart thing to do. Not the "flaunt the sex appeal" thing to do. I mean, I like boobs and asses as much as the next guy, but don't be so off the wall about it! At least, not unless the VN/Manga you're basing it off of was like that. There's a difference between good fan-service, and insulting your intelligence, and Majikoi's adaptation most certianly insulted my intelligence - mine and every other person who watched it. It would have been more productive to boil battery acid and huff the fumes for the next three hours.

Yeah the anime is bad but at very least it can bring people to the awesome VN, so at least there is a bright side; otherwise their isn't one,

Was it really that bad? I liked it. I loved the Miyako in the anime. She is a whole different character but

それはそれでいいかもしらないす。 I love them both as separate products

I guess maybe I was just happy to see the story animated.

The only VN adaption I really enjoyed was Clannad (and maybe Kimi ga Nozomu eien). It's almost always a failure to me, but some people actually enjoy them, so let it be. Don't watch it and everybody is happy. Yet, when you make an anime out of a VN, when there is no true route, you've got to choose the best route. The Majikoi anime was.....bad.

I love hermit crabs? wtf Yamato?

But sometimes it was fun too. It had some good humor. Not that I'd waste my time watching it again.

Was it really that bad? I liked it. I loved the Miyako in the anime. She is a whole different character but

I think they didn't give the characters the justice that they deserved, it felt rushed mostly but then again what can expect? It only had 12 episodes & that's really rushing it. But Miyako was funny.

Also what really makes the anime bad is the fact that they skipped pretty much all of the Kazama family, to be honest I think I only remember seeing Gakuto once or twice in the anime.

Well, in comparison to the VN, yeah, it's pretty bad. But, if you're judging it on it's own merits, and make no comparisons to the VN, or have even read the VN to know what the differences are... then it's something to laugh at, at least. Either because you enjoy pointless slap-stick and satirized sex-jokes, or because it's admittedly easy to crack up at the illogic that laces many parts of the plot and narrative - or face-palm at and have a deep, introspective debate with yourself or your friends at "What the flying F*@# were they thinking?" And if you're a sucker for pointles, gratuitous fan-service, you ought to be set for life - I'll give it that much.

So, at the very least, it's something you and your fellow otaku's/anime fans can watch once for kicks (because once is probably all you'll be able to take before the illogic begins destroying brain functions) and get a good laugh out of the absurdly off-the-wall writing and narrative - as long as you don't compare the superior VN to it. Then, you'll just be either pissed off, or disappointed.

What about Shuffle?  The anime adaptation to it was pretty decent, as far as they go, and having Rin pick

Asa and follow through with her route worked fine.

What about Shuffle?  The anime adaptation to it was pretty decent, as far as they go, and having Rin pick

i mentioned above that shuffle is a exception as its the only one where they mashed teh routes and then made it a hybrid by picking her route for the ending. it was done well sadly its pretty lonely on stage there alone as a example of well made mixed route variety.

IDK if anyone's heard, but keeping up with the off-topic topic of adaptations, in addition to Fate/ Stay Night, the VN "Grisaia no Kajitsu" is getting an anime adaptation as well (Yes, I know that's probably old news, but I'm not always on the ball with some things), although that one was announced in 2013. Might come out in the next year or two, maybe, since they said the plans for the anime were drawn up in 2010, one month before "Grisaia no Kajitsu" was released in stores.

Who wants to take bets as to which girl they pick as Yuuji's love interest (My money's on either Yumiko, as she's the "common" route, or Amane, as she's arguibly the "main heroine"), and who want's to take bets on wheather it'll suck or not?

IDK if anyone's heard, but keeping up with the off-topic topic of adaptations, in addition to Fate/ Stay Night, the VN "Grisaia no Kajitsu" is getting an anime adaptation as well (Yes, I know that's probably old news, but I'm not always on the ball with some things), although that one was announced in 2013. Might come out in the next year or two, maybe, since they said the plans for the anime were drawn up in 2010, one month before "Grisaia no Kajitsu" was released in stores.

Who wants to take bets as to which girl they pick as Yuuji's love interest (My money's on either Yumiko, as she's the "common" route, or Amane, as she's arguibly the "main heroine"), and who want's to take bets on wheather it'll suck or not?

It was never announced that there would be one, just that it was a possibility.

Guest Draconos

I'd say it'll suck. I'm a pessimist and I haven't seen many animes adapted from VNs that wouldn't suck. I'll be happily surprised if it wont suck but I don't believe it.

Guest Abyssal

They probably wont pick any of the routes. i guess they will make a blend of every route where he helps them but don't get in a relationship. That way they can make a sequel and continue on the two other games, if the anime is popular enough. (probably)

There is no point to this thread's title anymore.

I thought they did a good job on Steins;Gate anime, even though most of the science is left out. Perhaps it's because of its prominently linear route system. Clannad was also a good standalone anime, with its additional scenes that weren't in the VN (I love the way they handled Yunike's route). Those were the only ones I can think of, even Little Busters was a bit lacking to me.

So far the VNs are always better, and I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon.

lol thats ok its been pretty tightly held to the vest , they really dont wanna release any info it seems.

I don't know if that means there working diligantly on making it good... or are so underconfident about it that they can't release anything.

I pray to God it's the first one - I know that probably won't be the case, but still.

Also, from what I could tell of the promotional stuff for the orginal three games, they seem to push Yumiko more then the others - since her face is the one they display over the links to the other two games from the "Grisaia no Rakuen" website. But then again, looking at what I've seen of Rakuen, that would be easier to adapt then "Kajitsu," since...

Most of the scenes in Rakuen and Meikyuu are more linier then Kaijitsu, with only like 5% - 10% of the scenes (out of both games combined) changing based on who you choose to get laied with.

But they made Kaede into a yandere and twisted her character. She wasn't like that in the visual novel.

They also turned Kikyo into a villain for some reason

There's never going to be a "flawless" adaptation of a VN. "Shuffle!" was a good stand-alone as an anime, but I don't think it truly did the series justice. It gave it a pretty good shot, I'll say that much, but it fell short on a few notes, like Kaede suddenly becoming a yandere, Kikyo being a villain, and, in my opinion the biggest fault - the rather rushed conclusion.

Still better then how Tsukihime and the original Kanon would've turned out.... had adaptations for those even existed. I mean, if they had, they probably would be abominations. And then there's Clannad - an anime that stands as a testiment that there *are* good VN adaptations out there. Sure, they have to take liberties in narrative because, again, single route. But Clannad did it right in my opinion. No constant back and forth - they knew what story they wanted to tell, and they stuck with it.

I think another major problem with adaptations is that the producers/writers try too hard to appiese *everyone* that more often then not, they end up with a jumbled mess that satisifes nobody. Clannad's strength was that it picked a single route - Nagisa - and generally stuck to it. They seemed to know where it was they wanted to go with it - a focused direction. Most VN's don't have that - they spend too much time teasing.