Unlimited Chat Works - Random Talk

allpukmaster

That will be decided when we get there. No point thinking about it right now.

I see. Also, after these two are done, are you thinking about the sub-routes, like Chika and Captan and the rest? Or are you just focused on getting these two done and over with first before you decide on wheather or not you're doing the rest?

I know Kosuna's not the most... in touch, regarding the people that frequent this page, is what I'm saying. Point of fact is that, far as I can tell, this is a pretty abrubt announcement to everyone out of the blue, and if it really was an idea that wasn't his - an idea that was suggested to him - I actually see even less reason for how it wasn't possible to give people a head's up before it was put to debate with the rest of the TL team. It would be easier to understand if it had been his idea, since he's not the most open person on the fourms, after all. Most people could attribute that lack of communicatuon as typical. I know I'm likely coming across as condesending right now, but I think if it's something someone else in the group suggested to him, that's a bit tricker to get past. I think people feel that, if the group had been more verbal about any concerns or fears, or at the very least let you know to tell people that such a priority shift was at least a possibility in the future  - kept more in touch with such concers, people wouldn't feel so worried about what's basically a simple change in gears. Even more so if the idea was something that was suggested to Kosuna as opposed to an actual idea he had - if you're going to change gears like that, if it's even possible that such a concern exists, give people some heads-up so that, when you're done with the staff meetings, they've got some idea of what to expect of not. They're still scared over the vanishing act TakaJun pulled, so the only other active translator - who already made it cleare he won't actively post anything here himself, mind you - announcing priority shifts so suddenly is rather nervewrecking to them, I'd guess. I know it's not always possible for everyone to do, and I don't know your spicific circumstances, but you can't blame the rest of us for being so nervous regarding this particular translation.

Well, yes, but you keep it updated with the work that Kosuna and the rest of the team do. Without him translating the text, there's not much of a translation. You, Azangar and all the rest doing quality checks and program splicing and all that, and keeping us updated with progress, but that's mostly because Kosuna doesn't comment on this page himself, nor ever will by his own word and choice. If this thread was just about the prospect of translation Miyako's route, it might not be so frequented - the fact that there's actual progess after 15 months is what's got people excited. This page is about translating Miyako's route, and Kosuna's the one doing actual translation. That, in my personal opinion at least, makes him the one that "started" the thread, as it's topic - that the route *would* be translated - became a real possibility after he started and gave it purpose. And, since you and Azangar do in fact know how to contact him, and frequent this page.... how was I wrong? More to the point, who else would I have been talking about? It's been Day-1 fact that you and Azangar are the only ones that can reach him, and the two of you frequent this page. And it's kept alive by the updates on Kosuna's progress - him and the rest of the team. Case in point, in my opinion.

Again, I personally don't see it as a possibility. And even if TakaJun did release a patch, he put a disclaimer on Yandere's site saying anyone can edit or change their work if they want - meaning that there probably wouldn't be any hard feelings. Hell, they might even compliment you for taking care of it for them, if they were still active. And, looking at how long the entirety of the Yandere team is off the grid, again, I really doubt that the effort you're putting into this will be wasted. And once again, did I not just say that no one was really mad with him? Just that they were riled up by the sudden delay, and even more so that they weren't aware this was a possibility to begin with. It's more the lack of communication they're upset over, not the people doing the talking.

As for Yandere, I suppose that's to be expected. It's strange though that the entire team vanished. If it was just TakaJun, that would be somewhat easier to understand, but the whole group gone at around the same time? I don't buy it - something happened.

You know, I'm getting real tired of this. I would appreciate it if you let the matter go. If you don't, and keep persisting on this, I don't think I will see much appeal in this thread anymore.

You know, I'm getting real tired of this. I would appreciate it if you let the matter go. If you don't, and keep persisting on this, I don't think I will see much appeal in this thread anymore.

If you say so. Not entirely sure what I said - just that people don't want to feel like this translations in danger of getting brought to a halt. I'm just happy that there *is* still progress on Miyako's route.

Sorry about the atmosphere though - my sister says I'm a pessimist. Tells me I could make Italy (from Hetalia) become all "doom and gloom" within five minutes. As a sick joke, she even sowed together a Scarecrow costume straight out of the Batman comics for me because I "make people want to shoot themselves after talking with them five minutes with how (I) have to pick apart everything they say, like it's a contest or some mystery."

I'm not... I'm not *really* like that, am I?

Already said way back that we're doing the sub-routes.

Well, yeah, but I figured that those were optional - only if everyone else felt like it was worth the effort after Agrave and Miyako were done. Nice to know the whole package is on the way. :D

I'm not... I'm not *really* like that, am I?

Based on your recent dialogue with Ouraibaa, I would say that yes, you are really like that. :P

No hard feelings though. I get where your coming from, it's just that the bottom line is that it's in Kosuna's hands and his hands alone.

Based on your recent dialogue with Ouraibaa, I would say that yes, you are really like that. :P

No hard feelings though. I get where your coming from, it's just that the bottom line is that it's in Kosuna's hands and his hands alone.

Note to self: I must never become a psychologist. I'd like to see a *decrease*  in the suicide rate, and not add to it.

Still, at least we know that we're almost there - between the 55% on Agrave, and the roughly 60% on Miyako, we're over half-way there to the main routes being compleated. And it's 55% higher on Agrave then TakaJun ever got. Something to celebrate regardless, right? :)

Guest Draconos

i once saw a earth worm form a letter s in the mud........off topic enough?

Too trivial. We need something on a larger scale that we can actually use to have a proper discussion.

Too trivial. We need something on a larger scale that we can actually use to have a proper discussion.

Since this was my fault, I'll try something - the topic of adaptations. And I'll even include the "S" from the "earthworm" comment.

I heard rumor once that they were going to try and adapt Majikoi S! Into an anime like the original Majikoi. Saw an animated trailer, but I think in hindsight that was for the game, not a second anime. Bottom line - Is that true or not? And if so... do you'd think an anime adaptation of Majikoi S! would suck? I mean, aside from the very first episode, I was unable to watch more then four episodes of the anime adaptation for Majikoi - too many sex jokes, not enough character. Something I think the anime adaptation of the manga "Rosario + Vampire" suffered from too. Would an anime of Majikoi S! fare even remotely better then the last?

Since this was my fault, I'll try something - the topic of adaptations. And I'll even include the "S" from the "earthworm" comment.

I heard rumor once that they were going to try and adapt Majikoi S! Into an anime like the original Majikoi. Saw an animated trailer, but I think in hindsight that was for the game, not a second anime. Bottom line - Is that true or not? And if so... do you'd think an anime adaptation of Majikoi S! would suck? I mean, aside from the very first episode, I was unable to watch more then four episodes of the anime adaptation for Majikoi - too many sex jokes, not enough character. Something I think the anime adaptation of the manga "Rosario + Vampire" suffered from too. Would an anime of Majikoi S! fare even remotely better then the last?

I think most Majikoi adaptations would suck, seeing as the main draw-in is the great group of friends, one of which you take control of. I think a lot of the immersion would be lost.

I think most Majikoi adaptations would suck, seeing as the main draw-in is the great group of friends, one of which you take control of. I think a lot of the immersion would be good.

That tends to be a problem with most VN adaptations - the appeal of VN's is in group dynamics and multiple paths. Grisaia No Kajitsu and it's sequals. Fate/ Stay night. Tsukihime. The Majikoi series. Clannad. The appeal comes from choice-driven narrative and characer interactions - all of which are pretty damned limited in anime adaptations, which are just not as flexible.

That being said, what would be done to make it actually work? Because thus-far, most VN adaptations suck. Especially some of the English dubs, which don't seem to convey as much emotion as the original Japaneese. Worse case of that was the Tsukihime adaptation - in my opinion, at least.

So... was the Majikoi S! potential anime just a rumor, then?

problem with all vn adaptations is they have to choose between following only a single route or mashing them all together to form some kind of amalgamation . the first alienates fans of the other routes and the second pisses off the entire fan base. there's only been a few that have been done well and i think the best would be yosuga no sora not because of faithfulness or anything like that but because they went with the anthology style for the anime showing all the routes as mini arcs in the main story. i believe photo-kano and i know that amagami did this as well. thats the best format for a multi-route visual novel adaption but it is not done often. the only one ive seen done in the smash it all together format that was any good was shuffle and even then they stuck with a hybrid by going with a single heroin ending.

problem with all vn adaptations is they have to choose between following only a single route or mashing them all together to form some kind of amalgamation . the first alienates fans of the other routes and the second pisses off the entire fan base. there's only been a few that have been done well and i think the best would be yosuga no sora not because of faithfulness or anything like that but because they went with the anthology style for the anime showing all the routes as mini arcs in the main story. i believe photo-kano and i know that amagami did this as well. thats the best format for a multi-route visual novel adaption but it is not done often. the only one ive seen done in the smash it all together format that was any good was shuffle and even then they stuck with a hybrid by going with a single heroin ending.

I forgot about "Shuffle!" And, while I can agree that they did relatively well splicing the routes, the rather abrubt way it ended still pissed me off.

That tends to be a problem with most VN adaptations - the appeal of VN's is in group dynamics and multiple paths. Grisaia No Kajitsu and it's sequals. Fate/ Stay night. Tsukihime. The Majikoi series. Clannad. The appeal comes from choice-driven narrative and characer interactions - all of which are pretty damned limited in anime adaptations, which are just not as flexible.

That being said, what would be done to make it actually work? Because thus-far, most VN adaptations suck. Especially some of the English dubs, which don't seem to convey as much emotion as the original Japaneese. Worse case of that was the Tsukihime adaptation - in my opinion, at least.

So... was the Majikoi S! potential anime just a rumor, then?

The new FSN will be glorious (Because Ufotable.), and Clannad was a great anime. Maybe not agreat adaptation, but still a great anime.

The new FSN will be glorious (Because Ufotable.), and Clannad was a great anime. Maybe not agreat adaptation, but still a great anime.

Well, that's true - Clannad was a pretty good anime. As for the new FSN, I'll admit it looks pretty damn promising, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still nervous - so far, all I've seen are the visuals and some fight teasers. I want to see some of the real meat - the story. Though, if it's as good as the visuals, I'll be hooked!

Speaking of stories, does anyone know what differences there'll be between the new FSN anime and the original VN's? I know it's reported to be a new path, but has anyone released anything saying how much is or isn't going to make it into the anime? Or is it all under wraps?