Muv Luv: A Pretty Sweet Visual Novel Series Kickstarter [MILLION DOLLAR BABY]

Down

As an American, this irritates me.  FOLLOW OUR RETARDED GRAMMAR RULES IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE OUR CURRENCY!

Everytime I see something like $80 I read it as "dollar eighty" (as any normal human being would) and it triggers mental pain in me. I SHOULD ASK FOR A TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS OKAY.

As an American, this irritates me.  FOLLOW OUR RETARDED GRAMMAR RULES IF YOU'RE GOING TO USE OUR CURRENCY!

Everytime I see something like $80 I read it as "dollar eighty" (as any normal human being would) and it triggers mental pain in me. I SHOULD ASK FOR A TRIGGER WARNING FOR THIS OKAY.

Blame the Spanish, it's their fault.

Raised my $150 to $200 but I'll retract it if the codex goal isnt achieved.

Why? Only backers who pledge $300+ will get the physical codex, I think it will be available as an add-on for $80, and there will be a tier for the collectors edition with the codex for $220. So, you will be a bit short either way.

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Raised my $150 to $200 but I'll retract it if the codex goal isnt achieved.

Why? Only backers who pledge $300+ will get the physical codex, I think it will be available as an add-on for $80, and there will be a tier for the collectors edition with the codex for $220. So, you will be a bit short either way.

typo there. Meant $300. 

The Males were drafted when the BETA's were deemed a threat, majority left now is mostly females that are of military battle training age. Takeru met with like 3-5 other males but they were much older than the Extra group.

Expensive stuff... at least for me. And Sumika figma? Don't like her all that much, but it will be good for those that want it I guess. But I doubt we will hit the final stretch goal anyway. And speaking of figures,  I'm quite satisfied with my Cryska and Yui figmas, standing proudly on my shelf. ˇˇ

I seriously envy to people who can pledge 300$ and above for this. You're filthy rich...

YUI!!! Still my favorite.

But yeah, $300, Damn you, now, $3K?!? *shakes fist and throws bananas at those people*

I love all of Yui's figures that were released. If I had the money, would probably get them all. ˇˇ Strange that Meiya and Sumika don't have that verity... Is it cuz' they are old characters? But that doesn't make any sense. Tamaki from ToHeart2 still has figures even today. Guess she is too popular, eh?

I think that I'm the only person who will buy this and, like... not play it again. I just can't handle it.

I think maybe because There was an anime for Total Eclipse, while Sumika & Meiya only had the VN's...Although Yui was in NONE of the outfits that they gave the figure...idk. & Nope, I don't plan on playing it either. Just something pretty to look at with my TSF's.
More looking forward to Altered Fable being completed (I Want to know what happened in Ayamine's route!) & the Photon Series

I think maybe because There was an anime for Total Eclipse, while Sumika & Meiya only had the VN's...Although Yui was in NONE of the outfits that they gave the figure...idk. & Nope, I don't plan on playing it either. Just something pretty to look at with my TSF's.
More looking forward to Altered Fable being completed (I Want to know what happened in Ayamine's route!) & the Photon Series

True that. And yeah, looking forward to complete Altered Fable and Photon Series myself.

I'd love for Total Eclipse to get a English release...with all this money, it's a mistake not to set it as like...a 1.1M stretchgoal. Fully possible, too.  Going to hit 900k, without issue. A waste to not have a stretch goal for Eclipse.

Total Eclipse is too long of a VN to have a stretch goal for it. It will probably be a stand-alone campaign later on. I really want a physical limited collection of that as well.

I'd love to see an anime of Muvluv Alternative at some point... just please with a different VA for Takeru, because that VA irritated the hell out of me.  I don't know we'd ever get an anime for the original Muvluv series though... you'd have to cover Muvluv itself (a deliberately generic harem romcom that's pure setup that would almost certainly get panned in reviews) before you could dive into Unlimited, which is better but still... isn't Alternative.  But you can't just dive into Alternative, because Alternative requires the setup from Extra/Unlimited to show why it's really really good.

The best way I can think to put it is imagine that the Muvluv series is very good, rich, chocolate cake.  Sure, the cake by itself is delicious, but then you start adding the icing on top and it truly becomes good.  That's kind of how the first two games flow into Alternative - they're the icing on Alternatives rich cakey goodness.

---

I just wish I had money to contribute to the Kickstarter.  I'm not a rich guy and I'm going to be moving soon, so I'm having to save up money for that instead >_<

I'd love to see an anime of Muvluv Alternative at some point... just please with a different VA for Takeru, because that VA irritated the hell out of me.  I don't know we'd ever get an anime for the original Muvluv series though... you'd have to cover Muvluv itself (a deliberately generic harem romcom that's pure setup that would almost certainly get panned in reviews) before you could dive into Unlimited, which is better but still... isn't Alternative.  But you can't just dive into Alternative, because Alternative requires the setup from Extra/Unlimited to show why it's really really good.

Alternative would be problematic to animate without extensive revisions, however I think doing extra/unlimited would be surprisingly easy. You wouldn't do extra than unlimited, you would try and mesh them together. Perhaps have episode 1 be extra, than immediately dive into unlimited. Than throughout unlimited sprinkle flashbacks to the relevant parts of extra.   

Edited by Soulless Watcher

Well it seems very likely that the physical codex will actually become possible now I just have to decide whether it, a take, and a yuuko's gift bag is worth an extra hundred or if I'm okay with the digital version and saving a hundred dollars.

The physical Codex was what I wanted the most out of this kickstarter. I just went in and threw $300 to get the collector's box on my shelves and that sweet beta plushie. I'm literally not buying anything but cheap-ass second-hand books and pasta for the next few months.

Yeah the chance for a physical codex is just too much to pass up I changed my backing from 200 (I too wanted that beta plushie) to 300. I'm not buying anymore anything for the rest of this year unless seinarukana releases. 

Alternative would be problematic to animate without extensive revisions, however I think doing extra/unlimited would be surprisingly easy. You wouldn't do extra than unlimited, you would try and mesh them together. Perhaps have episode 1 be extra, than immediately dive into unlimited. Than throughout unlimited sprinkle flashbacks to the relevant parts of extra.   

My thoughts exactly. A 24 episode run would be enough. You would need one or two episodes of Extra before switching to Unlimited. 6-7 episodes would be sufficient for that, slowly showing Takeru training, character and world building then the rest to focus on Alternative. But I can already see people commenting  in 5 episodes in like ''The pace is terrible! We get alien invasion and they are showing us stupid drama and romance? Series dropped... 3/10'' XD

don't worry, the last day is when all the people start putting all the money, something similar with the first or second day, so it will end with 800-900k for sure

Huh, so we did reach 900K, boy, that sure boosted my faith in the VN community.
So basically, you're goddamn right.

Now only if we had a 1 million goal. :illya:

don't worry, the last day is when all the people start putting all the money, something similar with the first or second day, so it will end with 800-900k for sure

Huh, so we did reach 900K, boy, that sure boosted my faith in the VN community.
So basically, you're goddamn right.

Now only if we had a 1 million goal. :illya:

66 hours left, it will reach (and surpass probably) the 1 million for sure

one-million-dollars.jpg

never underestimate the muv luv series it has never and probably will never be topped...

the BETA cannot be stopped.