Hoshimemo Kickstarter Announced- AA and 18+ versions as well as Eternal Heart Stretch Goal

11 hours ago, Chuee said:

Plenty of mistranslations littered throughout it. Just a few examples

• If you ignore girls in puberty you're going down the wrong path (not you, but they (the girl) will go down the wrong path)
  • I waited for the moment Chinami would come down with glue all over her uniform (the MC's uniform not hers, and "glue" really just means starch on the uniform)

Or if you want more here's a list one of the editors that got kicked off made while going through it https://pastebin.com/riMwPRnB

I'm curious why this editor was booted off.  Their services seem to have been needed.  I do see that they missed what seems to have been a mistake here, unless I'm missing some context here that means it should be translated differently, マスター (masutaa) means "Master".:

マスター、あなたが見ていたのは本当に笑顔だけですか。
Manager, are smiles the only thing you care about?
(more like are smiles really the only thing you were looking at. Subtly accusing him of being a naughty naughty boy)

The rest of the stuff seems to be accurate, though.  Based on this, the translation is probably riddled with similar errors.  I would have wanted this editor as the main translator, and another editor to spiffy up the language to read better (this editor didn't really edit the text as much as leave general notes on how it needs to be rewritten).  What was done as-is I am definitely glad I never got around to trying out.
Edited by Nandemonai
fix formatting

I'll def get it again when they put it out but I dont really want to play the game ever again. I'll buy some steam trading cards too, if it has any, cause why not. 

5 hours ago, Okarin said:

Yes, a good heroine.

Some might say one of the two only good heroines in the game.

9 hours ago, HotTrax said:

Some might say one of the two only good heroines in the game.

What's the other? I'm curious.

It's strange, I felt Hoshimemo was definitely above your regular eroge's level of quality.

Edited by Okarin

Anyone know what sort of boxes SP uses for physical editions? Will this be the same as the original Japanese box or a smaller western style DVD sized "box" like Mangagamer and JAST use. Don't really feel like putting around $120 down on something that turns out to be hot garbage when it arrives.

2 hours ago, Blake said:

Anyone know what sort of boxes SP uses for physical editions? Will this be the same as the original Japanese box or a smaller western style DVD sized "box" like Mangagamer and JAST use. Don't really feel like putting around $120 down on something that turns out to be hot garbage when it arrives.

From the looks of it it seems to be similar to the clannad box. You can look up unboxing videos for it on youtube to give you an idea. 

19 hours ago, Chuee said:

From the looks of it it seems to be similar to the clannad box. You can look up unboxing videos for it on youtube to give you an idea. 

That's actually a pretty big box. Really nice package design they did with that.

For the past 3 days, it seems they are getting roughly 1000 bucks each day...

That + Money Rush from the last few days and i think we will see eternal heart happen :D

I made a vow i would never donate to kickstarters ever again after getting screwed with crappy games getting released on steam (like Jagged Alliance Flashback). But i might make an exception for this one...

2 hours ago, br4zil said:

I made a vow i would never donate to kickstarters ever again after getting screwed with crappy games getting released on steam (like Jagged Alliance Flashback). But i might make an exception for this one...

There's a bit less risk involved in localization kickstarters, since the game is usually out already in Japan and we have a good idea of its overall quality. Of course, there are total translation clusterfudges like Libra, but those are once in a blue moon.

8 hours ago, br4zil said:

Hoshimemo has already been available in english since 2012, you can go ahead and play it right now to see if you like it or not.

2 hours ago, Nier said:

Hoshimemo has already been available in english since 2012, you can go ahead and play it right now to see if you like it or not.

Bottom line: it's a good romance game. If you enjoy sad cute girls, you're in. Plus it's summerish.

10 hours ago, Nier said:

Aye, I have read some of it (but never finished it)

I just worry that this new translation will be utter crap. You never know if they will get a new translator who wants to to take liberties with it

8 minutes ago, br4zil said:

Aye, I have read some of it (but never finished it)

I just worry that this new translation will be utter crap. You never know if they will get a new translator who wants to to take liberties with it

Actually, the fantranslation was utter crap. It's difficult to do worse, unless they hire Mikandi's translator.

To be honest, while maybe worse or similar in accuracy, hoshimemo's fan tl still had significantly better flow than the impression I'm getting from some of the libra lines. Doesn't mean it was especially good either, though.

I do think the new hoshimemo tl is highly unlikely to be worse than the current one.

11 hours ago, Okarin said:

@br4zilYes, the Hoshimemo fan TL was acceptable. I found it a bit too much "accented", but it was manageable.

I am not sure what you mean by "accented" but the translator is from Arestralia, so that might be the reason for what you are referring to.

3 hours ago, Nier said:

I am not sure what you mean by "accented" but the translator is from Arestralia, so that might be the reason for what you are referring to.

Yeah, Australian-accented text, with quirks and expressions from there. It was... odd, but bearable.