What are you playing?

Still playing Killer Queen (on Ep 2

It seems a bit better, with more horror and tension though

The ending of EP1 was shit, nothing is resolved really or much of a reason given

Ep 2 seems to have more tension but

the use of the young girl - Yuuki as a loli (?) is just wrong, IMO I'm no prude I just felt uncomfortable with her H scenes (theyre taking a bath, but damnit Japan) and I have a feeling the ending will be the same as EP1...

IMO

(EP2 spoilers)

EP2 ending is even worse since I simply HATED Yuuki. Those h scenes are fucked up, man. I'd say I liked Sakumi much more, but my favorite character was Fumika by far. Too bad she does nto getan episode/h-scene of her own .(

Her death in EP2 was especially sad :'(

Killer Queen doesn't have "routes" per se. There's just two linear episodes with no choices. The second episode is a re-telling of the first that unfolds differently, which as mentioned above is unlocked once the first episode is complete.

Oh, I suppose that's where Secret Game differs, then, since there are four options when you start the VN (one is EP1 and the rest is greyed out). Let's see if they can pull it off 4 times.

Oh, I suppose that's where Secret Game differs, then, since there are four options when you start the VN (one is EP1 and the rest is greyed out). Let's see if they can pull it off 4 times.

Has Secret Game been translated yet?

(Killer Queen SPOILERS)

I just want an episode where Fumika survives

:(

Nope, I'm reading in Japanese :(

Also, I've magnificently spoiled myself while replying because I'm stupid, so I'll tell you if there's an episode like that.

:D

Thanks! :D

(regarding the matter in the spoiler tags)

I'm sorry I spoiled you ._:

To be honest though, I spoil myself on games I want all the time too. I'm consistently stupid in that regard XD

Ok, I got back in VNs again recently. I'm going to finish off G-String. It's uncanny how similar the company decided to make their two games. 

Akabei Soft are responsible for way more than two games. Most of the games, as well as the games they publish and the games from developers who split off from them share some similarities. The biggest one probably being protagonists with strong personalities and/or wills who drive the story forward. Unfortunately there aren't any active translation projects for any of the other games from that family of developers. :(

Akabei Soft are responsible for way more than two games. Most of the games, as well as the games they publish and the games from developers who split off from them share some similarities. The biggest one probably being protagonists with strong personalities and/or wills who drive the story forward. Unfortunately there aren't any active translation projects for any of the other games from that family of developers. :(

It's not really surprising, though. Looseboy's written both (all three of, counting the FD) of the ones that've been translated..... It's more affection for the author than the company. It's also why they're similar.

The quality of Sharin no Kuni/Himawari no Shojo was so high, I didn't think it'd be one of their first productions and in 2005. 

Their latest game is Dekinai Watashi ga, Kurikaesu which features a time traveling, working adult protagonist. You could also say the Akabei Soft spirit has passed on to Tigre Soft (Reminiscence, Akatsuki no Goei) and Akatsuki Works (Comyu, which was just recently translated, and many others), since both companies were founded by former Akabei Soft staff. They all make good games and so few of them are translated.

Their latest game is Dekinai Watashi ga, Kurikaesu which features a time traveling, working adult protagonist. You could also say the Akabei Soft spirit has passed on to Tigre Soft (Reminiscence, Akatsuki no Goei) and Akatsuki Works (Comyu, which was just recently translated, and many others), since both companies were founded by former Akabei Soft staff. They all make good games and so few of them are translated.

Dekinai seems pretty interesting, its a shame that its too new. It won't have any translations out in the near future, if it gets translated at all  :(

Let us know how you enjoy it.

Did you play Loren the Amazon Princess?

Will do.

Winterwolves had released 2 RPGs up to now, Planet Stronghold and Loren: The Amazon PrincessPlanet Stronghold has incredibly impressive gameplay mechanics, to the point where it pleasantly surprised a community of old-school, western RPG fans. The story is pretty bad, but like Kamidori that's not why you play it. Loren, in comparison, is a visual Novel (heavily influenced by the Dragon Age games) with an okay RPG system tacked on. It appeals to the same people who likes Bioware but I enjoyed playing Loren far more than I did playing any of the Dragon Age games. It's far less polished but captures that 'fun' element which is so tough to do.

Season of the Wolf is supposed to aim for the middle ground. It has better RPG mechanics and less emphasis on the story, but it still aims for that Bioware crowd and doesn't take it to the extremes that Planet Stronghold did (partly because he hires writers now instead of writing games himself.)

And now to find out how good it is. W00000000 *loads game*

Will do.

Winterwolves had released 2 RPGs up to now, Planet Stronghold and Loren: The Amazon PrincessPlanet Stronghold has incredibly impressive gameplay mechanics, to the point where it pleasantly surprised a community of old-school, western RPG fans. The story is pretty bad, but like Kamidori that's not why you play it. Loren, in comparison, is a visual Novel (heavily influenced by the Dragon Age games) with an okay RPG system tacked on. It appeals to the same people who likes Bioware but I enjoyed playing Loren far more than I did playing any of the Dragon Age games. It's far less polished but captures that 'fun' element which is so tough to do.

Season of the Wolf is supposed to aim for the middle ground. It has better RPG mechanics and less emphasis on the story, but it still aims for that Bioware crowd and doesn't take it to the extremes that Planet Stronghold did (partly because he hires writers now instead of writing games himself.)

And now to find out how good it is. W00000000 *loads game*