New here

moonstarfc

Hey everyone, I'm new to fuwanovel and sort of new to VNs in general. I was first introduced to VNs when I discovered Sono Hanabira a few years ago. But I haven't played that much so far besides Sono Hanabira and a few other VNs that were easy to download and run. A friend keeps trying to get me to play Dramatical Murder and Togainu no Chi, and I'd like to play them, but I've had a hell of a time trying to get them to work on my computer <_<

Anyway, I'm interested in a wide range of genres, but when it comes to hentai & eroge, I'm mainly just interested in yaoi and yuri. Overall, I read manga more than I watch anime. I'm hopelessly obsessed with Kuroshitsuji and Love Live (pretty much every part of the franchise). I also collect doujinshi, of the fanzine variety. I have over 50 of them. 

I hope to learn about some more VNs here...as well as get help for playing some of them on my computer. 

Heeeey, welcome to the forum, nice to meet you! :miyako:

1 minute ago, moonstarfc said:

I was first introduced to VNs when I discovered Sono Hanabira a few years ago. But I haven't played that much so far besides Sono Hanabira

We are going to get along, I can tell :makina: 

4 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Heeeey, welcome to the forum, nice to meet you! :miyako:

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have the New Generation coming to me in the mail soon. I can't read Japanese, but I've seen videos of some parts translated, so I hope to play at least some of it. 

Just now, moonstarfc said:

Thanks for the welcome :)

I have the New Generation coming to me in the mail soon. I can't read Japanese, but I've seen videos of some parts translated, so I hope to play at least some of it. 

The Japanese used in the game isn't too hard, so if you install a text hooker and Atlas, you should be able to get a general outline of the story at least. It's a great game. (Ai x Aya, best couple.) 

If you need any help, feel free to PM me :sachi:

12 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Hoooo, Hoooo, calm down senpai.

Hello and welcome to Fuwa :sachi:

I hope you have a great time here with us and hope to see you around aswell, if you happen to need recommendations or help don't hesitate to ask.

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

The Japanese used in the game isn't too hard, so if you install a text hooker and Atlas, you should be able to get a general outline of the story at least. It's a great game. (Ai x Aya, best couple.) 

If you need any help, feel free to PM me :sachi:

I see....I will probably need help figuring out how to do that, considering I can't even get some other games installed and working :/ Thanks for the offer!

27 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

in that way? :holo:

Welcome to the forums. I haven't played many Sono Hanabira VNs because I'm more of a plot based VN kind of guy. I can give you some recommendations for translated ones.

I hope to see you around. :sacchan:

Plot related ones would be good too. Like I said, I'm just pretty new to VNs so I haven't played that many yet. I read a lot of yuri manga though (including non-H). And then of course doujinshi.

What are your recommendations?

39 minutes ago, moonstarfc said:

Plot related ones would be good too. Like I said, I'm just pretty new to VNs so I haven't played that many yet. I read a lot of yuri manga though (including non-H). And then of course doujinshi.

What are your recommendations?

Ever17, G Senjou No Maou, Kara No Shoujo series, and Tokyo Babel are a few I would recommend.

Hello, and welcome!

If you're just finding your way with VNs, you've found a good place.

Another good way to find well-thought-of VNs is to look at VNDB ratings: https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;rfil=;o=d;s=rating

To offer a single specific recommendation rather than a billion, Steins;Gate, which is rated number 2 there overall and is one of my very favorites, has an officially-licensed English release which you can buy from JBox/JList (either downloadable or boxed edition, whatever you like): https://jbox.com/sg001. If you've already watched the anime, though, be aware that there's very little additional content in the VN, although what's there is actually some of the best stuff - alternate endings. In that case, you might want to go with something else, such as one of the fine recommendations above.

Welcome to the Fuwa forums! I'm only here because I saw the RinPana avatar (I've seen that doujin on Pixiv :sachi: ) as my VN history is microscopically small. Just wanted to welcome another Love Live fan, and possibly Rin/Hanayo fan (?)

We actually have a dying thread here that is a Love Live School Idol Festival thread, but also doubles as a Love Live general thread, though the years haven't been good to us and the thread's rather inactive... Shameless promotion

3 hours ago, VirginSmasher said:

Ever17, G Senjou No Maou, Kara No Shoujo series, and Tokyo Babel are a few I would recommend.

I think I downloaded Ever17 a year ago, either that or it was Never7. But I couldn't get it to work for some reason. But I'll definitely give it a try again! I used to not have administrator privileges on my own computer, but now I do, so hopefully that should help me out. 

2 hours ago, Fred the Barber said:

Hello, and welcome!

If you're just finding your way with VNs, you've found a good place.

Another good way to find well-thought-of VNs is to look at VNDB ratings: https://vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=tagspoil-0;rfil=;o=d;s=rating

To offer a single specific recommendation rather than a billion, Steins;Gate, which is rated number 2 there overall and is one of my very favorites, has an officially-licensed English release which you can buy from JBox/JList (either downloadable or boxed edition, whatever you like): https://jbox.com/sg001. If you've already watched the anime, though, be aware that there's very little additional content in the VN, although what's there is actually some of the best stuff - alternate endings. In that case, you might want to go with something else, such as one of the fine recommendations above.

Is there a particular advantage to getting either of the editions? I would normally prefer packaged editions since I don't want to lose all my games if my computer dies or everything gets destroyed by a virus or something. But then you have to pay for the shipping. When you buy downloads, are your downloads archived somewhere so that if you lose them, you can redownload them again? And can you download them onto a new computer?

17 minutes ago, Ceris said:

Welcome to the Fuwa forums! I'm only here because I saw the RinPana avatar (I've seen that doujin on Pixiv :sachi: ) as my VN history is microscopically small. Just wanted to welcome another Love Live fan, and possibly Rin/Hanayo fan (?)

We actually have a dying thread here that is a Love Live School Idol Festival thread, but also doubles as a Love Live general thread, though the years haven't been good to us and the thread's rather inactive... Shameless promotion

Hey! RinPana is probably my favorite Love Live ship, along with NozoEli  :sachi: Although, Maki is probably my favorite character overall. But I'm not as interested in NicoMaki. 

I'll definitely go post in the LL thread, and I think I have an extra friend list slot in my SIF account so I'll post my ID. 

For the cliche word here "Welcome to the Fuwanovel and hope you enjoy your stay here", although I'd definitely happy we got another new member here though.

If you talked about Love Live, I think there were some user here who was fans of it, and I at least knew that @Jade and @bigfatround0 was fan of them (Although for bigfatround0 he was more Honoka fan though, judging from his avatar). As for me, I'm not too much of a fan, but at least I knew that Love Live was very popular in internet and also in Japan.

Since you talk about Sono Hanabira, for yuri VN how about Katahane, Aoishiro, and Yurirei for your next VN. Katahane and Aoishiro was more like more subtle in regard of yuri (And Katahane was had one straight couple, but if you want more nitpicking the seiyuu for male in straight couple was female), while Yurirei was not so subtle in regard of yuri. And if you had any problem to playing VN, just come here and ask the help from us.

Once again welcome to moonstarfc and hope you had fun here. Also for a little suggestion you better look forward for moe picture in your thread.

Salutations! And welcome to the forums! Wish you find your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one!:sachi:

I'm not really a Elite Visual Novel Player/Reader like most of the people above and more like a casual reader at best like yourself, being new to the Visual Novels genre and stuffs. But I could recommend some few VNs that pretty good starting point for people new to the VN genre. Try checking out Long Live The Queen and Hatoful Boyfriend. They're friendly to beginners and the games are quite fun and hilarious too, also the protagonist in these games are Females so it might fancy your interest in some way being a girl and all... Oh almost forget about Kindred Spirits On The Roof  one of the best recent Yuri titles out there!

Anyways hope you have some fun!:mare:

3 hours ago, moonstarfc said:

Is there a particular advantage to getting either of the editions? I would normally prefer packaged editions since I don't want to lose all my games if my computer dies or everything gets destroyed by a virus or something. But then you have to pay for the shipping. When you buy downloads, are your downloads archived somewhere so that if you lose them, you can redownload them again? And can you download them onto a new computer?

The download edition is re-downloadable and can be pulled onto multiple computers; you'll create an account with them and be able to download it whenever you want. I don't think there's any sort of DRM on it, either.

If you're still interested playing Dramatical Murder and Togainu no Chi, you might want to check out the troubleshooting topics on the Aarinfantasy forums. There's troubleshooting topics here as well but not too many users over here actually read yaoi. If you're still having issues give me a shout, I'd be happy to help you figure out what it is.

As for recommendations, I second Hatoful boyfriend (not the Vita port, though) its charm levels are off the charts and its ridiculously rewarding to get the true end. Aside from that, there's also Lamento it's from the creators of both Dramatical Murder and Togainu no Chi. Lamento is probably my favorite of the three.