Best Game of 2015

solidbatman

Well, as long as no one mentions Undertale for "best game of 2015" (God forbid :makina:) i think almost anything can be called best of 2015.

As for me... Necrodancer or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth i suppose? I'm a fan of roguelikes and such

I haven't bought many games (of) this year, admittedly.
No, wait, I almost never buy games the same year they come out. Why do I have to pay full price when i can wait till it gets decently discounted? :nervous:

Edited by Kradar

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re-Birth Triology.

True if we are talking only about western games then maybe Pillars, true this was a rather week year for western games, on the other hand there ware many great JRPG ports on steam. Then Again even if it wasn't such a week year for western games they still don't really sand a chase against JRPGs anyway.

True if we are talking only about western games then maybe Pillars, true this was a rather week year for western games, on the other hand there ware many great JRPG ports on steam. Then Again even if it wasn't such a week year for western games they still don't really sand a chase against JRPGs anyway.

Hyperdimension Neptunia games, while fun, are hardly quality games. Poorly balanced, with bad stories, and grinding gameplay only offset by a fun battle system, and some fun console/game related references that the series has sadly drifted away from. 

JRPG ports on steam do not count unless the game is remastered in a way that changes the original game significantly (ie. System Shock Enhanced would count due to the addition of mouse aiming). Aside from one or two jrpg releases (TitS 2 for example) it was a weak release year for JRPGs and they are overshadowed by major releases like MGSV, Mad Max, Fallout 4, etc.

The only 2015 games I've played on my Vita are Hyperdimension Re, Corpse Party BD, and Atelier Ayesha Plus, so my vote goes to Atelier

Won't get around to Witcher 3 / Fallout 4 until years later cuz my lappy couldn't even play Geralt from Varela at lowest settings without dying a horrible, horrible death

Well, as long as no one mentions Undertale for "best game of 2015" (God forbid :makina:) i think almost anything can be called best of 2015.

As for me... Necrodancer or The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth i suppose? I'm a fan of roguelikes and such

No, wait, I almost never buy games the same year they come out. Why do I have to pay full price when i can wait till it gets decently discounted? :nervous:

TBOI Rebirth was released last year. It was the expansion pack, Afterbirth, that was released in 2015.

That said, I played very few things that released this year. My GOTY right now (though Danganronpa 2 would surpass both but I can't remember if I played it this year) is either The World Ends With You or Planescape: Torment. Honestly wasn't all that enamored by TWEWY, or maybe I was so enjoying it I didn't realize that I was. Anyways I don't remember much else I played this year that I was utterly blown away by. Ace Attorney?

...If only I could remember when I played some stuff...

Undertale is very good and definitely a candidate. The Witcher 3 is probably actual GOTY, though.

Hyperdimension Neptunia games, while fun, are hardly quality games. Poorly balanced, with bad stories, and grinding gameplay only offset by a fun battle system, and some fun console/game related references that the series has sadly drifted away from. 

JRPG ports on steam do not count unless the game is remastered in a way that changes the original game significantly (ie. System Shock Enhanced would count due to the addition of mouse aiming). Aside from one or two jrpg releases (TitS 2 for example) it was a weak release year for JRPGs and they are overshadowed by major releases like MGSV, Mad Max, Fallout 4, etc.

The story in Neptunia is really great and unique as well as characters and if you get the way you should be playing it it is not unbalanced at all, whoever says that Neptunia is unbalanced clearly didn't play any really unbalanced games and there is hardly much grinding. True it is True that English translation is awful so people who play it in English are missing on at least half of it's charm, and that this is game that is aimed at hardcore otaku witch already makes it better then western stuff. Also Re-birth 3 did come out this year so it's still counts.

The only reason why MGSV, Mad Max, Fallout 4, etc. are considered major releases are because of their budget and marketing in terms of quality they are hardly even worth mentioning, especially not in the same conversation where we talk about quality JRPGs.