What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

I finished watching all of Kaitou Tenshi Twin Angel (OVA + TV)

It has immediately become one of my favorite magical girls shows, and I rank it right up there with Nanoha

(BTW I saw Nanoha seasons 1 and 2 and both movies multiple times.  I saw part of season 3, but only once a long time ago, and have never bothered to go back to it)

If Nanoha is Cute/Action/Drama, then Twin Angel is Cute/Action/Comedy, that's the main difference.

And in both shows I liked the OP/ED themes immediately upon first hearing...

I'm watching anime that I didn't finish watching due to school. I think I'm going to start with the last 5 episodes of Golden Time then finish up season 2 of Chuunibyou (even though everyone has been ranting about how bad it was).

Chuunibyou Ren isn't terrible, as long as you don't expect anything you can deal with it, if you were however expecting a good climax and conclusion like season 1 then you'll probably be very disappointed like most people (me included) were, otherwise it's tolerable, just be glad they gave you some more Dekomori x Nibutani moments and you can pull through it. Just imagine Rikka and Yuuta are background characters and you can survive.

Finished School Days: MASTERPIECE.

Yeah, that's what I like to call poetic justice, people like Makoto don't deserve to live, they should die in the most horrible way possible, I may be called cold and cruel, but really I was grinning while he was being stabbed, that bastard... I just feel bad for Kotonoha, she lost her mind because of that jerk, and never will be the same again, she was the only one in the anime I felt empathy towards.

Finished School Days: MASTERPIECE.

Yeah, that's what I like to call poetic justice, people like Makoto don't deserve to live, they should die in the most horrible way possible, I may be called cold and cruel, but really I was grinning while he was being stabbed, that bastard... I just feel bad for Kotonoha, she lost her mind because of that jerk, and never will be the same again, she was the only one in the anime I felt empathy towards.

IMO people like Makoto musnt be killed. Because killing him is like a mercy for him. He should be tortured for eternity or death but slowly n painful.

IMO people like Makoto musnt be killed. Because killing him is like a mercy for him. He should be tortured for eternity or death but slowly n painful.

Agree.

I'm only following HunterXHunter this season, and downloaded BlackBullet, NGNL and another one but haven't watched them yet.

I'm watching anime that I didn't finish watching due to school. I think I'm going to start with the last 5 episodes of Golden Time then finish up season 2 of Chuunibyou (even though everyone has been ranting about how bad it was).
I agree with Nosebleed, Chuu2Ren wasn't as good as season one in a lot of aspects, but I thought it was still pretty great. It felt a little too serious though, and doesn't feel as much as a Slice of Life anymore.Plus more Dekomori x Nibutani is always worth watching it for.

Strange, what I got from the few reviews I read from MAL was that people hated how S2 was too heavy on the Slice of Life aspect. Everyone wanted more deep meaning like the latter half of S1 (Whether its ok to let people be themselves, or should we force them to grow up and face reality). I was just glad I got more cute Slice of Life scenes and Nibutani <3 [i understand that reviews are obviously not representative of the entire community but I didn't notice anyone having problems with S2 not having enough Slice of Life.]

I also really liked the internal conflict of Satone despite how everyone else felt like it was super rushed.

Strange, what I got from the few reviews I read from MAL was that people hated how S2 was too heavy on the Slice of Life aspect. Everyone wanted more deep meaning like the latter half of S1 (Whether its ok to let people be themselves, or should we force them to grow up and face reality). I was just glad I got more cute Slice of Life scenes and Nibutani <3 [i understand that reviews are obviously not representative of the entire community but I didn't notice anyone having problems with S2 not having enough Slice of Life.]

I also really liked the internal conflict of Satone despite how everyone else felt like it was super rushed.

I don't think you're quite right. The biggest issue wasn't the fact that it was full of Slice of Life, SoL is good if done properly and I liked that part too, in fact that was the only redeeming quality of it, the problem was the fact that the main couple and the primary relationship that we saw so beautifully developed in the first season was completely thrown out the window in season 2 where their relationship pretty much stayed the same in the course of an entire year, nothing between Yuuta and Rikka actually changed in a whole year and the whole Satone thing which was building up decently (though it only started 6 episodes in for some unknown reason) then fell flat at the end since they just rushed her out of the way for Yuuta and Rikka and they pretty much pretended it never happened and all was fine. I think that's the biggest issue in Chuu2koi Ren, not the slice of life elements, the lack of development in everything else. It didn't NEED to be dramatic and heavy, it just needed to have some development, but it didn't, it was just the character fooling around with 0 plot progression, aside from Satone's character which was developing decently and then failed at the end and went back to being semi-autistic.

You can't turn a slice of life into a good romance only to go back to slice of life only in season 2 and give us nothing of what we were supposed to have which is seeing Rikka and Yuuta's relationship developing, all that happened however was Yuuta's brain started turning into a potato to accompany Rikka's silly antics that by now are just simply not entertaining, and they never do anything couple like, ever. And don't give me excuses like the kiss on the cheek and hugging, that was just pathetic considering they were together for  6 months by then.

So yeah I think that's the major flaw with Chuunibyou Ren, It tried to be  just like Chuunibyou, the problem is it's not, if Ren was its own season it'd be decent, but it wasn't  it was the sequel to a great romantic development and it didn't give a good follow up to it.