Outsider vs NekoPara!

Satsuki

>Creepy anime game.

Haha, I love how this is like the most normal of things but an outsider reacts so harshly to it like it's the spawn of satan.

We're pretty much social outcasts huh.

He just went as far as the shower scene too, would have liked to see him react to the actual h-scene.

People love panning books they don't enjoy on the web. Things which are easy to criticise must be a lot more fun, stuff like Eragon gets hammered almost everywhere, so I'm used to this sort of stuff.

Heh, his reaction was pretty amusing actually. Nekopara's pretty much a game to get you horny, it has less of a story (and a more ridiculous one) than most smut novels out there, it also treads on pretty risque grounds so I can see it being a pretty easy target for criticism. The way it's translated leaves a bit to be desired also. The video entertained me, lulz.

Watching some freak the hell out over little things is a bit weird. It's just cat girls man, calm the hell down.

Though I guess this would still come a culture shock to anyone isn't use to these things. Still, his reactions are very forced and he usually has nothing that witty to say (didn't finish the video so I could be wrong but a part of me doubts that).

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when things like Nekopara get published on Steam, for this very reason. It alienates the genre and reinforces preconceptions.

But on the other hand, it doesn't matter on the reactions it gets - publicity is publicity - and will draw in more sales and interest.

Gah...fair points. (damn you logic, you've won... this time!)

I guess it is easy to overlook some of the questionable stuff when one has become desensitized to it. Or by trying to defend/justify against it due to better works in the same genre.

But one thing I can say, some of the best VNs I've read avoid fanservice sexy/cute stuff. But yeah, they are in the minority, and things like nekopara "are" in the majority, hell just look at vndb's vast majority lol.

To be fair that's what the genre is. If people are turned off by underage girls being naked/sex scenes then they're going to have problems getting into the genre, even with some of the more popular, story based games. Visual novels are a very targeted genre, though that's somewhat of a good thing since the more popular they get the more criticism they'd get for having sex scenes involving underage girls. 

Shhhh! They're not underage remember? Every girl in every visual novel with ecchi are legal. Even her https://vndb.org/c3930