Princess Evangile Release 2015

Vargas

Feel free to do so. I disqualify myself from having valid opinions for the time being anyway, because I'm still stuck in Ritsuko's afterglow.

EDIT: Okay, I'm obligated to make an edit here, the route makes fortunate turns in the later chapters.

While I still stand by my point, that the first half (maybe more) of the route is obnoxious, everything finally goes where I wanted it to go, including Rise herself.  

Edited by TexasDice

Honestly I'm trying to think of how Rise could be considered selfish and I'm not coming up with much. Almost all of the drama in the route is pretty much caused by Masaya's trademark indecisiveness, anyways.

I guess for myself, there was really only "one" thing that really got under my skin.

In Rises route, when Chiho and Masaya are making peace with each other (that emotional scene in the park where both start to cry), Rise is off in the background snooping on them. "again". Just comes across as insensitive. =/

A more general thing, is Chiho (eventually) cheered them on despite what she had lost, while in Chiho's route, Rise just makes snarky comments.

Beyond that, she's a good girl with a kind heart - but I see subtleties that hint she is by nature, self-serving (though in a harmless way). And mainly due to her routes central premise.

But maybe I'm just Chiho-biast :P Childhood friend > all, it's a problem I suffer from in VNs, lol.

Currently starting Chapter 16.

I was really, really torn as to whether I will go Rise or Chiho route first after some of the revelations made in Chapter 14 cuz I'll just feel bad for the other heroine no matter what :vinty: but in the end I'm choosing Rise~

~~
Misc. Chapter 15 comment:

The little hike up the mountain in Chapter 15 was so damn erotic cuz of Ruriko's panting

:makina:

Tamie unfortunately becomes out of focus in the later half of common route sooo Ruriko is queen of side characters~

HJec3H4.jpg

aww ruriko. youre wide eyed innocence, as well as your questionable comments, deserves a vn all to itself. i like the look on panterbell. its like hes there to remind the audience that despite the wording of this sentence, Ruriko doesn't mean it in an erotic way.

I'm not so sure, I have a feeling she is far sharper then she lets on. She just knows how to cover it up as "misunderstandings". :illya:

I have just started the game and I think it's pretty interesting. The heroines are all lovable characters. Well, how I wish that Ruriko and Konomi were part of it. Haaaa... The one that really pisses me off is the headmistress. 

But if I have to give a rating, it would be 8/10. Don't know if it would surpass my expectations but right now, I'm having fun playing the game

Mid-Chapter 20 Rise (collecting signatures prior to Sports festival)

Misc. Comments so far

General Comments:
  • Chapter 17 probably my favorite chapter so far. I was expecting the whole Lis Branche and Chien revelation to be dragged out until the mid-point of the route or something, but nope it's dealt with ASAP and Rise's reaction to the whole thing was just lovely and the festival date was fun too.
  • Chapters 18-20 kinda stagnate since it's more about school activities than Rise x Masaya, but thankfully there are plenty of Rise's jealous moments to keep me interested  ^_^ she's so fking adorable.
  • Those goons in Chapter 19 probably made me the most annoyed I've ever been reading this VN; I was raging so hard like "WHY THE FK BRING THESE CLOWNS BACK this late in the game" oh, Headmaster hired them >.> More reason to hate her..... Super glad Masaya finally cracked and gave the goon what he deserved. Also super glad that Rise didn't drop out as leader of White Lilys despite her earlier reckless claim to responsibility

Rise Troll
yzW4mXa.jpg
OMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGOGMGOGOGMOMG

Rs6XLOa.jpg
THE TROLL LOLOLOL!@# NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chiho Drama

I was really, really torn as to whether I will go Rise or Chiho route first after some of the revelations made in Chapter 14 cuz I'll just feel bad for the other heroine no matter what  :vinty: but in the end I'm choosing Rise~

I knew this would come back to bite me :makina:

Poor Chiho ;-;

pTjmNiA.png

NtvkLfo.jpg

^Her 'indifferent' expression is a killer >.>

Dw, I'll get to your route next   :heart:

~~
I'm glad the writers decided to dedicate a chapter (20) to the whole Rise vs. Chiho thing since one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to group-of-friends stories is getting to see how each heroine would react to the MC choosing another heroine :sachi:

Though it left a really bitter taste in my mouth how the crew basically leave Chiho alone for the ENTIRE month when she quit the White Lily Society; luckily for us readers we skip through the weeks but in reality that's a looong time for them to leave Chiho hanging and for there to be angst  :(

I'll be looking forward to seeing how this conflict will be resolved~

So is this VN any good, is it worth it?

Worth every cent.

Mid-Chapter 20 Rise (collecting signatures prior to Sports festival)

Misc. Comments so far

General Comments:
  • Chapter 17 probably my favorite chapter so far. I was expecting the whole Lis Branche and Chien revelation to be dragged out until the mid-point of the route or something, but nope it's dealt with ASAP and Rise's reaction to the whole thing was just lovely and the festival date was fun too.
  • Chapters 18-20 kinda stagnate since it's more about school activities than Rise x Masaya, but thankfully there are plenty of Rise's jealous moments to keep me interested  ^_^ she's so fking adorable.
  • Those goons in Chapter 19 probably made me the most annoyed I've ever been reading this VN; Like I was raging so hard >.>.... Super glad Masaya cracked and finally gave the goon what he deserved.

Rise Troll
yzW4mXa.jpg
OMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGMOGMGOMGOGOGMGOGOGMOMG

Rs6XLOa.jpg
THE TROLL LOLOLOL!@# NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chiho Drama

I knew this would come back to bite me :makina:

Poor Chiho ;-; dw, I'll get to your route next  :heart:

pTjmNiA.png

NtvkLfo.jpg

^Her 'indifferent' expression is a killer >.>

I'm glad the writers decided to dedicate a chapter (20) to the whole Rise vs. Chiho thing since one of my guilty pleasures when it comes to group-of-friends stories is getting to see how each heroine would react to the MC choosing another heroine :sachi:

The fact that they literally leave Chiho alone for the ENTIRE month when she quit left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I'll be looking forward to seeing how this conflict will be resolved~

Looking forward to more of your thoughts, esp. after certain events. ;)

It's not great, I don't know if it's worth the full retail price right now. It's good, but it has a fair amount of flaws imo. The humor falls flat more often than it doesn't, the heroine routes kind of feel a little repetitive, due to them all going through the same sequence of events (culture festival, athletic festival, the election, etc), the pacing feels a bit laborious. It kind of feels like the game could be half the length it ended up being and not lose out on almost anything. The writing just feels... bloated, I guess? Of course, when the humor doesn't fall flat it's pretty funny, the girls are cute, some of the heroine stories are interesting, and overall it's an alright game. A lot of people are lavishing praise on the game so I thought I'd highlight some of the negatives. Also:

MLpwOeO.jpg

$20 would be a good price for it, wait for a sale I say.

Also, as I said before, I kind wish that MangaGamer picked a different game to make their big moege stand with. Doddler said that the future of moege at MG may rest on PE's shoulders, after all. At least it seems like it's performing decently, but I'm stuck in this spot where I want it to do well so MG does more moege, but I don't really want to recommend people buy this at full price.

Setting aside the other points, I will debate the cost. Full length games should have a pricetag to match imo. Steam sales have spoiled a lot of us tbh over the years. I recall when almost everything was 60 - 70 bucks.

I'm of the mind "you get what you pay for". And so far, except maybe one or two titles - everything else 20 and under has been utter trash.

Besides, I imagine they are matching the initial cost? I was fairly sure it was about the same price in Japan (before conversion, of course).. MG obviously needs to make more than it costs to localize, if they are to stay in business

Regarding repitition of school events, I'm only on my first route and I already thought they were a bit of a drag :makina:

So 'repeating' them in later routes will definitely be fun :sachi:

~~

I'll try to clean slate my mind when starting other routes to minimalize the dejavu