Meikyuu and Rakuen getting animated

Rose

Is it really a surprise?  The way they've redefined the series requires it to show all three parts to be complete.  Nonetheless, I'll say it once again, making an anime out of a good VN is always a bad idea, though it is tempting.

Is it really a surprise?  The way they've redefined the series requires it to show all three parts to be complete.  Nonetheless, I'll say it once again, making an anime out of a good VN is always a bad idea, though it is tempting.

But i beg to differ, not always, Clannad and Steins;Gate showed the way to make a good quality VN to anime adaptation.

I think it's possible to make good adaptations, you just don't have to rush it.

But i beg to differ, not always, Clannad and Steins;Gate showed the way to make a good quality VN to anime adaptation.

I think it's possible to make good adaptations, you just don't have to rush it.

The issue there is that those VNs weren't designed to be harems. These games are literally designed to focus on the girls, and while you can argue Yuuji is a focus as well, it really boils down to the girls.

Wow; well okay.. Honestly I don't mind them getting a anime but I seriously doubt they will be any good representation of the vn at all. Honestly it's going to be more of a fandisc for people who have already read the vn. We can go like ooohhh yuji in animation! Yay!

I honestly had to ignore a lot of the stuff that happened in the current anime. Because it was so damn ridiculous how they made 12 ep's out of a 50+ hour vn. Still I can enjoy the anime, so I don't mind.

Oh boy, more quality anime!

ajTyDS8.gif

I had no hopes for season one and don't have any hopes for the next 2 seasons.

Anime adaptations of VNs are nice in theory but they rarely work out.

While Steins;Gate and Clannad are quite praised as adaptations, they still are not on par with their VN counterparts, they just managed to have really good writers to adapt the true routes into anime. And remember Clannad was 2 cour and got a second season, that's a lot of time to adapt things properly as opposed to Grisaia's 1 cour. While I'm not saying adaptations can not differ from the VN (they can as long as it's done right), the small time frame they're giving these 2 anime makes me lose a lot of hope.

I believe both Meikyuu and Rakuen can get a slightly better adaptation given they're more linear but I don't imagine them actually doing a harem ending, I might be wrong though.

Oh God.

The worst part is that I'm totally going to watch it. And then I'm going to hate myself for watching it before reading the VNs. I have to see this trainwreck through to the end.

Yeah, curiosity is going to get the better of me for these adaptations, too. I figure I can put up with it as long as I keep reminding myself that the VN will be several times better. The adaptation will also be here before the localization, so I really don't want to wait for what's going to happen next.