Full screen vs Window

Secchan

32 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the fullscreen option?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Just curious how many people actually use the full screen option that comes in the game. Since it exist i guess some people out there might use it. I personally find it useless cause most of the games are 800x600.

Recently there have games that are increasing in res but i could just be spoiled with 1920x1080 so full screening just makes it worse.

Always. My screen is small, and I think it helps immersion.

Also, by using full screen I can get a bit farther from the screen and then I can read faster.

But I'm not used to 1080p though, because my computer can't handle 1080p anime/movies.

I've been playing VNs for about 6 months, and in all this time I'm using full screen with Rewrite for the first time.

Until now I always played with window mode, but seeing how big Rewrite's window is, I just thought I might as well play full screen.

The general answer would be no, because this is the first VN I play in full screen

I generally feel it hurts immersion a lot to not have the vn fullscreen. I have a 1366x788 or something screen on my faptop, so the stretching isn't hugely noticeable. That said, I greatly prefer for the game to preserve its aspect ratio and use black borders.

well I got a nonwide screen to bed just so I can play in fullscreen and don't have to worry about it being stretched xD And I might be getting second screen to bed for widescreen vs too (and movies and anime etc - but I don't mind the black bars on bottom, I do mind on sides though)

I tend to switch a lot. If I'm reading a H-scene I ofc use window mode it so I just can click outside the window in case someone walks by. If the scene isn't terribly exiting I also tend to use window so I can multitask. Otherwise I'm full screen all the way even though I have a desktop (yeah even with 800x600 VN's). Though obviously I read with black borders. Resized artwork doesn't hurt my eyes that much but stretched artwork is the horror.

I use fullscreen most of the time because I don't want to get distracted by the other windows/programs while I'm reading. When I replay VNs that I finished, though, I switch to a window since I just skim through the scenes.

Until now I always played with window mode, but seeing how big Rewrite's window is, I just thought I might as well play full screen.

The general answer would be no, because this is the first VN I play in full screen

Basically what I did. On newer vns in 720p, the resizing is not horribly noticeable so it's worth the fullscreen. However, I cannot stand stretched artwork. >__<