What are you playing?

Still reading Higurashi. I think I'm a bit over halfway done with episode 6.

Rena just shared her parasyte theory with Keiichi.

Overall, I have to say that I'm liking this less than Umineko. I kind of wish I had played this first, as I might have enjoyed it a bit more by not knowing what I was missing out on, but I think I enjoyed going into Umineko with no expectations. Probably the biggest thing I dislike about Higurashi is the lack of an overarching plot thread. The start of every chapter is a clean slate. All of the characters are reset and the story begins anew each time. Of course, this can still change in the next couple chapters, but the fact that it's gone this far without that is a pretty big minus in my book. This strongly correlates with my personal tastes, for TV shows I prefer serial stories to episodic ones. I don't like that there is no real lasting character development so far, and while the game presents the story in such a way that you slowly learn more about what's really happening as you progress through the episodes, it doesn't really do it in a satisfying way. Even if this does change (and there are hints that it might) it may be too little too late. I think Umineko took the basic structure created with Higurashi (witnessing a tragedy repeat several times with different victims and perpetrators) and added some much needed components to it like an actual connective plot with strong character development among the main characters across all of the episodes, right from the start.

I'm kind of surprised Higurashi Kai has an 8.73 average VNDB rating, maybe I should expect an improvement coming up.

It might be because of your tastes.

I like Higurashi as what it is. Rather than chapters, they should've been called scenarios. They are, in a way, unrelated to each other. But all the loose ends become tied together as you advance through the chapters in Kai. Chapter 6 is going to play a big part in whatever happens in Chapter 7.

As for Chapter 8... That's for you to find out.

It might be because of your tastes.

I like Higurashi as what it is. Rather than chapters, they should've been called scenarios. They are, in a way, unrelated to each other. But all the loose ends become tied together as you advance through the chapters in Kai. Chapter 6 is going to play a big part in whatever happens in Chapter 7.

As for Chapter 8... That's for you to find out.

Earlier you said that you haven't played Umineko yet. You really should get on that ASAP. It's so good! I promise!

Earlier you said that you haven't played Umineko yet. You really should get on that ASAP. It's so good! I promise!

Yeah. I haven't played it yet. I really want to download the PS3 patch first. I don't think I'll enjoy it that much if I play with the game itself only. I have the PS3 patch for the Answer Arcs, but none for the Question Arcs. I'll tell you if I start playing it.

I loved the OPs though. It got me really hyped for the game.

I finished Steins;Gate true ending(finally).  Turns out that the first time I played, I ran into a glitch where one of the true ending flag emails(and thus all subsequent ones) failed to show up.  I ran into the same glitch again, but I knew about it in advance, so I just had to reload a save from earlier in the chapter.  

Next up, Fate Stay/Night.  I want to watch the Ufotable adaptations, but I refuse to watch any adaptation of a VN I haven't played.  Unless, of course, it hasn't been translated and likely never will be(like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien).  Just finished the prologue.

Finally I started Majikoi. I have pretty high expectations of it and the start is decent. I haven't got past the introductions so don't precisely know which way will it go. It seems similar to Little Busters till now.

People don't often compare the two, but I'm forced to agree with this statement. Except the comedy in Majikoi might be crazier. 

Especially since the protagonists have the same surname B)

I know ! At first I thought that the setting of a group of friends was similar and then when I came to know Yamato's surname ..... it can't be coincidence

People don't often compare the two, but I'm forced to agree with this statement. Except the comedy in Majikoi might be crazier. 

Till now Little Busters seems to be the one that's most similar to Majikoi. Talking only about the common route for LB.

Hit yet another friends with benefits h-scene in Comyu.  I'm just gonna stop noting them now, since this is getting a little ridiculous.  This is the first time I've actually skipped an h-scene; they're usually relevant, in some way, to either plot or character development, so I don't usually skip them, but there's been so many in Comyu I just felt like it was a waste of time reading them.  I hope it'll change, but until then, when I get to them I'm just gonna keep holding Enter until the screen fades to white.