Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Just finished chapter 19 of Rise's route and boy was it satisfying.

I of course i knew the headmistress was gonna use those goons, and i knew there was gonna be trouble and it would force rise to quit the white lily society. What surprised me was Rise going back on her promise. That. Was. AWESOME. The headmistress's reaction was great, up until she slapped Rise. Anyway as i said it was very satisfying.

But man that headmistress :angry: Excuse me for using this word but there is literally no other way i could describe her. She is a cunt.

Please dont tell me whether or not the headmistress will cause more problems in rise's route. I like being surprised.

I bought this game and played Ritsuko's route. I don't know, this game does not seem all that great to me. The drama is not that great and the art work and bgm seem cheap(bgm songs are very short), which is disappointing coming from a big name like Moonstone.

I thought overall it was a good VN, but I can definitely agree about the music - I think only one or two peices were "good" otherwise the rest was pretty forgettable.

I really want to hear your thoughts on Ayaka's route when youre done, TexasDice. or your thoughts so far.

Ditto - as her route was my favorite, I'm curious to see what others thought.

Ayaka's route is my favorite as well.

Sister Mishima is the greatest.

(Her comment on her inexperience of driving a vehicle full of kids) "I hope you'll all pray to heaven. If we all pray together... our prayers might just get through."

~~

Just finished chapter 20 of Rise's route.

Wow. What a powerful chapter. I was close to crying. It was very dramatic but not in a bad way.felt very natural. Chiho baring her heart and soul like that was just felt raw. it was great.

I really want to hear your thoughts on Ayaka's route when youre done, TexasDice. or your thoughts so far.

Aye, I'm done.

Ayaka's route is really good. I think everyone should read it last, to maximize it's impact. Superspoilers.

It essentially tells two stories. At first glance seemingly unrelated to each other, but with the former actually setting up latter, which goes for the final two chapters. 

(so it's the polar opposite of Harukai Otome, which fails at telling even a single story properly.)

These last two chapters (24 and 25) are really good and the final chapter (26) is a heartwarming Epilogue. The H-scene is hot, but kind of kills the pacing. (but come one, that's what we're paying for here.)

The Headmistress surprised me, as a really well thought out character. I will certainly remember her in the future.

As I said before, it would've been easy for her to be nothing more than a recurring diablo ex machina, in order to make ze drama for no reason. (unrelated picture)

Is there something I didn't like? Of course there is, we are in the internet after all.

Look at this CG. Something seems really weird about her arm. 

dwm2015-04-1210-19-42rzkmm.png

0/10

almosttwentytpj3o.jpg

That makes no sense. If everyone is over the age of 18, Ritsuko has to be 18, because she's the youngest. But that makes all the second graders 19 and Ayaka therefore atleast 20. Which doesn't add up, because 20 isn't almost 20. 20-x < 20, math.

0/10.

In all seriousness? The last chapters (25 and 26) could've been three chapters long, instead of two. It felt a little rushed, while the middle section, (otherwise known as the "lovey-dovey"-section) was unnecessarily pandered. Probably to make room for 4 H-scenes. (but come one, that's what we're paying for here.)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

By the way, I really love how unrelated Panterbell is for the entirety of Princess Evangile.

Usually, one would expect Panterbell to find an important item, track down a missing person or simply remind one the characters about something they're glooming about.

Nope, nothing. It's just there, looking cool.

By the way, I really love how unrelated Panterbell is for the entirety of Princess Evangile.

Usually, one would expect Panterbell to find an important item, track down a missing person or simply remind one the characters about something they're glooming about.

Nope, nothing. It's just there.

He can apparently predict when the apocalypse arrives by saying kuun. And that's about it. 

As you can see, I am now playing Princess Evangile. To be honest, I should've posted my thoughts just as I finished the common route but I couldn't tell when a heroine's route starts or not...

Anyways, having arrived at a confession I am now totally sure that I'm in Chiho's route, and my current plan of route order will be this:

Chiho->Ayase->Ristuko->Rise

I'll be posting thoughts on the individual routes, though my common route impressions will forever be lost.

And isn't it really bad that I already abhor the headmistress without entering any route yet?

@tiago Of course not, because we still don't know her reason fully and her action well, like antagonist in any movie around the common route. Anyway, how to add vndb link in the profile? Sorry for asking and thanks.

Response to All of You About the Game

@TexasDice

- Well, I think that's her punishment for the whole game, the arm of headmistress draw badly lol.

@eclipse

- In all seriousness, I think Rise's side had VERY valid point about integration.

- I mean, the result of isolation is one very crazy woman and equally crazy her friend.

Spoiler

Her friends is the headmistress and the very crazy woman is Rise's mother.

Chiho's Route

Strangely enough, foremost in my mind are the H-Scenes. I really liked how this was all handled, enough that I watched the first couple of them. I still don't get why they keep asking if it should be outside or inside though.

Chiho didn't change much except for becoming more honest and more infatuated with the protagonist. I was a fan of all the family happiness going on.

I liked how she stood up to her parents with her feelings and how it all turned out. Family <3

After all that smooth talker advertising I wanted to see more of that from Masaya's father. Much disappoint.

Suddenly, White Lilly society was dissolved! Suddenly, weeks pass and it's the Grand Vote! Suddenly, every other character drops out of the picture! Neither did I get to see the chairwoman being happy nor did I see the headmistress crying painfully.

Omgomgomg Taiga-senpai is / has been reading this?

I would read that Chiho spoiler but I'm only on Chapter 20 :nervous:

I'm incredibly tired so I'm not going in depth into these things. Don't expect nearly as much attention to detail and comments as there were with Symphonic Rain, which was shorter and therefore easier to surmise. 

To be fair, waifu bias aside, swapping Ritsuko for Ruriko would've lead to a somewhat boring roster.

In that scenario, there wouldn't be a younger heroine with a little less "equipment" to pursue. For the same reason, you can't cut Ayaka, because she's the older girl. Lastly, Rise and Chiho, besides representing their own trope, are intertwined with each other, so cutting either one is off the table.

If there just wasn't enough money and time for five routes in development, Ruriko is the only possible cut.

EDIT: I can't count. But it's fine. Nobody has to know.

Edited by TexasDice