What are you playing?

It was a draw, but Wanko couldn't make it to the final round and lost the challenge.

Her route was pretty heart-wrenching, but I wouldn't say I wasn't happy with the ending. It wrapped up really nicely.

Still need to finish the side routes. Moro's a good guy and all, but I don't really care about his character that much. :jinpou: How are the other side routes?

to be honest i skipped moro and Gakuto routes. I tried Moro's route but it was just to boring. Have not tried Gakuto yet.

The others are " decent" as long as you don't have really high expectations. :P

managed to finish chu singura (,main game) & chrono clock, as well. still re-reading evolimit, but taking my time with it. apart from that i´m absolutely not in the mood reading anything else @the moment & until tokyo necro is going to be released (or something happens to my broken mind) i´ll spend my whole 2months of holidays translating LN (s?)

Still need to finish the side routes. Moro's a good guy and all, but I don't really care about his character that much. :jinpou: How are the other side routes?

Moro's route is pretty emo, and was quite irritating for me to read.  Gakuto's route is much better, IMO, since it focuses on humor.  One of the better side routes, in my opinion.  Capt's route fits his character pretty well, I hated Chika's because I hate Chika, Mayo's just felt like an excuse to have loli h-scenes, and obviously Umeko's is just fap material.  Overall they're pretty meh, with a few good ones.  I haven't read the Agave route yet, which I've heard is amazing.

I finished Comyu today, I absolutely had to finish it before Witcher 3 releases. Totono will have to wait, I have this feeling that the time dedicated for reading visual novels will disappear at least for a week.

Overall Comyu was pretty enjoyable experience. Especially the final route was really engaging and brought good conclusion.

That epilogue scene with whole gang posing as a "superhero" team was really cool. I've always liked the unclear "what happened afterwards" epilogues.

Still the Heroine 2 route with bad ending was my favorite.

Moro's route is pretty emo, and was quite irritating for me to read.  Gakuto's route is much better, IMO, since it focuses on humor.  One of the better side routes, in my opinion.  Capt's route fits his character pretty well, I hated Chika's because I hate Chika, Mayo's just felt like an excuse to have loli h-scenes, and obviously Umeko's is just fap material.  Overall they're pretty meh, with a few good ones.  I haven't read the Agave route yet, which I've heard is amazing.

She is! Iyo is almost the best grill. 

I do mean the route, because it is just 10 minutes of text and a sex scene. And a weird one at that. It's actually laughable to place this short of a side route right into the "common path" of S.

Contrarily, the secret premium route was also short, but atleast the H-Scene was super long and fantastic and pretty much the best thing ever

That's what I was hoping you meant  :P  Iyo best side girl, hands down.  By the way, if you're looking for best grill, Google told me that this is it.  Wanna fight over best grill?

Eh, I didn't really like Premium Grill (are we being secretive about the character's name? :ph34r:), so I didn't really like the route.  Absolutely no plot, but at least they didn't try and shoehorn it in and pretend it wasn't just fap material.  Decent plot, though :makina:

So...I'm finally getting back to Momoyo's route. 

I'm at the Kawakami War, which seemed a little ridiculous in the first place, but then the Pitcher and Softball Units appeared, and all possibility of this not being absolutely ridiculous went out the window.  Gotta admit, that was pretty damn funny, though.

Just got on to my first route of Fortissimo. So far it is pretty formulaic chuuni, but I hear it gets better later on. Of course, the OST and artwork is still absolutely awesome (my qualms with the forward facing sprites are now null)... and it seems to be pretty well written, although I may not be the best judge of that, as I am still but a fledgling in my Japanese studies. ^_^

Really?  Thought it was for some reason.  Herp derp.

I was about to say the same thing. I'd even go so far as to call it the "main route" of the game because of how everything comes together in the end. And yes, it is pretty great. I went right to Agave after finishing all the main heroine routes.

I think I'll go ahead and just skip Moro's route. I can see myself liking Gakuto's and Capt's routes, so I'll give them a go. I'll probably pass on Umeko since I don't really care about her. I kinda somewhat like Chika (she's not too bad in Agave), so I'll give her route a shot and drop it if it gets frustrating. Mayo... well... let's just say.... yeah. Teeku

I'm at the Kawakami War, which seemed a little ridiculous in the first place, but then the Pitcher and Softball Units appeared, and all possibility of this not being absolutely ridiculous went out the window.  Gotta admit, that was pretty damn funny, though.

The possibility of Momoyo's route not being ridiculous should have been out the window before you even started her route. :Kappa:

(are we being secretive about the character's name? :ph34r:)

To have the right amount of secrecy is also premium. premiumfaceemoticongykkg.png

I love how almost all of the spriteless sidecharacters appear in every route to do something completely different. Majikoi is so perfect.

I was about to say the same thing. I'd even go so far as to call it the "main route" of the game because of how everything comes together in the end. And yes, it is pretty great. I went right to Agave after finishing all the main heroine routes.

I think I'll go ahead and just skip Moro's route. I can see myself liking Gakuto's and Capt's routes, so I'll give them a go. I'll probably pass on Umeko since I don't really care about her. I kinda somewhat like Chika (she's not too bad in Agave), so I'll give her route a shot and drop it if it gets frustrating. Mayo... well... let's just say.... yeah. Teeku

The possibility of Momoyo's route not being ridiculous should have been out the window before you even started her route. :Kappa:

I just thought of everything that wasn't a Kazama Family heroine route as a side route  :sleep:

Skipping Moro's route is a good idea if you don't like the whole melancholic, brooding self-doubting bits that used to be popular, for some reason.  As for Chika's route...if you want to actually like her in it, do her route before Gakuto's, because if you do Gakuto's before her's, you will most likely end up hating her.  I shall not say anything further.

I knew it was gonna get silly, I just didn't know exactly when, which is why I was so unprepared for that  xD  God, it's getting even sillier.

To have the right amount of secrecy is also premium. premiumfaceemoticongykkg.png

I love how almost all of the spriteless sidecharacters appear in every route to do something completely different. Majikoi is so perfect.

Preeeemiuum.  Gotta enunciate it right.

Right?  I actually recognized most of them so far, or at least I think I did.  I'll have to reread the routes again to be sure, though.  Wonder how the guys at Minatosoft kept track of all of them.

Skipping Moro's route is a good idea if you don't like the whole melancholic, brooding self-doubting bits that used to be popular, for some reason.  As for Chika's route...if you want to actually like her in it, do her route before Gakuto's, because if you do Gakuto's before her's, you will most likely end up hating her.  I shall not say anything further.

Preeeemiuum.  Gotta enunciate it right.

Yeah, Moro's character is good in small doses, but not so much when he's the main focus. Weird analogy, but it's kinda like putting too much whip cream on a dessert. And alright, I'll be sure to do that.

You guys are driving me nuts with that preeeemiuum shtick. I probably won't be able to hear that word without associating it with Kosugi anymore. :amane:

Yeah, Moro's character is good in small doses, but not so much when he's the main focus. Weird analogy, but it's kinda like putting too much whip cream on a dessert. And alright, I'll be sure to do that.

You guys are driving me nuts with that preeeemiuum shtick. I probably won't be able to hear that word without associating it with Kosugi anymore. :amane:

Well, by himself he's just not funny.  The straight man isn't funny without the funny man.  The problem is, though, that they tried to make his life have drama in it, and it just doesn't work, at all.  Sure, he's pitiable, but that's not what they seemed to be aiming for.

Grumpy_Cat-Good.jpg

So I just finished my first go at Bunny Black on "Deadly to the Touch" difficulty.  For the difficulty itself, after I got past the first hardball curve (level ~15), I rolled through the rest of the game pretty easily.  I ended the game at level 70 with my beginner party fairy touting an impressive level 61.  This fairy is the MVP of my game. Period.  Whenever i got ambushed, and it went to the front lines, it dodged EVERYTHING.  Starting with my Pigmen/Rat/Goo, through the Gargoyles/Pigmen and into the final Avatar party, this Fairy is my highest leveled character by 10.  Even at the final boss, I put the fairy up front, just to see what would happen, and when the boss normal attacked it, it dodged and effectively acted as a tank.

My level progression was something along the lines of capping out my basic slash and command passives. After the equipment and studying passives opened, I only picked the offensive ones to augment my damage even further. Once I got tired of all the 3x3+2 army parties I was seeing, I invested into magic which they were weak against.   Surprise, surprise, the 3x3 AoE magic was fairly level inexpensive, so I got that.  It was around this point that I started leveling up multiple times per dungeon, basically swatting enemies down like flies, even on the higher difficulty areas.  I started wondering if ranged had any 3x3 AoE, so I started dumping points.  About 60 points in, and bingo, I found my magician killer.

As for the story itself, it was pretty incredible to watch Shia 

who was incredibly and totally obvious who she was the first time you see her sister

Chris didnt beat Wanko did she? i believe it ended in a draw - well Wanko won as Chris fell first but Wanko wasnt able to fight anymore for the next round?

i might be wrong its been a while

I was just saying that I expected Chris to beat Wanko before the tournament started, I wasn't that off as Wanko did lose (both lost actually).

I agree with Zeno that I don't really like Miss Premium, and her saying 'premium' again and again just got on my nerves.

Though I don't really like drama, I'll still read Moro's route as  #completionist

And I do think that the Kawakami War was best scene/part of the vn till now.

All those strategies, those ridiculous fight scenes........... The whole thing was just awesome.

So, I decided it's finally the time to read Higurashi since I have no more excuses not to do so now that the retranslation is released.

I was bored and had nothing to do at 3AM so I got this brilliant idea to read it at that time for maximum immersion, but then I heard the game's Main Menu theme. Nopenopenopenope.

I tried reading it again tonight. Seems pretty promising so far. There are some typos here and there ("Hinamizawaza") but it's nothing too major, I guess.

I've only read until the part where

Rena tried to get the Colonel Sanderls(?). Until Keiichi find the magazine.

I haven't seen the photograph though because the tension is too strong and the cicadas' sound is just so.. eerie.

I think I will only read this during the day from now. :sleep:

Also, I love how Rena says "かぁいい~ (sho kyute)".

So I just finished my first go at Bunny Black on "Deadly to the Touch" difficulty.  For the difficulty itself, after I got past the first hardball curve (level ~15), I rolled through the rest of the game pretty easily.  I ended the game at level 70 with my beginner party fairy touting an impressive level 61.  This fairy is the MVP of my game. Period.  Whenever i got ambushed, and it went to the front lines, it dodged EVERYTHING.  Starting with my Pigmen/Rat/Goo, through the Gargoyles/Pigmen and into the final Avatar party, this Fairy is my highest leveled character by 10.  Even at the final boss, I put the fairy up front, just to see what would happen, and when the boss normal attacked it, it dodged and effectively acted as a tank.

My level progression was something along the lines of capping out my basic slash and command passives. After the equipment and studying passives opened, I only picked the offensive ones to augment my damage even further. Once I got tired of all the 3x3+2 army parties I was seeing, I invested into magic which they were weak against.   Surprise, surprise, the 3x3 AoE magic was fairly level inexpensive, so I got that.  It was around this point that I started leveling up multiple times per dungeon, basically swatting enemies down like flies, even on the higher difficulty areas.  I started wondering if ranged had any 3x3 AoE, so I started dumping points.  About 60 points in, and bingo, I found my magician killer.

As for the story itself, it was pretty incredible to watch Shia 

who was incredibly and totally obvious who she was the first time you see her sister

turn from absolute hatred slowly to incredibly lovey.  I'm sure Stockholm syndrome played a role somewhere, but the first time I saw her making an effort, I was like  :kosame: .  For Darx's character, he is the typical badass, but I really liked him more because he was like "I take what I want, and I do it too".  His incredibly crude methods of torturing the women through sex was hilarious, especially the water torture method  :wahaha: . He always starts off incredibly evil if they tried to harm him, but slowly breaks them in on the pleasure, which shows that he cares to some extent about them.  He might just actually be a really high level female philanthropist. On the actual story progression itself, it was pretty typical grunt work the entire way, and littering clues with it.  I really wasn't expecting the final twist that pulled everything together though. 

When he sent Shia away, I was thinking "Good man!", and when she turned around right back at him and said to him "Gimme a sword", I was totally shocked, it really drove home even harder than when she refused to go back with her sister, how much she loved Darx, because earlier she wouldn't fight with him.  This scene also finally explained the biggest problem I had with their relationship so far, and that was how the hell she wasn't pregnant.  The picking up of the sword was also the point when I mused "She's gonna come back and attempt to kick his ass later", and sure enough, it happened in the epilogue.  Speaking of the epilogue, how Forzelotte finally explains how she healed Darx, and why Darx is so important to her, really made me giggle.  Her feelings about not being able to be touched except by Darx, was also super WAFF, but nowhere near when they showed their child.

:kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame:  :kosame: 

On my first run through, I completed 69% of the scenes *snicker* and 77% of the CGs.  What really pissed me off was that somehow I missed one of the everyday life with Shia scenes near the end.

Onto NG+ while inhereting my:

Super sniper Ogre Girl

Frenzy Fighter Tifur

Super Ultra AoE Mage Triclops (it doesn't show it, but she has 3 different 3x3 AoE elements  :michiru: )

Slippery Slime

Master Medic Ambrosia

Hopefully I can 100% the Scenes and CGs this time around.

Just finished Arcueid's route(both endings) in Tsukihime.  I enjoyed it, though I do believe Nasu improved his writing with Fate.  Also, definitely feeling the absence of voices, though that did mean that I was able to read a lot faster.  

Still, it's nice seeing a different aspect of the Nasuverse, and the characters are interesting enough. I'll start on Ciel's route tomorrow.