Re: Zero Visual Novel announced.

dfbreezy

13 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

No, I like change of POV based route systems, Machi, 428, i/o, eve burst error, route double, remember11, time travelers, desire, etc.

Traditional route system a la clannad are only dispersive, I can't say I like them.

Ah, I see. I think. I haven't played Clannad(nor have any desire to) to actually understand there.

Also, PC for anime VNs? Are there any of those things around? As far as I know, they usually stay in portables.

1 minute ago, VLOCKUP said:

Ah, I see. I think. I haven't played Clannad(nor have any desire to) to actually understand there.

Also, PC for anime VNs? Are there any of those things around? As far as I know, they usually stay in portables.

Psycho-pass is maybe the sole example i can come up with, also made by 5pb., there's hope. 

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Psycho-pass is maybe the sole example i can come up with, also made by 5pb., there's hope. 

Playing VNs on consoles is quite amazing, just saying. Also PP for PC only happened during the localization so pretty sure right now they'll announce it only for vita/ps4, not much point in giving people hope just yet.

Why is this anime so damn popular? It's fucking annoying me. No other anime in recent memory has been. SAO had 1/10th of the hype around it. I honestly can't think of the last anime that had people acting this way. It's stupid. Every forum or website I go to, people are talking about this, Waifu Wars and other creepy shit. It's a incomplete anime, based on an incomplete Manga.

43 minutes ago, Mkilbride said:

Why is this anime so damn popular? It's fucking annoying me. No other anime in recent memory has been. SAO had 1/10th of the hype around it. I honestly can't think of the last anime that had people acting this way. It's stupid. Every forum or website I go to, people are talking about this, Waifu Wars and other creepy shit. It's a incomplete anime, based on an incomplete Manga.

A pretty good one though. Waifu wars and the usual creepiness aside, it generates some good discussion. Also not a manga.

1 hour ago, Mkilbride said:

Really? Perhaps I'm simply less connected with the internet subforums, but isn't this pretty normal per season? There is always one anime that gets picked out of the bunch and becomes DE BEST ANIME EVERS! but is almost completely forgotten once it is over. 

And yes it is still an ongoing story, but it was originally a web novel, that got picked up to be a light novel, which was adapted into a manga, which was adapted into the anime, which is going to be adapted into a VN. God Damn do the Japanese work their intellectual properties to death. 

Also I love how you call "Waifu Wars" creepy shit.... in a VN COMMUNITY! That is just gold. 

Although I totally get hating something simply because it's popular, I fucking hate evangelion even though I havn't seen a single episode. However, I know pretty much everything about the damn show from how overly popular it is.

VN adaptations made of multi-intellectual property are usually very poor, I wouldn't set my hopes high for this; it didn't really change much, aside from a bunch of exceptions. They will milk money off the franchise till it's fresh and people still enjoy it... which won't really last that long, considering the average modern consumer has an attention span that lasts shorter than a couple weeks at most, when it comes to good things.

Gematsu: Re:Zero -Starting Life in Another World- Death or Kiss launches for PS4 and PS Vita on March 23 in Japan

The visual novel game follows an original story different from the original work and anime called “Another Episode with the Candidates for Next Ruler.”

The story sees a “Beauty Queen Election” carried out as a prelude to the “Next Ruler Election,” the winner of which is given a “noble weapon said to bring about good luck.” But the victory prize is actually cursed and afflicts Subaru with the “Curse of Death.” The only way to lift the curse is a “kiss from a beautiful girl,” so players will have to socialize with the heroines with the end goal of getting a kiss and escaping Subaru’s fate of death.

The candidates for the “Beauty Queen Election” are as follows: Emilia, Ram, Rem, Beatrice, Felt, Priscilla, Anastasia, and Crusch.

Those looking for a VN-retelling of the source material (perhaps with additional routes) are going to be severely disappointed.  The synopsis isn't even coherent.

15 hours ago, Soulless Watcher said:

Really? Perhaps I'm simply less connected with the internet subforums, but isn't this pretty normal per season? There is always one anime that gets picked out of the bunch and becomes DE BEST ANIME EVERS! but is almost completely forgotten once it is over. 

And yes it is still an ongoing story, but it was originally a web novel, that got picked up to be a light novel, which was adapted into a manga, which was adapted into the anime, which is going to be adapted into a VN. God Damn do the Japanese work their intellectual properties to death. 

Also I love how you call "Waifu Wars" creepy shit.... in a VN COMMUNITY! That is just gold. 

Although I totally get hating something simply because it's popular, I fucking hate evangelion even though I havn't seen a single episode. However, I know pretty much everything about the damn show from how overly popular it is.

Nah. Re:Zero is easily the most discussed and hyped anime since Attack on Titan.

I would say that Attack on Titan did a better job of reaching the western mainstream crowd while Re:Zero is doing a better job of reaching the otaku crowd here.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

Nah. Re:Zero is easily the most discussed and hyped anime since Attack on Titan.

I don't really get that.  Attack on Titan was an immensely entertaining, gripping human drama.  Re:Zero can be rather bland at times and the setting is fairly generic, while the protagonist is Joe Everyman.  It's a good show but not outstanding.

37 minutes ago, Decay said:

I would say that Attack on Titan did a better job of reaching the western mainstream crowd while Re:Zero is doing a better job of reaching the otaku crowd here.

Yeah, that's right. AoT was the last like this. AoT turned out to be good, but not great.  I mean hell, did you know there's a filter on reddit and the mods have had to put all Re:zero related posts in one topic because they were flooding the subreddit so much, you couldn't see ANYTHING else. I'm sure this anime is good as well, but I make a habit of not watching incomplete anime.

Hmm, animes are rarely good those days so I'm not particularly convinced about Re:Zero living up to the hype. It doesn't look particular impressive either.

Attack on Titan was kinda fun for a few episodes but got repetitive and boring pretty fast. Especially with it's typical shounen problem of characters trying to compensate a lack of competence with decibel. Dropped it halfway...

The description of the anime also sounds like it would follow the current trend of just adding gore to make an anime appear 'deep' and try to overshadow the flat story and dull characters with it.