What are you playing?

I am interested in your opinion too. I am interested in Season of the Wolf and Loren but never approached the games that much. I played the first Dragon Age and it was a good but with a very enforced playing order.

Give us at least 5 minutes of your precious time when you are not playing Season of the Wolf. Don't let us wait in the abyss.

I will. I also might write up a review when I'm done with it. Initial prognosis (I've only played an hour) is that SOTW is fun in the same way JRPGs were before they started taking themselves so seriously (and before Square became obsessed with interactive moviemaking.) Has a few technical issues but nothing too serious.

I highly recommend giving the free demos a go if you're undecided. The games are fairly consistent, in that if you like the demo you'll probably like the game and vice versa.

Hang on.

People are referring to reading Miyakos route in Majikoi.

That patch isn't out yet, is it? Because if it is, I need it.

On topic:

Playing Never 7 with a little bit or Kamidori on the side. I've been sidetracked a little bit by my recent purchase of a Wii U (Smash is out soon!) so I haven't played as much as I would have like, but I'm getting a little bit in here and there. Never 7 is okay. It's not excellent, it's certainly not mind blowing like Ever 17, but at least it's not complete and total nonsense like Remember 11 was. I do find myself getting distracted from it pretty easily, when VNs that are great as opposed to just okay don't really do that.

And as for Kamidori, it's pretty grindy, so I'm just chipping away at it slowly.

Hang on.

People are referring to reading Miyakos route in Majikoi.

That patch isn't out yet, is it? Because if it is, I need it.

On topic:

Playing Never 7 with a little bit or Kamidori on the side. I've been sidetracked a little bit by my recent purchase of a Wii U (Smash is out soon!) so I haven't played as much as I would have like, but I'm getting a little bit in here and there. Never 7 is okay. It's not excellent, it's certainly not mind blowing like Ever 17, but at least it's not complete and total nonsense like Remember 11 was. I do find myself getting distracted from it pretty easily, when VNs that are great as opposed to just okay don't really do that.

And as for Kamidori, it's pretty grindy, so I'm just chipping away at it slowly.

On/Off-topic: It definitely isn't out yet.

I feel like today, I have completed a spiritual journey. Two months ago I put down several of the VNs I was currently reading and started Umineko, which lead into Higurashi (backwards, I know). I usually read several VNs at once due to my OCD, but I read these exclusively, for at least a few hours a day (usually more than that) every single day for the last two months. God damn are they long. But it's all over. I kinda don't know what I'm going to do with myself, now. :P

I could write many, many words about my thoughts on them, how they compare and so on. But for now I'll keep it brief. I ended up enjoying Umineko much more, but Higurashi was still entertaining. Umineko just had more... style, or flair. I also think the writing was stronger. The characters and their personal backstories and dilemmas were more grounded in a way that made them more emotionally relatable. Where even if the character was in a much less dire personal situation, you could end up feeling for them more. Umineko/Higurashi spoilers:

I'm talking about Maria vs Satoko here, two abused girls of around the same age, but while Maria's situation was much less extreme, it got much more of an emotional response from me. Perhaps because Teppei was such a stereotypical evil womanizer type who can garner no sympathy, it was pretty hard to take that situation as seriously as Ryukishi wanted us to. Rosa felt much more like a real person. And also perhaps because Maria's responses and defense mechanisms seemed more realistic and sad.

Oh, and we can't forget the music. Obviously +many points to Umineko for the incredible soundtrack. Higurashi Kai's soundtrack had some good tunes and had plenty of good piano music, but it just can't even come close to Umineko's.

Anyways, now I have to figure out what to read next. I should probably pick up where I left off but I have several unfinished VNs I could go back to. The Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na partial, the other routes in Yumina, I was actually thinking of finishing Osadai, which I've left unfinished. There's also Harukoi Otome which I was wasting some time with but eh..... I'm not sure about that one. I also have yet to read the Kagome route in Comyu and the Suzu route in Ayakashibito. Where to start...

Anyways, now I have to figure out what to read next. I should probably pick up where I left off but I have several unfinished VNs I could go back to. The Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na partial, the other routes in Yumina, I was actually thinking of finishing Osadai, which I've left unfinished. There's also Harukoi Otome which I was wasting some time with but eh..... I'm not sure about that one. I also have yet to read the Kagome route in Comyu and the Suzu route in Ayakashibito. Where to start...

Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na is good if you feel like a straight romance. At least as far as what's translated goes, the synopsis may be a little misleading. It's all romance and very little else. I enjoyed it much more than Osadai (which I haven't finished either, lost my save at some point and cbf going back).

Just, something that bothers me a lot.

Why do your avatar remnds me of Yaoi Eren?

I've now finished the first route in Air, Misuzu's. At least for now.

It was wonderful. The common route messing around and the comedy was marvelous.

The route itself didn't have much romance... It had lots of cute but nothing romantic until right at the end.

And right then, he did something stupid to boot.

Well, finished Atori's route in RuiTomo. Due to the forced order, both of the routes felt quite incomplete, though if I had to pick between the two, then... Rui's was better, I guess? Atori's had a pretty interesting plot line, but man do I hate that ending cliche. I didn't mind it that much before, but the more I come across it, the more I dislike it. It's just so damn cheap.

Rant alert, and possibly vague spoilers

Seriously, if you are going to use epilogue senes just to back out from the 'bad' ending and degrade it into a poor shock ending with no value instead, don't use an after-credits scene at all. It seems like those scenes serve no other purpose but to retcon the last twist every single time. This is not just RuiTomo's problem, but plenty of VNs do this. Ugh... if you're going to go for a sad ending, commit to it. Otherwise it just comes across as incredibly half-assed and lame.

That said, I still like the main theme and story. It all really depends on if they will be able to explain the stuff that only looks like overly convenient plot devices so far (curse being evil only when the story needs it, yay!). Not really looking forward to Koyori's route for this reason, though I am very interested int he true one.