games where only the SCharacter gets a route

Silvz

Imagine something like Koichoco. The main girls are those ones from the cover. But you end up dating Ariake, the "otome" girl.
 The main girls are NOT the heroines, and you'd end up dating characters that usually are the side characters.

You could also think on Dramatical Murder. Instead of one of the MC's, you decided to date one of the gangs guys.

A game like this, where you date side characters and the MCs end as just friends.

1 hour ago, Silvz said:

What I want here is a game tha, instead of the main girls [the ones that always interact with the MC] having routes, the side characters are the ones with routes.

I don't mean fandiscs, I'm talking about the main game from the franchise within.

This game should have what you're looking for.  Also check out this one.

1 hour ago, Fiddle said:

But that's like saying, "I want to engage in long-term sexual activity with a virgin."

not really if there is already a vn where you play as the friend's main character why not engage in a relationship with the "side character heroines", for instance in clannad a route with Sanae (nagisa's mother) in sharin no kuni a route for Kyouko etc

For a game to have side characters, it necessarily needs to have main characters, otherwise those "side characters" become main characters since there's no one else interacting with the protagonist.

What you should be looking for here is a game that has main characters but also has several interesting side character routes.

Now I'm going to be real with you, I did not like this game because I found the 2 main characters and the premise of the story annoying, however it does have 3 side character routes that are far superior: https://vndb.org/v9175

And yes, I know they're listed as main characters, but really they barely matter in the main story during the common route and even when you enter their routes the main conflict with the 2 main girls is still there, so they're still technically the less important characters. What happens is they slowly ascend to heroine status, taking the spot of the 2 main girls. :)

Main characters for me are the ones that interact with the protagonist and the story, that have a relevance and actually matter to the plot. Dating the side characters would not make them more important, it would only make the main girls loose this function of being the protag's date.

Sorry Nosebleed, I cannot read japanese yet ;<