OP and trial for Sakura no Mori † Dreamers is out

Kawasumi

So, the trial and op is out for moonstones newest game, written by Kure that also wrote princess evangile. And holy shit are they trying something new with this one mystery, horror, superpowers and everything, this is gotta be a total hit and miss tbh, havent seen Kure write stuff like this before. The op is really good though but im pretty biased on it since my favorite japanese group Denkare wrote it :sachi: , anyway, is this gonna be good, are you hyped for it?, do you hope that mangagamer is gonna pick this up? Im totally gonna try the trial out later for sure.

About kure, actually his work at Suika had some connection with supranatural thing, so I would like to said that he should didn't had any problem with upped those supranatural thing into horror and mystery, I think. Then again, since Moonstone originated from Circus, who made the VN Da Capo and the supranatural thing with ever blooming sakura, maybe it's not surprised I think.

The reason that I said that had some connection with the spoiler from Suika below. I'll tell the spoiler, and beware if some of you who didn't finish read Suika of the spoiler. Once again, below is a spoiler, and if some of you played Suika and find that the structure like ef, it was because ef director also Suika director, and he was using the same concept as Suika to ef. ONCE AGAIN BEWARE OF SPOILER FROM SUIKA BELOW.

Spoiler

In Suika, kure wrote chapter 1 and 3. Chapter 1 deal with the dead MC crush (Actually, the crush also love MC too), and the crush ghost was meeting with MC. Oh, the crush had the twin sister who also loved MC, and crazy mother who spoke about resurrection of the dead and always fighting with her husband (The mother maybe headmistress from Evangile inspiration, I think). Chapter 3 deal with another MC who had 2 girls who had crush on him (VN Logic here), and I'd read the spoiler that both of the girls had slightly unhealthy obsession to MC, or so I'd read and it end up quite a mess. Note that obsession and spirit usually good ingredients for mystery subject as far as I remember.

I think that's the explanation about Kure from me. And for the seiyuu, we got Fujimori Yukina and Ai Shimizu (What's with her pseudonym this time? Century?). The OP was good, and I think that's all I could think of this VN for now. Not that this VN would had high chance to be translated in this year actually anyway.

Ahahaha, Moonstone and the writer of PE doing this is absolutely hilarious!  Completely out of left field.  Not gonna say it doesn't look pretty interesting, though.  Wish I could learn Japanese faster  :vinty:

Description from VNDB:

Not long after he became a sophomore, the protagonist Fukigami Shinji witnessed a ghost in the classroom. A ghost of his classmate, a girl he never exchanged words with. He remembered her face but not her name.

How did she die? What happened to her?

She couldn't speak, but told him anyway. A monster in human skin - a Bodahha - killed her.

More and more incidents started happening around Shinji's hometown of Sakuranomori ever since. Only Shinji and his friends can stop these tragedies. To do that they need to venture into otherworldy realms.

Battlefield lies in "dreams".

In those deep places, innermost parts of humans, Bodahhas lurk.

To protect their home, to protect the ones they love, Sakura Dreamers head into battle.

49 minutes ago, Erogamer said:

Ugh my ears are bleeding after listening to that.  Not sure this is something I would care for.

Here, this'll help clear out your ear blood!

2 hours ago, Erogamer said:

That is the one I really want to see translated. Of course MG will probly do Imouto Paradise 2 next.

Well don't get your hopes up for it, since it only pretends to be a plot game and reverts to the moege level when push comes to shove. As someone who finished it, I hope something better gets translated instead.

Hmm.. the plot summary sounds like freddie invades psychonauts with an eastern twist. Which largely means slice of life highschool drama! lol maybe. I'll watch the video later.

But I must say the writer being of evangile "fame" doesn't get my hopes up. Though tbh I don't know how it works in the VN industry. Does a writer present/submit a rough script for consideration or does a VN company simply brainstorm some rough ideas of a scenario and have the writers flesh it out? Well, putting aside VN's adopted from manga/light novels/anime/etc. If the writer typically comes up with the whole scenario on his own then I feel justified in being a little hesitant about this writers work. If instead the writer has to work within the confines of a scenario others come up with I guess I can sympathize a bit.