Thanks Fuwanovel!

OriginalRen

/index.php?/topic/2085-a-long-overdue-introduction/">Feeding worms, probably.

I might not have picked myself up from the slouch I was in, might not have gotten my career off the ground and might still be leeching off of family. Not only related to reading VNs, but being part of the community. Still happy to be around, and I hope Fuwanovel will be part of my life for a lot longer still.

Your video is a good example of showing what's important, in this case the two figs in the foreground

Anyway, Fuwa is fairly entertaining and has been occasionally useful, I prolly wouldn't have gotten anywhere with Fapanese w/o Tay's silly jp challenge back in 2013. My thanks, Fuwanovel

I wanted to make a snarky comment, but sometimes I actually need to be serious and say that Fuwanovel really gave me more than I maybe give it credit for.I don't have a super awesome memory on top of my head, but I can say that I've had happy moments here.

I've gone through part of my depression here as well as the resolution to change myself and do what I want to do with my life. (All I needed to do was follow Shia-sensei's advice and just do it. :scottsune:)

My favorite time in the forum may have been the mod appreciation thread since at that time I refused to enter Kaguya's totes secret group because I'm just too good for it ( :makina:) and I also had my first contact with Nosebleed regarding our education paths.

I also want to give credit to FSG(in this particular case Vokoca, LinovaA and Ayana) for getting me off my butt and getting me to learn Fapanese.

I also want to give credit to FSG(in this particular case Vokoca, LinovaA and Ayana) for getting me off my butt and getting me to learn Fapanese.

Is there some kind of mistake, I don't see my name? Are you saying my moeges don't make you wanna learn Japanese  :makina:

Fuwa indeed is great. It has made me more open about my weeb hobbies.

I'd say the average user life expectancy of Fuwanovel averages

• 1 day for new members from '15
  • 1 month for new members from '14
  • 1 year from new members from '13
  • 1 decade from new members from '12

Keep the funtimes comin' Fuwanovel~

Sweet, I'm beating the average already :sachi: Although I've not been here long enough to have any lasting memories, the community round here is probably one of the nicest I've encountered :) Go go Fuwa go!

Your video is a good example of showing what's important, in this case the two figs in the foreground

The right one is where it's at, no question, as we all (should) know.

Fuwa is fun, or at least it has been so far. Let's hope that is one thing that will never change.

lel

Stats hold no power over me~ :sachi:

Fuwa is a wonderful place for me. I joined during a terrible depression rut... but after staying for a while, I ended up feeling better and better about stuff at the time and came to love this place (even though I had been skulking around here for six months prior... actually taking part in the community was a whole different experience :P). That, and I was a weeb in need of a place for discussing weeby things. Fuwa fits the bill nicely. :sachi:

One of my favorite memories was probably when OriginalRen showed his face... and everybody turned their avatars and signatures into him. I still have the avatar that Flutterz made for me, and I still have the emoticon I proposed around the time.

dLrFYO7.png

Funny enough, this was one of my earliest memories of being a part of this awesome community.

Not exactly Fuwa... but joining the FSG was one of my best memories of being on Fuwa as well. :)

I have quite a few other awesome memories, but I'll leave it at this for now.

So never change Fuwa. Never change. ^_^

Keep the funtimes comin' Fuwanovel~

Clearly I'm abnormal, lel.

Also, that average seems incredibly off, with you yourself being anecdotal evidence.

My commentary on this:

-Most users from '12 are long gone and generally only lasted a few months to a year. Fuwanovel was quite small than, and after most users talked about all the topics that interested them, they left.

- '13ers are split into two groups in my view: The '13ers from before August (or around that period) are different from the one who joined after August.

-'13ers who joined before August are more similar to the '12ers in the sense that after a few months they left or significantly dropped their activity. This happened to me and to a lot of acquaintances I remember from back then. I'm different mostly in the fact that after a really long hiatus I actually came back (and became more active than ever). Back then discussions on Fuwanovel were mostly focused on detailed discussions of VNs and anime. Which was honestly fantastic while it lasted. But once most people had discussed everything they wanted to, they grew bored of Fuwanovel; and generally left. Keep in mind this was back during Aaeru's reign; and she was more concerned with fighting copyright than with fostering the community (in my view at least). And I think the flaky attitude in the community back then reflected that.

-'13ers after August: This would probably be the first renaissance of Fuwanovel. This was when users like Nosebleed and Nohman joined, and also when Kaguya published his 50 translated VNs that you should read before you die. Fuwanovel was finally starting to build it's own community and wasn't simply a place solely for dedicated VN fans to discuss what they wanted to and then leave. This was a period when newcomers were coming and taking over the place, creating a new community. I honestly felt quite alienated during this time because a lot of people I remembered from earlier '13 were no longer active and most active users were new to me. Some people were even new to VNs! Which was crazy to me, since back in earlier '13 and '12 virtually nobody that was new to Fuwanovel was new to VNs. Most people who joined back then were already VN fans and just wanted a place to discuss them. Nonetheless, it was the new users from back then that helped shape Fuwanovel's community in a new direction. 

-'14ers: The revolutionary direction that started with the community that was active during mid to late '13 was starting to really come into fruition I think. Honestly, I was absent for most of this year. I just know this was when OriginalRen started becoming really active, and he in particular helped built a sense of community. Again, I still felt alienated during this time (hence why I was absent for most of it). The new community was a community I really didn't feel much attachment to back then. I appreciated that Fuwanovel was growing and doing well, but I felt really lonely. At this point most members I was previously acquainted with were either long gone (most notably was Ryoji), or were promoted (Tay, Down, and I think Zaka (I think this was when he started becoming an important Fuwa blogger)). Honestly, back then OriginalRen's community podcasts only made me feel more out of place; because they served as a painful reminder that this was a new Fuwanovel, and that I was not a part of it.

'15ers: The revolution of late '13 and '14 was over, and a new society was formed. With Tay as the stable leader, and Fuwanovel thriving; I returned. This was when I finally reintegrated myself back into the community. I don't know why, but for whatever reason I finally felt like a part of Fuwanovel again. I really liked the new community (and no longer felt threatened by it) and chose to participate in it. In fact, I like the community so much now, that I think I actually prefer it to what I had in early '13. And that's saying a lot, as I have some fond memories of back then.  

Well, that's my commentary on the different years Fuwanovel has been around. The community has changed quite a bit, and that's my humble perspective on it. 

I lurked here once in awhile during 2013, but didn't join until early 2014, and weren't really vocally active until the latter half of 2014+2015. I remember the first thing I felt when I made my introduction post here was a sense of friendliness, and ample activities. There were quite many who responded to my intro and I thought that the forum was quite an active one which was a huge plus for me staying.

I haven't been around on fuwa that long but still I would like to thank the whole community. Being part of fuwa has helped be more open with my hobbies and gave me a place to talk about them.

Also I would like to thank Ren for the live streams we did they got me even more into reading VN's and were an enjoyable thing.

My commentary on this:

-Most users from '12 are long gone and generally only lasted a few months to a year. Fuwanovel was quite small than, and after most users talked about all the topics that interested them, they left.

- '13ers are split into two groups in my view: The '13ers from before August (or around that period) are different from the one who joined after August.

-'13ers who joined before August are more similar to the '12ers in the sense that after a few months they left or significantly dropped their activity. This happened to me and to a lot of acquaintances I remember from back then. I'm different mostly in the fact that after a really long hiatus I actually came back (and became more active than ever). Back then discussions on Fuwanovel were mostly focused on detailed discussions of VNs and anime. Which was honestly fantastic while it lasted. But once most people had discussed everything they wanted to, they grew bored of Fuwanovel; and generally left. Keep in mind this was back during Aaeru's reign; and she was more concerned with fighting copyright than with fostering the community (in my view at least). And I think the flaky attitude in the community back then reflected that.

Way back, the forum is more of a "if it's not VN related, it should not be posted in the forum". It's only later that they added boards for members to post things unrelated to VN.

I remember visiting Fuwa for the first time in the summer 2013 when I was reading my first VN. I don't know why but I never made an account. I just kept lurking and stalking certain members. :sachi:  Then when it was 31st December 2014, less than hour until it would be 2015 I thought: I'll join Fuwanovel. <--- Best choice of my life

Fuwa has become an irreplaceable place for me.

I joined because I wanted to talk to people about the stuff I like, and I wasn't able to find such friendly place like fuwa before. Part of the reason is also me being lonely during the spring. I had barely any school left while my best friends were still studying, so I sought some kind of interaction from here. 

Over the time Fuwa kind of turned into haven for me, a haven where I can have fun and share my experiences I couldn't share with anyone before. I think I'd be much worse off if I hadn't joined and continued with my hobbies alone.

Fuwa brought new kind of cheerfulness to my life.   

So continuing in the same way as I started: Thanks to all of you wonderful people!

Hmm, I don't think there was a -really- memorable moment for me in Fuwa. I think my teacher said something that explains how I feel.. Wasting time is to do meaningless yet enjoyable things. You may not remember it, but it makes you happy and is so important. That''s what Fuwa is to me. I'm not active though, so you could say I enjoy reading the conversations.

You may not always see me, but I'm always here because I forget to close the tab.