A Look Forward Into 2016

VirginSmasher

It's the new year now and last year was a big jump in visual novels being brought over to the west officially. Yes, we had our trash like the Sakura games and High School Romance plaguing the image of visual novels as a whole, but we had our massive releases like Clannad, Grisaia no Kajitsu, G Senjou No Maou, Kara No Shoujo 2, Gahkthun, and fan translations like Majikoi, Noble Works, Koichoco, and a lot of others. There were also massive announcements for official TLs of Subahibi, Umineko, Root Double, and new visual novels being released in English as well as Japanese, mainly Harmonia.

But now, it is time to look forward to the future and our wishes for it.  My wishes for translations and releases include Subahibi, Root Double, Flower, Muv Luv, Little Busters, and a lot more. Hopefully Yosuga no Sora will come out this year as well (Let me dream). My wishful translations are a really good White Album 2 translation, Angel Beats because I love Key, Aiyoku no Eustia, more Eushully novels, Baldr Sky series, and Dies Irae but most of these are extremely wishful thinking. My wishes for this year is that Japan sees the west as more of an opportunity for them so that we can get more translations from there.

Which visual novels do you want a full release of this year? Which visual novels do you wish would get announced for a translation this year?

21 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Baldr Sky, Dies Irae, and Muv-Luv came into mind first. Will definitely re-read the Muv-Luv. 

Then Angel Beats, although I don't read any Key's VN beside Little Busters, I'm interested in Angel Beats. 

The reason I'm waiting for Muv Luv and LB is because it basically gives me a giant reason to read them.

Sengo Muramasa (delayed two years already, so who knows if it will actually come out..)

Tokyo Necro

The new Shugo no Tate (sequel)

Hataraku Otona no Renai Jijou

Kadenz Formata

Ruri no Ie (if Skyfish doesn't turn it into a nukige)

Wizard Links (if they don't screw it up)

Maitetsu (Monobeno was good despite being a lolige, so maybe)

Shoujo Tachi ha Kouya wo Mezasu

Akeiro Kaikitan

Otome ga Irodoro Koi no Essence (because I can't resist Ensemble games after Koi no Canvas)

The 18+ version of Sengoku Koihime

Chuuni Hime no Teikoku (on the hopes it will make me laugh as much as Chuuning Lover did)

Tayutama 2 (why the hell did they delay this four months?)

Sankai Ou no Yubiwa (new Eushully)

Seiken Tsukai no Proposition

As a vague hope... the Tsukihime remake?

8 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Sengo Muramasa (delayed two years already, so who knows if it will actually come out..)

Tokyo Necro

The new Shugo no Tate (sequel)

Hataraku Otona no Renai Jijou

Kadenz Formata

Ruri no Ie (if Skyfish doesn't turn it into a nukige)

Wizard Links (if they don't screw it up)

Maitetsu (Monobeno was good despite being a lolige, so maybe)

Shoujo Tachi ha Kouya wo Mezasu

Akeiro Kaikitan

Otome ga Irodoro Koi no Essence (because I can't resist Ensemble games after Koi no Canvas)

The 18+ version of Sengoku Koihime

Chuuni Hime no Teikoku (on the hopes it will make me laugh as much as Chuuning Lover did)

Tayutama 2 (why the hell did they delay this four months?)

Sankai Ou no Yubiwa (new Eushully)

Seiken Tsukai no Proposition

As a vague hope... the Tsukihime remake?

Is this for translations for us English only plebs or is this the good releases in Japan this year?

15 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Ones I'm interested in for the upcoming year from Japan.

Your posts never fail to to impress me. I just know you're going to recommend something I can't read :) Please continue..

This last year has been phenomenal in regards to translations.. Kickstarter has started something BIG. I can see a lot more Japanese developers jumping on this train. I only hope the market doesn't get too saturated and in turn make some good projects fail.

12 minutes ago, Mugi said:

I just hope the LB EX translation finishes up this year

But I know that isn't going to happen :amane:

Yeah. It'd be nice to have some more loli h scenes for the lolicons out there.

2 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I really hope more Japanese developers do jump on the train... to be honest, it is pretty obvious they need to develop new markets, and there are a lot of companies that have unexploited VN 'gold mines' in their collection of IPs.

Yes. Some of the visual novels in your recommended section look great and it sucks to know I have to learn a whole other language for that. Even though I'll probably end up doing that anyways.

44 minutes ago, Clephas said:

As a vague hope... the Tsukihime remake?

Tsukihime, I haven't read it yet, but somehow get interested in it after watching Carnival Phantasm anime. I will wait for its remake rather than playing the original version. 

And there is Tokyo Babel, something with Christian mythology elements. I wonder if this VN is good. 

1 minute ago, gijimu said:

Tsukihime, I haven't read it yet, but somehow get interested in it after watching Carnival Phantasm anime. I will wait for its remake rather than playing the original version. 

And there is Tokyo Babel, something with Christian mythology elements. I wonder if this VN is good. 

Trust me, you'll be waiting longer than it takes for JAST to finish translating 10 visual novels before that Tsukihime remake gets a release date.

Really hope that Angel Beats gets annoucned for a translation.

Another one I would like translated is Tayutama. Give me all the kitsune heroines! :pyaa:

As for releases I'm looking forward to, Harmonia.

I would love to see Grisaia no Rakuen come out this year, but we probably won't even see Meikyuu for months so thats extremly unlikely.

6 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

Trust me, you'll be waiting longer than it takes for JAST to finish translating 10 visual novels before that Tsukihime remake gets a release date.

Will Tsukihime remake's release get postponed that long? Too bad then, it will belong to same category as Baldr Sky and Dies Irae, which is more of 'wish for them to get released/translated'. 

Also, I remember that Aokana translation patch will get released soon, which is nice. 

3 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:
  Hide contents

c8b.gif

Carnival Phantasm is a crossover of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, and hilarious parody of them. Seeing Tsukihime in an anime version makes me don't really want to play original Tsukihime at all. 

6 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Carnival Phantasm is a crossover of Fate/Stay Night and Tsukihime, and hilarious parody of them. Seeing Tsukihime in an anime version makes me don't really want to play original Tsukihime at all. 

Oh, I know, I just post that gif whenever anyone says "Tsukihime" and "anime" in the same sentence.  It's one of my favorite traditions.

4 minutes ago, Deep Blue said:

I look forward to improve my japanese so I can actually play more vns other than simple dramas... :vinty:

I can second that if high school ever lets me get to it.

10 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

I would love to see Grisaia no Rakuen come out this year, but we probably won't even see Meikyuu for months so thats extremly unlikely.

I would love to see both soon. I predict that Meikyuu will be out late this year and Rakuen will be out sometime in 2019.

24 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Tokyo Babel is definitely something to look forward to.  In fact, it is (or will be) probably the most chuuni-ish chuunige to get translated, lol.

Ugh, seeing the word chuunige really makes me lost interest of Tokyo Babel.  :amane:

15 minutes ago, VirginSmasher said:

I would love to see both soon. I predict that Meikyuu will be out late this year and Rakuen will be out sometime in 2019.

It means I have to hold myself from watching the anime until 2019 if this is true. I really hoped to see both soon, too. 

No one is hoping for Miagete Goran and Konosora fandisc translation, I guess? 

10 minutes ago, gijimu said:

It means I have to hold myself from watching the anime until 2019 if this is true. I really hoped to see both soon, too. 

No one is hoping for Miagete Goran and Konosora fandisc translation, I guess? 

Don't watch the anime. They destroyed that adaptation so badly that's completely unrecognizable. By the time it was finished, it had felt like you had just watched your waifu go through a guro NTR rape tentacle mindbreak hentai. Maybe I'm exaggerating, but that's how I felt.

Miagete Goran looks good because of the ratings and maybe if it's really popular in Japan, it can come over here someday. Considering how well IMHHW did over here, hopefully they'll think to bring it over again. Just this time, please don't hyper edit the shit out of it.

Edited by VirginSmasher

16 minutes ago, gijimu said:

Ugh, seeing the word chuunige really makes me lost interest of Tokyo Babel.  :amane:

Hey, what's wrong with chuuni?  :vinty:

But yeah, if you want to read Tsukihime, just read the original.  The remake will probably come out in a few years or so, if ever.  Don't expect it anytime soon.