What are you playing?

Well, finished Atori's route in RuiTomo. Due to the forced order, both of the routes felt quite incomplete, though if I had to pick between the two, then... Rui's was better, I guess? Atori's had a pretty interesting plot line, but man do I hate that ending cliche. I didn't mind it that much before, but the more I come across it, the more I dislike it. It's just so damn cheap.

Rant alert, and possibly vague spoilers

Seriously, if you are going to use epilogue senes just to back out from the 'bad' ending and degrade it into a poor shock ending with no value instead, don't use an after-credits scene at all. It seems like those scenes serve no other purpose but to retcon the last twist every single time. This is not just RuiTomo's problem, but plenty of VNs do this. Ugh... if you're going to go for a sad ending, commit to it. Otherwise it just comes across as incredibly half-assed and lame.

That said, I still like the main theme and story. It all really depends on if they will be able to explain the stuff that only looks like overly convenient plot devices so far (curse being evil only when the story needs it, yay!). Not really looking forward to Koyori's route for this reason, though I am very interested int he true one.

Might take a break from RuiTomo for a moment again, maybe finish Secret Game/Killer Queen first. Or maybe I should just go with some no-bullshit utsuge, any tips? :P

Gin'iro...or Konakana ("the gentle, strengthen your faith in humanity, utsuge"), which I'm reading atm. Actually Catagra is a good timely choice here depending what you want on the side with your utsu. Based on the 1 thing I heard about tenshiwake, I wouldn't recommend it yet...

Like I said earlier, having finished Muramasa

愛があった!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bit ago, I'm reading Kona kana. I tried resuming asairo, but the bizareness turned me off and so I'm pushing it off one cycle or so. Also tried Catagra. For some reason, it's only now that I'm super aware of the fact that if you take away the murder mystery, Innocent Gray's games are literally just spending time with a bunch of bishoujyos. Innocent gray is good enough to make heriones that stand up to a first impression, but their characters are rarely deep.

Gin'iro...or Konakana ("the gentle, strengthen your faith in humanity, utsuge"), which I'm reading atm. Actually Catagra is a good timely choice here depending what you want on the side with your utsu. Based on the 1 thing I heard about tenshiwake, I wouldn't recommend it yet...

Like I said earlier, having finished Muramasa

愛があった!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bit ago, I'm reading Kona kana. I tried resuming asairo, but the bizareness turned me off and so I'm pushing it off one cycle or so.

Awesome, thanks. I'll keep those in mind. :D

About Muramasa:

That was exactly how after-credits epilogues should be done. If you're going to build upon a bad ending, don't make a magic happy one - make the ending

even worse! :D I appreciated that epilogue so much.

Prepare for the mindkiller after seeing her CGs. 

--->

The biggest revelation in Komomo's route:

She is tiny! She's

SO tiny!

It's bafflingly visible in every image depicting her and You together. Komomo is barely taller than Chinami or Isuzu, which came really surprising. I always had her on head-to-eye level, because of the sprite.

lol, well, she's never described as tall. She's listed as 161cm in official sources. There are very few VN heroines who are as tall as the protagonist. Only one that immediately comes to mind is Kurugaya in Little Busters, who is actually taller than Riki. But Riki is unusually short. Well, that's also discounting straight shotacon nukige weirdness.

I'm just saying her sprite "feels" a bit taller than it really is. Maybe it's because Asuho is bending forward a lot, which makes everyone look bigger in comparison. Oh and Kosame is actually taller than her sister, atleast in CGs. Kosame is about half-a-head away from You, Komono a whole one.  

Lilly from KS is tall, but I can't think of others from the top of my head.

I just finished Kurumi's route in Never 7, and enjoyed it quite a bit. The reasoning is obvious.

(Very minor spoilers for Never 7 ahead, you're probably fine to read it, but it is something they only tell you on one specific route and seem to try to hide on all the others, so some people may think of it as spoiler territory.)

I have expressed this sentiment before, but I myself am a burn victim, so I personally can relate to characters who are struggling with severe scarring. Hanako from Katawa Shoujo is handled

worlds better than Kurumi is in that aspect, but I still appreciate the effort.

After I start My Girlfriend is the President, I dropped it soon after that. It is just to crazy for me at the moment ;). So to get back a feeling for VN's I started a second playthrough on KonoSora. And from the beginning i really feel satisfied by the whole atmosphere which is generated their. I love that VN and I didn't care about the bad translation of Ageha's route, because I had no problems their and understood everything. Sometimes you have to look on more than just the words which are written there.

If someone knows a VN like KonoSora feel free to tell me.

What are you talking about? I don't remember R11 was nonsense.

Really? They didn't resolve anything in the story. The good endings were both complete cliffhangers that told you nothing about the "why" of what was going on. In fact, nowhere in the game, even if you do the whole "get every bad ending and mull over every single word in the TIPS section" thing, does it explain why anything is happening. Sure, if you sit there and pick it apart, its possible to maybe infer a little bit about what was going on, but there's no solid foundation to base any of that on in the game itself. It was already a jumbled mess of complicated ideas that would have been kind of a mess even if they had executed on it properly, but they didn't do that, so it really came off as a bunch of dangling threads that didn't actually lead anywhere when you followed them all the way back.

Now, I don't blame the devs, they apparently ran out of money and couldn't actually finish the game, but that in no way makes anything in Remember 11 make sense.

Now, I don't blame the devs, they apparently ran out of money and couldn't actually finish the game, but that in no way makes anything in Remember 11 make sense.

You actually can indeed blame the devs for that :). That usually happens due to poor project management. Do you know if any of the cliffhangers are resolved in 12riven?

Finished Killer Queen

EP2 SPOILERS

Episode 2 was more interesting than Episode 1, and the twist was well done I thought, but the backstory "Yuuki was abused and killed her father" seems weak.. my father was an asshole, so I'll adopt all his character traits and kill people? Granted she's seen some pretty messed up shit, but still.

The actual ending for both episodes is shit, since we learn nothing about the real criminals motivation behind the 'Game', especially in Ep2
If Yuuki played the game multiple times how did she get into in the first place, and work out the rules without dying the 1st time round?

Just finished the first episode of Secret Game - Killer Queen. That was... boring, to say the least.

KQ EP1 spoilers

The characters were incredibly flat, including the boring protagonist and heroine. The only one that was even remotely interesting was Nagisa, and that was mainly just because of that last 'plot-twist' that came so out of nowhere that it was like the writer was desperately trying to make a shocking finale. I think plain and boring are the words that would describe the whole first episode in general. There was nothing too interesting happening, and I felt tempted to just skip through everything most of the time, though I did manage not to do that. The plot itself wasn't any more interesting than the characters, and even the ending that had the potential to be something pretty good was magnificently broken with a dumb excuse bending its own rules. I thought they would at least go into the characters' past a bit if nothing else, since that was the only thing Souichi had going for him with his dead friend, but nope, I guess that would've been too much effort!

In short, the first episode does nothing new, and what it does do is incredibly half-assed and boring. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they hid some more interesting plot points for the later episodes, but after making it through this, I am really not looking forward to reading something similar three more times. :| A 6/10 so far at best.

Just finished the first episode of Secret Game - Killer Queen. That was... boring, to say the least.

KQ EP1 spoilers

The characters were incredibly flat, including the boring protagonist and heroine. The only one that was even remotely interesting was Nagisa, and that was mainly just because of that last 'plot-twist' that came so out of nowhere that it was like the writer was desperately trying to make a shocking finale. I think plain and boring are the words that would describe the whole first episode in general. There was nothing too interesting happening, and I felt tempted to just skip through everything most of the time, though I did manage not to do that. The plot itself wasn't any more interesting than the characters, and even the ending that had the potential to be something pretty good was magnificently broken with a dumb excuse bending its own rules. I thought they would at least go into the characters' past a bit if nothing else, since that was the only thing Souichi had going for him with his dead friend, but nope, I guess that would've been too much effort!

In short, the first episode does nothing new, and what it does do is incredibly half-assed and boring. I will give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they hid some more interesting plot points for the later episodes, but after making it through this, I am really not looking forward to reading something similar three more times. :| A 6/10 so far at best.

I just found out ever 17 wow this is an old one haha

Oh and by the way which among you played Clannad?

I'm about to start a serious run through of Clannad before moving onto Tomoyo After. I Think I'll play it along side another run through of KS. :)

hey since when did you start playing that? I'm in Kotomi's route but I'm playing it without walkthrough's though.... :lol:

Wow this means it will be part of your lowest ranked VNs! To me 6/10 sounds pretty decent ^^;

I just started ep 2 in Killer Queen, finished ep 1 a while ago but windows update fucked me over and I had to restore and lost a lot of stuf...... Anyway, I finished Ayakashibito a while ago, oh god the bittersweet Suzu ending. Also finished the 2 routes for Anna in Gekkou no Carnevale, which are probably kind of like the true endings, I liked them a lot.

Oh yeah, it's not like it's horrible or anything. ^^ It might look really bad in comparison to the rest of my votes, but that only means I haven't played any bad VNs yet. Or that I can't vote D:

How did you like Ayakashibito, by the way? I was planning to start it eventually, but the beginning didn't really grab me when I tried it some time back...

Oh and by the way which among you played Clannad?

It was one of the first VNs I've ever played. Very fun read, it's still one of my favourites when it comes to branching stories - that common route variation is crazy! I'd really like to see that in some other VNs too.

By the way, you might want to edit your posts instead of multi-posting. :x