Comyu Discussion

Kaguya

So! The full patch for Comyu has finally been released.

I already finished reading the entire thing, but now that it's been translated I finally have an excuse for making this thread :P

I'll just say that it's top-tier stuff, people. Amongst the 5 best translated VNs I've read. If you like slice of life and such you probably won't enjoy it much (besides maybe Mayuki's route) but if you're into chuuni stuff, this is a must read~

lol... first of all, for those who have yet to finish, I want to say a few words.

Kagome is my waifu. 

I've been wanting to say that for years now.  I won't allow anyone else to take her from me, not even Akihito!!!

Anyway, this is one of my old favorites, so I'm happy and excited that other people have a chance to play it.  This was the eighth untranslated VN I played.  To be honest, while I have played VNs that are better, I've never loved a heroine more than Hinaori Kagome.  There is no other heroine quite like her (though Ami from the recently released Semiramis no Tenbin has some of the same qualities, without the buffer of having a childhood friend to soften her attitude, lol).  She formed my taste in heroines, and she is the reason why so many heroines leave me unsatisfied.  If you are ever unfortunate enough to really meet your ideal heroine, you will know what I've experienced for the last four years, lol. 

Comyu?

I am not aware of this.

That said - I assume someone's going to throw it onto Fuwa's database now?

Yeah, someone will put it there. Well, there's already a torrent with 4 routes translated here in fuwa. You can download that and get the full patch here if you want to.

http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=downloads

lol... first of all, for those who have yet to finish, I want to say a few words.

Kagome is my waifu.

I've been wanting to say that for years now. I won't allow anyone else to take her from me, not even Akihito!!!

Anyway, this is one of my old favorites, so I'm happy and excited that other people have a chance to play it. This was the eighth untranslated VN I played. To be honest, while I have played VNs that are better, I've never loved a heroine more than Hinaori Kagome. There is no other heroine quite like her (though Ami from the recently released Semiramis no Tenbin has some of the same qualities, without the buffer of having a childhood friend to soften her attitude, lol). She formed my taste in heroines, and she is the reason why so many heroines leave me unsatisfied. If you are ever unfortunate enough to really meet your ideal heroine, you will know what I've experienced for the last four years, lol.

You gotta be hardcore to not let even the protagonist have her, lol.

I'll be taking Mayuki as well. She's a fine heroine and I currently have no waifu. Plus, I started using her as an avatar before anyone else here. I highly doubt a good heroine like that will come in the next releases in the translated VN scene.

So yeah, Mayuki officially my waifu~

Yeah, someone will put it there. Well, there's already a torrent with 4 routes translated here in fuwa. You can download that and get the full patch here if you want to.

http://amaterasu.tindabox.net/index.php?page=downloads

Can you put a full patch over a partial pre-patched version from fuwa or do I have to search for unpatched version to add a full patch to it?

I haven't started reading it yet as I wanted to weight for full patch to come out but my expectations are very high for this title, as I said in that other thread I had been stalking Amaterasu daily for progress on this VN since I started reading VNs.

Gonna start reading it first thing tomorrow when I wake up, so please someone tell me if I can use partial pre-patched version from fuwa fast so I know what to put on downloading while I sleep. Thanks.

Can you put a full patch over a partial pre-patched version from fuwa or do I have to search for unpatched version to add a full patch to it?

I haven't started reading it yet as I wanted to weight for full patch to come out but my expectations are very high for this title, as I said in that other thread I had been stalking Amaterasu daily for progress on this VN since I started reading VNs.

Gonna start reading it first thing tomorrow when I wake up, so please someone tell me if I can use partial pre-patched version from fuwa fast so I know what to put on downloading while I sleep. Thanks.

you can apply the full patch over the pre-patched version

Kagome is my waifu. 

I've been wanting to say that for years now.  I won't allow anyone else to take her from me, not even Akihito!!!

Agreed. Kagome is best waifu. There are very few heroines that can compare to the sheer awesome that is Kagome.

She's also a big part of why I consider Comyu the best game from the past 5 years.

The fuwa download is missing the exe, though.

Mayuki's my waifu, I'm lying, though.

Izawa's clearly my true waifu.

You really are a masochist, kouhai of mine. Izawa would probably beat you to death if he was real and you said something like that in front of him.

In Kagome's route you actually get to see Izawa in a maid outfit, lol.

You'll probably have some fun with that.

Are you saying I'm into cross-dressing? How low can your impression of me actually get *sighs*

I did see that in VNDB, I always got the feeling Izawa's a lolicon, is that proven true later?

I'm currently reading Comyu myself and I'm loving it so far, dunno when I will get to finishing it though with this backlog of mine. I've been wanting to read Ruitomo for a while already now (even before Comyu), but it was too difficult of japanese writing for me to handle normally. I'm a bit scared to go into Ruitomo without more mental flexibility, but Comyu will work in the meantime as it now has a complete translation. Really amazing how this all came together. ^^

Anyway, let me go through the reasons I like this game

1. Hinaori Kagome- Intelligent, ruthless, loving, contemptuous, capable, martial artist, and pragmatist all in one package. Not to mention that she is aesthetically pleasing and has no interest in obeying the laws of common sense when they get in the way.

2. This game is very, very good about how it portrays the actions of regular people when they are given great power. The whole theme of the avatars is that the five members of a team are gathered completely at random, with no care for 'choosing' the cream of the crop. The results when normal people get great power are predictable, but few portray it in its horrid glory the way this does.

3. One of the major themes of this game is the simple fact that life isn't fair. Akihito, Kagome, Mayuki, Hisoka, and Benio have all suffered their share of setbacks, setbacks they didn't 'deserve'. Akihito's reference to the 'yasashii oukoku' is a simple word play on this fact. The world is too gentle to pick out those who are evil or those who are good. To the world all people are the same. The fact that humans see this as unfair is irrelevant to the world. Welcome to Akatsuki Works, where every game has a somewhat cynical philosophical theme.

Cool ... I don't feel the strong urge to read this novel, though. I mean ... just looking at this VN and the screen shots isn't as impressive. The rating is pretty good. I haven't read the description for it. I'm being prejudice so I guess I'll hold off and decide if I want to read this or not.

I'm in the opposite camp.  Opening up that VNDB page has actually increased interest in it for me.  I might have to pick it up once Fuwa gets it into the database~

Cool ... I don't feel the strong urge to read this novel, though. I mean ... just looking at this VN and the screen shots isn't as impressive. The rating is pretty good. I haven't read the description for it. I'm being prejudice so I guess I'll hold off and decide if I want to read this or not.

The art is not great, to be honest. It's perfectly passable but that's as far as I'd praise it. It gets the job done. The game is very heavily story based, so passable art is all it really needs. Even the action isn't that major of a part of it. Well, it could use more/better CGs for the action scenes that are there, I'll definitely admit.

The art isn't bad, it just isn't the same as what you are used to (ie. Key and other games of the type) lol.  It's also exactly the wrong reason to pick a game (cover art, that is).  I play games with much worse art on a daily basis, hehe

Anyway, let me go through the reasons I like this game

1. Hinaori Kagome- Intelligent, ruthless, loving, contemptuous, capable, martial artist, and pragmatist all in one package. Not to mention that she is aesthetically pleasing and has no interest in obeying the laws of common sense when they get in the way.

2. This game is very, very good about how it portrays the actions of regular people when they are given great power. The whole theme of the avatars is that the five members of a team are gathered completely at random, with no care for 'choosing' the cream of the crop. The results when normal people get great power are predictable, but few portray it in its horrid glory the way this does.

3. One of the major themes of this game is the simple fact that life isn't fair. Akihito, Kagome, Mayuki, Hisoka, and Benio have all suffered their share of setbacks, setbacks they didn't 'deserve'. Akihito's reference to the 'yasashii oukoku' is a simple word play on this fact. The world is too gentle to pick out those who are evil or those who are good. To the world all people are the same. The fact that humans see this as unfair is irrelevant to the world. Welcome to Akatsuki Works, where every game has a somewhat cynical philosophical theme.

you summed it up pretty nicely :)

The art isnt that bad but even if u think it is that shouldnt stop u from reading this. The premise,the story,the interactions between the characters and esp Kagome's endeavors are really interesting to read :D