What are you playing?

still reading "Reitou Kizakura Ouka no Ken to Madoiryuu Shou" and definitely not dissappointed.

love its medieval setting & the fights. music is also quite nice

character i like the most is queen erishia with her shota fetish

So... I was too busy reading Baldr Sky last night to comprehend such base instincts like the need to sleep.

It has hooked me as hard as Umineko has... which is quite impressive, I must say.

When Kou and Rain visit what is left of Kou's hometown, and the Grey Christmas explanation... well.. "Here Lino, have some feels."

Currently going through Eden* instead of the other stuff I got queued up cuz I'm in the mood for something short.

Enjoying the Lots of Event CGs aspect; really makes the scenes feel more lively.

Plot kinda feels like Rewrite-Terra all over again with the whole

World is ending and there's this super important individual that you have to protect or kill

I finished Kanon during my absence and I'm not sure how I feel about it. All of the endings left me more or less dumbfounded and I wasn't a fan of the pacing at all. The artwork I did enjoy but it couldn't carry the lack of romance I felt between the characters. Nayuki's and Shiori's routes had the most flirting/lovey dovey stuff but it felt short lived and yeah I couldn't get into it. 

The last route I played was Mai's/Sayuri's. I was looking forward to this one the most but I felt really let down by the end of it. Honestly I think I am dumb because the ending for Mai's route was like what the fuck? 

She stabbed herself to my knowledge then Yuuichi had a pointless "dream" about the future with Mai and Sayuri. Then we see some of Mai's past (which I didn't like to much but I guess it kinda fits there) and then boom! We are month or two ahead with what I assume is Mai and Sayuri's graduation. Mai recovered from her wound as well as Sayuri but we don't nything that happened in between or at least for me what actually happened the night Mai stabbed herself. So, I am left here with a question mark above my head like a dunce. If anyone knows what actually went on in Kanon then please let me the fuck know. I'm pretty sure it revolves around some super natural phenomenon but I have no idea why or how...

In other news I started Majikoi and it is one of my favorites for sure. I fell in love with it as soon as I started it up and it has not dissapointed me thus far. The only route's I have left are Chris's normal route and then Mayucchi's and Chris's after routes. The art style is amazing and all the characters are hilarious and feel alive. Normally the action puts me off for sometime but in Majikoi it felt really good and was fun to read. 

>read only a small part of the prologue

>likes sachi as the best girl already

you may want to be careful,zeno.  :makina:

Nah, Sachi ain't my waifu, she's just best girl.  Everyone is free to love the glorious Sachi :mare:

GGnxYYh.gif

Good luck.

(Spoiler alert, CG from Meikyuu or Rakuen, dunno which one)

41d03cc0.jpg

just started playing grisaia thanks to my wonderful imouto who got me hooked on it. 

So far, Sachi is the best girl ,nya.

Get ready for dem feels.  Her route doesn't hit as hard as Amane's, but it gets damn close.  That ending made me cry for quite a while, and I still tear up thinking about how beautiful it was.

Currently on Gakuto's route in Majikoi.  Also finished Moro's route, but it had a little too much, well, cookie-cutter self-deprecation for my taste.  Pretty much the only thing that happened in the entire route.  Worst side route so far, in my opinion.

I finished Kanon during my absence and I'm not sure how I feel about it. All of the endings left me more or less dumbfounded and I wasn't a fan of the pacing at all. The artwork I did enjoy but it couldn't carry the lack of romance I felt between the characters. Nayuki's and Shiori's routes had the most flirting/lovey dovey stuff but it felt short lived and yeah I couldn't get into it. 

The last route I played was Mai's/Sayuri's. I was looking forward to this one the most but I felt really let down by the end of it. Honestly I think I am dumb because the ending for Mai's route was like what the fuck? 

She stabbed herself to my knowledge then Yuuichi had a pointless "dream" about the future with Mai and Sayuri. Then we see some of Mai's past (which I didn't like to much but I guess it kinda fits there) and then boom! We are month or two ahead with what I assume is Mai and Sayuri's graduation. Mai recovered from her wound as well as Sayuri but we don't nything that happened in between or at least for me what actually happened the night Mai stabbed herself. So, I am left here with a question mark above my head like a dunce. If anyone knows what actually went on in Kanon then please let me the fuck know. I'm pretty sure it revolves around some super natural phenomenon but I have no idea why or how...

I highly recommend watching the 2006 Kanon anime series by Kyoto Animation (note: there is another, older Kanon anime adaptation; don't watch it). The 2006 Kanon anime:

1) Makes more sense than the VN

2) Looks a lot better than the VN

3) Has a very enjoyable dub, if you are interested in that angle (Brittney Karbowski as Ayu :wub: )

I really enjoy the Kanon anime; I didn't think the VN is especially great. Granted, I did watch the anime first, but this isn't just a nostalgia thing - it's genuinely a lot better than the VN.

Keep in mind that Kanon is from 1999, so it probably hasn't aged especially well... the anime has held up quite well, though.

I highly recommend watching the 2006 Kanon anime series by Kyoto Animation (note: there is another, older Kanon anime adaptation; don't watch it). The 2006 Kanon anime:

1) Makes more sense than the VN

2) Looks a lot better than the VN

3) Has a very enjoyable dub, if you are interested in that angle (Brittney Karbowski as Ayu :wub: )

I really enjoy the Kanon anime; I didn't think the VN is especially great. Granted, I did watch the anime first, but this isn't just a nostalgia thing - it's genuinely a lot better than the VN.

Keep in mind that Kanon is from 1999, so it probably hasn't aged especially well... the anime has held up quite well, though.

Can't remember her name - but I found the cousin was a really sweet character, her route did a decent job at tugging at my heart.

Otherwise it's a fairly "reactive" vn, More for feels than thoughts, heh. (true Key fashion, basically)

nah theres sadly nothing what you disire, therefore i strongly recommend using a flowerchart or the vndb guide after playing one time through without, it definitely saves time & is good for your nerves.

Random question about YU-NO. Is there really no back log, or a way to skip? I guess it really is a '97 game... I can deal with every other dated aspect of its design, but I like all the interface conveniences of modern VNs.

Wow, that's...crappy.  Whenever I read an older VN I realize just how spoiled the newer ones have made me.

nah theres sadly nothing what you disire, therefore i strongly recommend using a flowerchart or the vndb guide after playing one time through without, it definitely saves time & is good for your nerves.

That's what I intend to do. The main problem though is the lack of skip function. So I guess I just have to do a whooole lot of clicking past repeat text when I go to do other routes. I guess the good news is that looking at the chart, the branch points are relatively early.

Also sometimes I double click a line and welp, guess I'll never read that.

Got another bad end in Forest.

That Chapter VII: Treasure bad end screwed me up. I totally did not expect that. I don't know what'll happen when I don't get a bad end, but apparently, Akeru had sex with Kako before she died and gave birth to Black Alice. Then Amamori jumps off the building. What the fuck. It was good though. The way that he said that they're Alice, the White Knight, and Humpty Dumpty. When Amamori jumped off, I finally understood what she wanted to say when she said, 'do you think there's also a different world inside each one of us?' Makes me want to reread.

Get ready for dem feels.  Her route doesn't hit as hard as Amane's, but it gets damn close.  That ending made me cry for quite a while, and I still tear up thinking about how beautiful it was.

Currently on Gakuto's route in Majikoi.  Also finished Moro's route, but it had a little too much, well, cookie-cutter self-deprecation for my taste.  Pretty much the only thing that happened in the entire route.  Worst side route so far, in my opinion.

Currently playing the great Dies Irae. Specifically, the Acta Est Fabula edition since I want the uncut content. Though, I plan to go through the slightly bothersome process of reading the other version for the extra content in that version, but that's put aside for later because I just want to experience everything I possibly can now. And then some.

My impression of DI is that it's fantastic mostly due to how cool it is to read it. Pretty much.