Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

Yeah. not hating on Kosuna but I do wish he was a little more connected to the fan base here. He only posted once and did mention he would never come back. Maybe just a quick hi guys I'm still alive every once in a while would be nice . But hey, the guy is free to do as he pleased as he never really built up our hopes or anything. He was very casual right from the start.

I agree with this. It's not so much that he switched to TLing the agave route, it's that for 100+ pages we've sat waiting for Miyako, then suddenly we're told Miyako has been pushed back to god knows when. A little more communication would be nice, since I don't think any of us ever really recovered from the endless waiting for any information at all from yandere.

I agree with this. It's not so much that he switched to TLing the agave route, it's that for 100+ pages we've sat waiting for Miyako, then suddenly we're told Miyako has been pushed back to god knows when. A little more communication would be nice, since I don't think any of us ever really recovered from the endless waiting for any information at all from yandere.

Here, here - you took the words right out of my mouth. No one's actually hating on Kosuna (at least that I've seen). The frustration's coming from the lack of communication that was involved.

Maybe another option would be to talk with the contact of Azengar and translate both routes simultaneously?. And if Kosuna still want to translate later he can lend a hand with Majikoi S.  I know that eventually he would finish both. But look to me, for what you say, that what he really want to translate is the final route.

That is already the case. As I said, a friend of Kosuna is helping with the Miyako translation, so he is gonna focus on Agave. AKA, both are being done at the same time.

The only reason he is translating Agave right now is because we want to be on the safe side with Yandere.

Then why the hell was the thread named "Majikoi Miyako Route Translation" if it was "never about translating Miyako"? Not to be rude, but talk about your false advertizing - it's like the boy who cried wolf. After TakaJun vanished, you do not joke about this stuff unless you want to be castrated by a rusty cheese grater - trust me on that one. I know from experience :unsure:

And as for the harm it would cause, again, is it any worse then what's going down now? If he "doesn't really care for this thread" then why the hell was it started? I know this is going to sound judgemental, but I think he's playing with fire by announcing a priority shift like this so abrubtly. As far as everyone knew, Miyako was the primary focus and Agrave was secondary, not the other way around. If that was wrong, it should have been corrected early on - I think there would have been less complaints.

Now, had he, or someone that was in contact with him (as much as is possible, given his periodic schedule) let us know what the actual order of priority was, there would be less issue. Because right now, I think the real reason people are pissed is not because of an extra amount of time to wait (we've waited 15 months already, after all), but rather that Kosuna apperently didn't clarify on which route was coming first. Had he been a bit more spicific on what was coming out first and said "Agrave first" from the start, people wouldn't be so ticked off. As long as they knew it was coming.

I think you're under the impression that Kosuna started this thread. He didn't. Allpukmaster started this thread. Kosuna just showed up and offered his help and email and left. He even said that he would not come back.

Also, the priority change only just happened after staff agreement. Miyako was originally gonna get done first, with Agave on the side. Those two just switched places to be on the safe side of things.

I think there's a few things we should remember before getting to mad. First Kosuna wasn't even the one who started this thread, he just came in and said "I guess I will tl it or or something" and then started work. Kosuna did this kinda on a whim so him changing priorities on a whim shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Second Kosuna had some sort of medical problem earlier which probably changed some of his priorities as far as TLing and other stuff goes. Really it's kinda annoying, but not unexpected to see something like this. It's been like 6 months and 107 pages with Kosuna posting once on page 1 and very rare updates on progress that never really seemed to be clear. Hell I think there have been more joke answers to questions of progress than real ones.

I'm kinda rambling now, but tl;dr this isn't a proffessional TL group. This isn't even a fangroup that has been around awhile. It's just some people who came together to TL a game and the head TL has never been interested in what other people have had to say about it. Just chill and hope something comes out of this group, but don't be shocked if 6 months later nothing has happened :P.

Thank you. ^_^

Yeah. not hating on Kosuna but I do wish he was a little more connected to the fan base here. He only posted once and did mention he would never come back. Maybe just a quick hi guys I'm still alive every once in a while would be nice . But hey, the guy is free to do as he pleased as he never really built up our hopes or anything. He was very casual right from the start.

Why should he? He doesn't care and has never pretended to. He said that he wouldn't come back and thus made it very clear that he didn't care for any kind of connection to this thread, and that he just wanted to translate. The only reason that this thread didn't turn to dust shortly afterwards was because I decided that the TL-related information could be posted here. The idea that he should come here and announce his well-being is misplaced. That's me and Azengar's job.

Guest D1sky

What do you mean by "on the safe side with Yandere"?

Are you worried they might make an issue out of someone else continueing their work?

I mean there's absolutely no possibility of that - their side's the one that decided to disappear without a single word of goodbye.

That, and they've given permission to edit their work on their website.  :ph34r:

Besides TakuJun's not the only one that's disappeared - I haven't heard anything from any of their members for over a year.

------

And this is the first and the last time I comment on this subject and I really do hope this also ends the talks on this matter.. :

Regarding TakaJuns disappearance...

The official reason seems to be that he's working 12-13 hours a day..?

Lets be honest, it doesn't matter if you work six hours a day or 12 hours a day - you'll have as much energy left when you get off from work so using long work days as an excuse to not finish something is just... laziness. And I'm speaking from experience.

Actually, the first week or two might be tough but after you've gotten used to it it's nothing special.

If TakaJun's anything like me, and from what I've heard of him he is, it's almost certain that he just got bored of translating majikoi.

I mean if you're translating over 30 000 lines of text alone for free for people who won't even remember your name after you're done... Unless it's your passion, or even if it is, it's pretty darn unlikely you'll finish it.

And that's enough on that subject. 

P.S. I do hope this post didn't come out as having an offensive tone - my intention was to make it as neutral as possible but I have a feeling I failed in that goal.  :unsure:

What do you mean by "on the safe side with Yandere"?

Are you worried they might make an issue out of someone else continueing their work?

I mean there's absolutely no possibility of that - their side's the one that decided to disappear without a single word of goodbye.

That, and they've given permission to edit their work on their website.  :ph34r:

Besides TakuJun's not the only one that's disappeared - I haven't heard anything from any of their members for over a year.

------

And this is the first and the last time I comment on this subject and I really do hope this also ends the talks on this matter.. :

Regarding TakaJuns disappearance...

The official reason seems to be that he's working 12-13 hours a day..?

Lets be honest, it doesn't matter if you work six hours a day or 12 hours a day - you'll have as much energy left when you get off from work so using long work days as an excuse to not finish something is just... laziness. And I'm speaking from experience.

Actually, the first week or two might be tough but after you've gotten used to it it's nothing special.

If TakaJun's anything like me, and from what I've heard of him he is, it's almost certain that he just got bored of translating majikoi.

I mean if you're translating over 30 000 lines of text alone for free for people who won't even remember your name after you're done... Unless it's your passion, or even if it is, it's pretty darn unlikely you'll finish it.

And that's enough on that subject. 

P.S. I do hope this post didn't come out as having an offensive tone - my intention was to make it as neutral as possible but I have a feeling I failed in that goal.  :unsure:

No, just that we don't want to be at something like 80% with Miyako, only to have Yandere release their patch. That's what I mean with being on the safe side.

lol it's like we're grasping for straws. It's as if there's a curse on whoever attempts to translate Miyako.

Anyway, I suppose the only thing we can do now is wait, given all the lack of communication from these translators.

Question; would you have to play all the main heroines' routes to understand Agave route?

lol it's like we're grasping for straws. It's as if there's a curse on whoever attempts to translate Miyako.

Anyway, I suppose the only thing we can do now is wait, given all the lack of communication from these translators.

Question; would you have to play all the main heroines' routes to understand Agave route?

You can't unlock Agave route without playing all the other main routes.

We're going by the logic that Yandere may do it for us, so we're putting it off. If it is not translated after we're done with Agave, then it will be translated, and you'll get both Miyako and Agave at the same time.

I see... I suppose it's best to occupy myself with other VNs at the moment to get this out of my head. I don't think expecting any sort of deadline would heed anything.

Shouganai desho  -_-

Huh. That's odd. I do remember someone in contact with Kosuna, saying that Miyako Route was being translated (on 2nd page, just checked). How much was done before translator switched to Agave? And since when Agave was being translated (so we could have very rough estimate on long it took to do the 55%)?

How much was done before translator switched to Agave?

Don't know. Maybe 63%, but that's just my guess.

And since when Agave was being translated (so we could have very rough estimate on long it took to do the 55%)?

Agave started getting translated, what, 2 weeks in? But mostly on the side, with Miyako being the main focus. Kosuna has concentrated on Agave for little under a week.

That is already the case. As I said, a friend of Kosuna is helping with the Miyako translation, so he is gonna focus on Agave. AKA, both are being done at the same time.

The only reason he is translating Agave right now is because we want to be on the safe side with Yandere.

I think you're under the impression that Kosuna started this thread. He didn't. Allpukmaster started this thread. Kosuna just showed up and offered his help and email and left. He even said that he would not come back.

Also, the priority change only just happened after staff agreement. Miyako was originally gonna get done first, with Agave on the side. Those two just switched places to be on the safe side of things.

I can understand not wanting to step on any toes, but with all due respect, after 15 months of absence, the chance of Yandere suddenly returning is slim. I can get it if he wants to play it safe, but it would have been nice to know that right off the bat - that's all people are saying.

If you mean that his translation effort is the entire reason this thread exists to begin with, then yes, I consider him the one that started this thread, indirect as it maye have been. He may have come after it was started, but you can't deny that his work on the TL is what's gotten this thread so popular, and at the very least, it's frequented by people that have been, or know how to contact him.

As for the shift in priority, again, I understand not wanting to step on toes if TakaJun suddenly returns from the dead, but in my honest opinion, I don't think it's likely, and I don't think people want Kosuna to worry about another TL that's likely not even in the field anymore. And from what I know of Kosuna's sporadic reply system, the shift change probably came out of the blue somewhat, right?

Come to think of it... did you guys actually hear of any activity from Yandere? Is *that* what's got Kosuna shifting gears? Or is it just a last-minute precaution?

Thank you. ^_^

Why should he? He doesn't care and has never pretended to. He said that he wouldn't come back and thus made it very clear that he didn't care for any kind of connection to this thread, and that he just wanted to translate. The only reason that this thread didn't turn to dust shortly afterwards was because I decided that the TL-related information could be posted here. The idea that he should come here and announce his well-being is misplaced. That's me and Azengar's job.

Then he could at least keep better contact with you two. No one hates him - let's get that out of the way. But ever since TakaJun fell of the map, sudden delays and priority shifts like this tend to ruffle feathers a bit. People might start getting afraid that something crazy's going to happen right before he finishes - you said roughly 55-65% for Miyako right now, correct? I think getting so close to.... that dreaded number that still another 20-30% away, that people are naturally going to get just a *little* bit paranoid about delays.

We're going by the logic that Yandere may do it for us, so we're putting it off. If it is not translated after we're done with Agave, then it will be translated, and you'll get both Miyako and Agave at the same time.

That actually reminds me of something.

Once you're done with Agrave, and if it turns out that Yandere doesn't return from oblivion and release a Miyako patch:  will you hold off on releasing Agrave until Miyako's done and release the two side-by-side, or will you release Agrave as is with a modded save-file for those that want to play it? Just wondering, since I don't think anyone's confirmed that one way or the other yet.

I can understand not wanting to step on any toes, but with all due respect, after 15 months of absence, the chance of Yandere suddenly returning is slim. I can get it if he wants to play it safe, but it would have been nice to know that right off the bat - that's all people are saying.

You're not making any sense. This change to priorities was recent, and you couldn't have found out any sooner. You're the only one who's saying that it "would've been nice to know right off the bat", because you're the only one who don't seem to understand that such a thing wasn't possible. 

If you mean that his translation effort is the entire reason this thread exists to begin with, then yes, I consider him the one that started this thread, indirect as it maye have been. He may have come after it was started, but you can't deny that his work on the TL is what's gotten this thread so popular, and at the very least, it's frequented by people that have been, or know how to contact him.

Not to be arrogant or anything, but the reason this thread is popular is because I decided to try and keep it updated. Kosuna didn't start this thread, directly or indirectly, and the thread is not frequented by people who has contacted him or know how to contact him. The only people who are in contact with him are me and Azengar. If we stopped talking on here, which would have no effect on the translation, seeing as this thread is only as connected to the project as we decide, then the thread would die.

As for the shift in priority, again, I understand not wanting to step on toes if TakaJun suddenly returns from the dead, but in my honest opinion, I don't think it's likely, and I don't think people want Kosuna to worry about another TL that's likely not even in the field anymore. And from what I know of Kosuna's sporadic reply system, the shift change probably came out of the blue somewhat, right?

No on cares about stepping on Takajun's toes, we just don't want to have the route nearly complete and have our effort go to waste with Takajun completing his own translation.
And no offense to anyone here, but Kosuna has no obligation to do as people here wants. You don't have to like that the priorities has changed, nor the reasons, but whether you like it or not holds absolutely no weight. And it was no Kosuna's idea to change the priorities, but he agreed that it was a good idea.

Come to think of it... did you guys actually hear of any activity from Yandere? Is *that* what's got Kosuna shifting gears? Or is it just a last-minute precaution?

We haven't been able to contact Yandere at all, sadly.

That actually reminds me of something.

Once you're done with Agrave, and if it turns out that Yandere doesn't return from oblivion and release a Miyako patch:  will you hold off on releasing Agrave until Miyako's done and release the two side-by-side, or will you release Agrave as is with a modded save-file for those that want to play it? Just wondering, since I don't think anyone's confirmed that one way or the other yet.

That will be decided when we get there. No point thinking about it right now.

You're not making any sense. This change to priorities was recent, and you couldn't have found out any sooner. You're the only one who's saying that it "would've been nice to know right off the bat", because you're the only one who don't seem to understand that such a thing wasn't possible. 
Not to be arrogant or anything, but the reason this thread is popular is because I decided to try and keep it updated. Kosuna didn't start this thread, directly or indirectly, and the thread is not frequented by people who has contacted him or know how to contact him. The only people who are in contact with him are me and Azengar. If we stopped talking on here, which would have no effect on the translation, seeing as this thread is only as connected to the project as we decide, then the thread would die.
No on cares about stepping on Takajun's toes, we just don't want to have the route nearly complete and have our effort go to waste with Takajun completing his own translation.
And no offense to anyone here, but Kosuna has no obligation to do as people here wants. You don't have to like that the priorities has changed, nor the reasons, but whether you like it or not holds absolutely no weight. And it was no Kosuna's idea to change the priorities, but he agreed that it was a good idea.

We haven't been able to contact Yandere at all, sadly.

I know Kosuna's not the most... in touch, regarding the people that frequent this page, is what I'm saying. Point of fact is that, far as I can tell, this is a pretty abrubt announcement to everyone out of the blue, and if it really was an idea that wasn't his - an idea that was suggested to him - I actually see even less reason for how it wasn't possible to give people a head's up before it was put to debate with the rest of the TL team. It would be easier to understand if it had been his idea, since he's not the most open person on the fourms, after all. Most people could attribute that lack of communicatuon as typical. I know I'm likely coming across as condesending right now, but I think if it's something someone else in the group suggested to him, that's a bit tricker to get past. I think people feel that, if the group had been more verbal about any concerns or fears, or at the very least let you know to tell people that such a priority shift was at least a possibility in the future  - kept more in touch with such concers, people wouldn't feel so worried about what's basically a simple change in gears. Even more so if the idea was something that was suggested to Kosuna as opposed to an actual idea he had - if you're going to change gears like that, if it's even possible that such a concern exists, give people some heads-up so that, when you're done with the staff meetings, they've got some idea of what to expect of not. They're still scared over the vanishing act TakaJun pulled, so the only other active translator - who already made it cleare he won't actively post anything here himself, mind you - announcing priority shifts so suddenly is rather nervewrecking to them, I'd guess. I know it's not always possible for everyone to do, and I don't know your spicific circumstances, but you can't blame the rest of us for being so nervous regarding this particular translation.

Well, yes, but you keep it updated with the work that Kosuna and the rest of the team do. Without him translating the text, there's not much of a translation. You, Azangar and all the rest doing quality checks and program splicing and all that, and keeping us updated with progress, but that's mostly because Kosuna doesn't comment on this page himself, nor ever will by his own word and choice. If this thread was just about the prospect of translation Miyako's route, it might not be so frequented - the fact that there's actual progess after 15 months is what's got people excited. This page is about translating Miyako's route, and Kosuna's the one doing actual translation. That, in my personal opinion at least, makes him the one that "started" the thread, as it's topic - that the route *would* be translated - became a real possibility after he started and gave it purpose. And, since you and Azangar do in fact know how to contact him, and frequent this page.... how was I wrong? More to the point, who else would I have been talking about? It's been Day-1 fact that you and Azangar are the only ones that can reach him, and the two of you frequent this page. And it's kept alive by the updates on Kosuna's progress - him and the rest of the team. Case in point, in my opinion.

Again, I personally don't see it as a possibility. And even if TakaJun did release a patch, he put a disclaimer on Yandere's site saying anyone can edit or change their work if they want - meaning that there probably wouldn't be any hard feelings. Hell, they might even compliment you for taking care of it for them, if they were still active. And, looking at how long the entirety of the Yandere team is off the grid, again, I really doubt that the effort you're putting into this will be wasted. And once again, did I not just say that no one was really mad with him? Just that they were riled up by the sudden delay, and even more so that they weren't aware this was a possibility to begin with. It's more the lack of communication they're upset over, not the people doing the talking.

As for Yandere, I suppose that's to be expected. It's strange though that the entire team vanished. If it was just TakaJun, that would be somewhat easier to understand, but the whole group gone at around the same time? I don't buy it - something happened.