Noone cares? I see... (Navel & MG - Divorce, or starting over again?)

XReaper

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Well damn... 

Being like the only huge Shuffle! fan around here, I have to say, this sucks. :wafuu: 

At least they wont take away the game download option for people who already bought it. 

You're forgetting about me senpai! Hidoi

Just now, VirginSmasher said:

I'm prepared for another thread being derailed because of this comment. :amane:

Yet you're the one helping it derail by quoting me Master V, how sneaky of you :sacchan:

Also guess this kills any hope of the fan discs for Shuffle! or Shuffle essence+ to get TLD

Just now, DarkZedge said:

Yet you're the one helping it derail by quoting me Master V, how sneaky of you :sacchan:

Also guess this kills any hope of the fan discs for Shuffle! or Shuffle essence+ to get TLD

I also prevented you from derailing it by getting you back on topic.

They could still be fan translated if somebody cares enough to or if Navel gets a partnership with another localization company, but I highly doubt it.

7 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

They could still be fan translated if somebody cares enough to or if Navel gets a partnership with another localization company, but I highly doubt it.

why is that so? if they insisted on a potential brake-up, than its more likely of them being interested in getting westerners to buy their popular titles, than otherwise ERGO them already looking into forging anew partnership with whomever comes first/is best suited/attempts licensing a more pricy title

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I also prevented you from derailing it by getting you back on topic.

あら、あら、? you got me back on topic? i just had a comment left in the chamber that i forgot to post earlier :sachi:

Yeah it's a damn shame, at least for me. I wanted to play them guess i'll get the chance when i properly learn Japanese

1 minute ago, Rooke said:

I'm looking forward to the community's salt-laden cries once Sekai Project snaps up Navel's better titles :3

I'm fine with that as long as they're brought over here.

No doubt they'll kickstart all of them, but that's a given with Sekai Project nowadays. The community just has to deal with that fact.

15 minutes ago, XReaper said:

why is that so? if they insisted on a potential brake-up, than its more likely of them being interested in getting westerners to buy their popular titles, than otherwise ERGO them already looking into forging anew partnership with whomever comes first/is best suited/attempts licensing a more pricy title

It'll most likely be Sekai Project if any company will be able to do it.

rip any chances of tsuritosu and oretsuba. 

Shuffle wasn't very good, I just couldn't come to like it despite my best efforts. My main problem with it was actually the pacing. The comedic pacing was just awful. They had some good gags, but they never gave them the time to breathe they needed. It seemed almost like a VN  with ADHD, just constantly having to move on to the next thing without finishing the last. It was as if the last five to ten lines of every scene was just missing. And that's just the common route. The heroine routes weren't anything to write home about, either. 

In a way I'm relieved that they at least made a clean cut now.

So potential fan translaters at least won't keep away from their titles anymore, just because they respect a partnership that was actually long gone.

And maybe that makes them an interesting partner for Sekai Project now. I would gladly back a Kickstarter if it would be for Oretsuba or Tsuriotsu.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

In a way I'm relieved that they at least made a clean cut now.

So potential fan translaters at least won't keep away from their titles anymore, just because they respect a partnership that was actually long gone.

And maybe that makes them an interesting partner for Sekai Project now. I would gladly back a Kickstarter if it would be for Oretsuba or Tsuriotsu.

I don't think a lot of people would so eagerly do that. Look at what happened with the Root Double Kickstarter. A lot of people wanted it, but it was hindered by bad tiers and awful PR. The same thing could very well happen to those two VNs if they were kickstarted.

9 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I don't think a lot of people would so eagerly do that. Look at what happened with the Root Double Kickstarter. A lot of people wanted it, but it was hindered by bad tiers and awful PR. The same thing could very well happen to those two VNs if they were kickstarted.

Well, Sekai Project was pretty successful with their Kickstarters so far, even if the one for Root Double was a bit rough. And the same can't exactly be said for the Kickstarter campaigns of a certain other company *cough*ChuSinGura*cough*Beastmaster and Prince*cough*.

And Oretsuba and Tsuriotsu at least have a good enough reputation to attract a good amount of backers.

1 minute ago, ChaosRaven said:

Well, Sekai Project was pretty successful with their Kickstarters so far, even if the one for Root Double was a bit rough. And the same can't exactly be said for the Kickstarter campaigns of a certain other company *cough*ChuSinGura*cough*Beastmaster and Prince*cough*.

And Oretsuba and Tsuriotsu at least have a good enough reputation to attract a good amount of backers.

Root Double's kickstarter being rough is a understatement. The only reason that Kickstarter passed is because Sekai Project fixed their shitty tiers at the last minute.

Root Double also had a good reputation and it's Kickstarter nearly failed. Sekai Project has shown to be able to fuck up even if they have a good following behind the VN that is getting a Kickstarter.

2 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Root Double also had a good reputation and it's Kickstarter nearly failed. Sekai Project has shown to be able to fuck up even if they have a good following behind the VN that is getting a Kickstarter.

How many of their Kickstarters actually have failed? The only one I can remember is the one for this weird... magical boy trap yaoi... whatever thing?!

Though I don't really follow all of their smaller Kickstarter projects. I completely missed the one for Fault - Milestone One and just found out that it had one after I bought the title on Steam. So it's definitely possible that I missed some of their failed Kickstarters.

5 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

How many of their Kickstarters actually have failed? The only one I can remember is the one for this weird... magical boy trap yaoi... whatever thing?!

Though I don't really follow all of their smaller Kickstarter projects. I completely missed the one for Fault - Milestone One and just found out that it had one after I bought the title on Steam. So it's definitely possible that I missed some of their failed Kickstarters.

You're right. Only one Kickstarter has failed. It's just as of late Sekai Project have screwed up a Kickstarter with hype around it.

5 hours ago, Nosebleed said:

I still defend Shuffle due to it being one of the first eroge I've ever played and the title that made me discover and appreciate MangaGamer.

It's bland, generic and cliché, but it delivers what it wants to deliver decently.
Call it a cookie cutter eroge if you will, you know exactly what you're getting, but if you're into it then it's not bad.
I think a lot of the bashing it gets is too unwarranted. There's way worse VNs out there, like Ikikoi.

Also Shuffle Essence+ made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable with the amount of content it added, but now that's never getting translated.

IMO it's mostly due to wrong expectations or just not the thing that people were looking for, in regards to the bashing. I mean I fucking loved Shuffle! and Ikikoi, VNs that people love to shit on a lot, why? Because I had the right expectations about them, and I was actually engaged on what they were trying to deliver, no matter how average or mindless it may seem.So I can only agree that most bashing is unwarranted, however people are entitled to have been expecting something else I suppose, I'll just never stop being the heretic that once gave Shuffle! a 9 (´・ω・`).

If this means MG and Navel have broken things off I'll gladly be another of the few to consider it bad news. Soul Link I found to be an enjoyable little scifi story and Shuffle! I'm willing to defend as being good for a simple moege. It's no classic, but I was entertained.

Still, I can't help but wonder about this announcement. I mean nothing in it seems to hint at things turning sour between the two companies, and isn't it a little strange that only these two are going away and the FDs which have kind of an important connection to one of them are staying? Not to mention both of these games have expanded editions, one of which has been heavily requested, plus both of these expanded releases did originally start out as nonero console ports, and there's still this hint from not too long ago...

you might want to keep your ears tuned for some spirited additions and some double trouble.

Could I be grasping at straws here? Sure, but I can't help but be a bit suspicious <_<

I wouldn't immediately freak out.  They might just need to renegotiate to get them back up there.  Remember this?  It's a bit similar, except without the "we may get them back" blurb at the bottom.  If they were completely cutting ties with MG one would assume all of their titles would be going down, not just two.

2 hours ago, madvanced said:

IMO it's mostly due to wrong expectations or just not the thing that people were looking for, in regards to the bashing. 

[Troll] Consider me suitably chastised. I suppose if I had my time again I'd go into Shuffle expecting a truly crappy experience, and maybe I'll like it more :P  [/Troll]

I will say this of Sekai, I like that they're offering a variety of Japanese products. They don't just do VNs, they do more traditional games, they're branching into manga, that's a good move, imo.