What are you playing?

This is a consequence of how the routes are formed, usually, they'd have a common route which then, at one point in time, splits off into various different routes and endings. Together, these routes hint at the true end, which will be unlocked after you finish all routes (or in a sequel), or which when joined together explain the story. 

This particular visual novel has a different way of doing it. Up until you branch off, everything is the true route. You could, if you wanted, start with Haru's route.  You then have 3 points in time where you branch off, when you do, the main story get's thrown in the garbage bin and continuity goes to hell. At the same time, they are also used to induce misconceptions onto you, so that if you do them as they come, you can be led into thinking incorrectly at later segments and get surprised by certain twists.

Don't be bringin' any of that logic hippie shit into this conversation, Zeno. When you make a bold claim like best girl, you've got to be willing to let things get ugly. :ph34r:

On topic: I read a little bit of Hoshimemo last night to whet my appetite for when I begin it proper. I didn't read a whole lot, it was sort of charming. I like Chinami... so far. We'll see how this oniichan business wears on over the course of the entire title.

Don't be bringin' any of that logic hippie crap into this conversation, Zeno. When you make a bold claim like best girl, you've got to be willing to let things get ugly. :ph34r:

On topic: I read a little bit of Hoshimemo last night to whet my appetite for when I begin it proper. I didn't read a whole lot, it was sort of charming. I like Chinami... so far. We'll see how this oniichan business wears on over the course of the entire title.

Don't be bringin' any of that logic hippie shit into this conversation, Zeno. When you make a bold claim like best girl, you've got to be willing to let things get ugly. :ph34r:

Currently playing Grisaia no Kajitsu, let me tell you this vn is long as hell, it look me a few days to get to the first choice since it's loaded with dialogues.

But wait!  There's more!  Seriously, the first choice doesn't even let you into Makina's route, which is the first available route.

If you're going to complete the entire visual novel, it's better to end on the strongest route. I try to do that even for titles without an enforced playing order. Leaves the best taste in your mouth.

I know, but still, it's kind of irritating.  From what I've heard, the other routes aren't that good compared to Kagome's, so I'm a little bummed about that.

Marketing strategy  :lol:  good luck with the Loli route 

PxcRmPF.jpg

It's funny, I have an account here, but don't really care for lolis.

+1 for the awesome Sachi pic with an appropriate title.

But wait!  There's more!  Seriously, the first choice doesn't even let you into Makina's route, which is the first available route.

I know, but still, it's kind of irritating.  From what I've heard, the other routes aren't that good compared to Kagome's, so I'm a little bummed about that.

It's funny, I have an account here, but don't really care for lolis.

+1 for the awesome Sachi pic with an appropriate title.

Don't worry the others routes are really good themselves, even if they can't match Kagome's awesomeness imo. (except Ayaya's who isn't really good but there is a hilarious joke herein so it's worth it !)

And if you're only interested in Kagome it's not a problem because Comyu's route are more plot focused than heroine focused contrary to what you may think.

Don't worry the others routes are really good themselves, even if they can't match Kagome's awesomeness imo. (except Ayaya's who isn't really good but there is a hilarious joke herein so it's worth it !)

And if you're only interested in Kagome it's not a problem because Comyu's route are more plot focused than heroine focused contrary to what you may think.

that maid's tits appear in any route you take anyway so don't worry, you'll always be golden

^ on a different note the only real thing to dislike in comyu is yourself. Izawa's thug game too strong doe. It's one of the few VNs i've read where the only real downside to the story is the Protagonist because most of the other characters are portrayed quite nicely (Benio being the exception to that statement). Babylon is love, Babylon is life 

that maid's tits appear in any route you take anyway so don't worry, you'll always be golden

^ on a different note the only real thing to dislike in comyu is yourself. Izawa's thug game too strong doe. It's one of the few VNs i've read where the only real downside to the story is the Protagonist because most of the other characters are portrayed quite nicely (Benio being the exception to that statement). Babylon is love, Babylon is life 

I don't think so, especially about Benio. She's not my favorite character but the fact that she is a totally innocent girl from a wealthy family dragged in a dark world against her will and the way her ideals are shaken up all along the story is appreciable, she was necessary in the group. About Akihito I see many people who dislikes him, it's true that he isn't "extreme" like people in his coµ and Kagome which make him more bland than the others (who are, like you said, very well built for the most part) but as a MC he isn't bad, he has some retarded scenes but he catches up with all of his background, his relation with Gasai and his cynical behavior, not a top-tier MC but at least he's far from being a flaw.

I will stop here I don't want to deviate the thread too much time.

Am I the only one that liked Akihito's hypocritical and cynical behavior? Yeah we could argue that as a male character Gasai was much more likable, but Akihito fitted the spot this time around in my opinion. Flawed characters are always the best characters, they transmit much more realism and feeling.

Now getting this derailed train on track, I'm still entering Shizuru's route because today I made no progress on rewrite. I'm gonna try to make progress tonight/tomorrow.

bit off track for a sec but i just wanna point out ( my personal opinion only) i wouldn't really see the need for a flawed character in a world where i can summon my own dragon O.O. I think a funny sadistic OP one would have fit the bill with so much justice around him then you could color him pink a little with a generic design flaw but not too much. If He was in a normal type setting he would have been a great MC for me though. Sometimes i fantasize have Yuuji, Kenichi or Maou as the MC for comyu, i would have played the shit out of that. #finalofftopic

On a new topic: is there any way to play Meikyuu without waiting on Koestl, learning japanese or kidnapping solidbatman and forcing him to voice it to me?

Am I the only one that liked Akihito's hypocritical and cynical behavior? Yeah we could argue that as a male character Gasai was much more likable, but Akihito fitted the spot this time around in my opinion. Flawed characters are always the best characters, they transmit much more realism and feeling.

Now getting this derailed train on track, I'm still entering Shizuru's route because today I made no progress on rewrite. I'm gonna try to make progress tonight/tomorrow.

I think Akihito could really use a voice actor, honestly. He needed to be seperated from the reader more. He's not really meant to be someone to sympathize with or anything, he's a really flawed and angry individual with a hundred problems with him, but I don't really think he's a knock on the story.

Honestly, his core belief of the Gentle Kingdom (fuck this translation seriously) is part of the reason why I find comyu succeeds. Without his ranting and his talks of the world, Comyu would honestly be just a fairly generic shounen story.