Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

So? There's no confirmation that he's dead, and we're just changing priorities. If he's alive, then we get both Miyako and Agave at the same time, and if not, then it's just Agave that's released before Miyako.

What use is a route that you cannot play until you play an untranslated route?

What's the point in translating the last route first if we can't play it without the other 5 finished? the chance of tajakun returning is very very small. If Kosuna Translate Miyako's route first and for whatever reason abandoned the project, at least we would have a route that we can play. 

What's the point in translating the last route first if we can't play it without the other 5 finished? the chance of tajakun returning is very very small. If Kosuna Translate Miyako's route first and for whatever reason abandoned the project, at least we would have a route that we can play. 

But he won't abandon the project. :P

And even if that happened, Azengar has connections.

So? There's no confirmation that he's dead, and we're just changing priorities. If he's alive, then we get both Miyako and Agave at the same time, and if not, then it's just Agave that's released before Miyako.

Since you can't play agave without Miyako, afaik, it's of limited use to most people. :\

You could skip through the text, and read it again when the patch comes out. Its all in Japanese so it shouldn't spoil to much.

Any spoil is too much spoil, imo.

That said, guess we just push back when we get to play till after kosuna finishes both routes. What's a (hopefully) little longer wait given how long we've waited thus far?

He really seems like a bad team member. Does he not return emails or just does not want to give out updates? Or am I just mistaking it that he does not give updates even to team members?

BTW I mean no offense to him as a dude. Just as a member of a team he does not seem to keep in touch much.

More like he's engrossed in his work - both fan-translation, and whatever job he's doing to pay the bills. I mean only one of these pays real cash. And at the very least, it's more then we've had for the past fifteen months.

If Kosuna it's okay with it maybe we can make a poll about what route the users want first?. I really don't like this change of focus either. We have been waiting forever for Miyako's route, and when we think that is coming soon it's delayed again, it's depressing :(.

Guest Draconos

I'm not too happy by this change either. But well, I really am not allowed to say anything considering that at least he's translating route(s) for us x)

I dont like this - this project was about translation Miyako in the first place.

Anything else was supposed to be just a pleasant bonus, nothing more.

Kosuna was planning to do Agave from the start. It was never about translating Miyako; It was about translating all of it.

If Kosuna it's okay with it maybe we can make a poll about what route the users want first?. I really don't like this change of focus either. We have been waiting forever for Miyako's route, and when we think that is coming soon it's delayed again, it's depressing :(.

I think that's a bad idea. He doesn't really care for this thread, to be honest, and he's the one making the decisions on routes. Any interference from you guys will most likely do more harm than good.

Kosuna was planning to do Agave from the start. It was never about translating Miyako; It was about translating all of it.

I think that's a bad idea. He doesn't really care for this thread, to be honest, and he's the one making the decisions on routes. Any interference from you guys will most likely do more harm than good.

Maybe another option would be to talk with the contact of Azengar and translate both routes simultaneously?. And if Kosuna still want to translate later he can lend a hand with Majikoi S.  I know that eventually he would finish both. But look to me, for what you say, that what he really want to translate is the final route.

Then why the hell was the thread named "Majikoi Miyako Route Translation" if it was "never about translating Miyako"? Not to be rude, but talk about your false advertizing - it's like the boy who cried wolf. After TakaJun vanished, you do not joke about this stuff unless you want to be castrated by a rusty cheese grater - trust me on that one. I know from experience :unsure:

And as for the harm it would cause, again, is it any worse then what's going down now? If he "doesn't really care for this thread" then why the hell was it started? I know this is going to sound judgemental, but I think he's playing with fire by announcing a priority shift like this so abrubtly. As far as everyone knew, Miyako was the primary focus and Agrave was secondary, not the other way around. If that was wrong, it should have been corrected early on - I think there would have been less complaints.

Now, had he, or someone that was in contact with him (as much as is possible, given his periodic schedule) let us know what the actual order of priority was, there would be less issue. Because right now, I think the real reason people are pissed is not because of an extra amount of time to wait (we've waited 15 months already, after all), but rather that Kosuna apperently didn't clarify on which route was coming first. Had he been a bit more spicific on what was coming out first and said "Agrave first" from the start, people wouldn't be so ticked off. As long as they knew it was coming.

I think there's a few things we should remember before getting to mad. First Kosuna wasn't even the one who started this thread, he just came in and said "I guess I will tl it or or something" and then started work. Kosuna did this kinda on a whim so him changing priorities on a whim shouldn't come as a shock to anyone. Second Kosuna had some sort of medical problem earlier which probably changed some of his priorities as far as TLing and other stuff goes. Really it's kinda annoying, but not unexpected to see something like this. It's been like 6 months and 107 pages with Kosuna posting once on page 1 and very rare updates on progress that never really seemed to be clear. Hell I think there have been more joke answers to questions of progress than real ones.

I'm kinda rambling now, but tl;dr this isn't a proffessional TL group. This isn't even a fangroup that has been around awhile. It's just some people who came together to TL a game and the head TL has never been interested in what other people have had to say about it. Just chill and hope something comes out of this group, but don't be shocked if 6 months later nothing has happened :P.

Yeah. not hating on Kosuna but I do wish he was a little more connected to the fan base here. He only posted once and did mention he would never come back. Maybe just a quick hi guys I'm still alive every once in a while would be nice . But hey, the guy is free to do as he pleased as he never really built up our hopes or anything. He was very casual right from the start.