What Anime are you watching now?

Ryoji

Watched latest episodes of DanMachi, Plastic Memories, and Nisekoi:.

I love Bell's reactions. Whoever's voicing him, he's doing a great job at his wails and stuff. It's one of the things I like about DanMachi, other than the girls, of course.

Also, this single statement made Aiz prettier in my eyes.

She was pretty cute from the start though.

PJelB9O.png

Holy crap, how fast is the anime going? It should only be at episode 7, and that's like book 3 material if I'm not mistaken.

I would never even touch that manga. *shivers* Although I would like to know what actually happens at the end, cause as far as the story went, I actually enjoyed it.

I heard Gantz was pretty damn gruesome too. 

If an animal is killed, I won't even consider Gantz. I certainly hope that's not the case though

In Gantz, everything dies. If it makes you feel any better, the dog dies, gets reincarnated, just to die again.  The entire series revolves around the concept of people dying being reincarnated to fight for their lives once again.  Not expecting them to throw in a few curveballs is silly. At one point there is a murder spree, and then after the series in my opinion somewhat derailed itself

there is a god damn alien invasion, where it can be assumed that a lot of everything dies.

In one of the earlier cycles, they even kill birdmen.

I still liked Gantz though, it really didn't care about the rules or etiquette by modern conventional standards.  It broke the rules, a lot.  At least my internal rules anyway.

now  kekkai   sensen  yu gi oh arc 5 and  one piece   Owari no Seraph   unlacky  no one vampire anime canot by beter then  vampire hunter d     kekkai sensen    a apocalyptic settings never fails to kick major asspocalyptic settings never fails to kick major assapocalyptic settings never fails to kick major ass

I would never even touch that manga. *shivers* Although I would like to know what actually happens at the end, cause as far as the story went, I actually enjoyed it.

Well, if you don't mind doing this kind of thing, you could just skip to chapter 60 in the manga. You can experience the ending for yourself and not have to worry about any more animal cruelty. The only downside is that you wouldn't get to experience the subtle differences between each rendition (which isn't too big of a deal imo).

Just finished Fractale. It wasn't anything special, but still quite interesting experience. The story was pretty simple, boy helps a girl to fight against fate/system, but the thing I enjoyed the most was the subtle way they handled some interesting philosophical topics. Topics like freedom, what is real, how real is virtual reality, what it means to be a human, what makes an individual and so on were touched slightly, in a way that it doesn't give you answers and leaves you thinking. 

It's also really sweet, the relationship between the three main characters was really heartwarming, I really liked all of main characters. The hero wasn't too thick headed, the heroine was interesting and not too typical, and the small girl was adorable and not annoying like most of the small kids in stories.

Watched another episode of Mawaru Penguindrum. Seems like my progress on this show is gonna continue to be slow, I still can't get into it. I take it this series will probably need some build-up before it starts to get interesting, so I'll keep pushing at it.

Gonna get started on Nodame Cantabile now.

Edit: Okay, I'm on episode 8 so far. The serious development scenes are really intense and interesting, and it's nice to see how the protagonist has managed to overcome his trials. He starts off a one of those types of guys you'd hate to have a father; critical, condescending, and egotistical. Over time, he starts warming and becomes much more likable. Not much development from anyone else, but the heroine will most likely get her bit. Still got another 15 episodes to go, so there's still plenty of time for other characters (it's pacing itself well).

The conductor that Chiaki's learning under is a genuine work of art. His underhanded tactics are something else, lol.

vq0rT7Nh.png

Up to episode 8 of Yuri Kuma

The show's alot more enjoyable now that I can sort of understand what's going on (and LOL @ Ginko's fantasies about Kureha :heart:) but still miiiiighty curious as to wtf can happen in the end for a couple of y'all to rate it a 10

..I'll find out tomorrow :D

Holy crap, how fast is the anime going? It should only be at episode 7, and that's like book 3 material if I'm not mistaken.

In Gantz, everything dies. If it makes you feel any better, the dog dies, gets reincarnated, just to die again.  The entire series revolves around the concept of people dying being reincarnated to fight for their lives once again.  Not expecting them to throw in a few curveballs is silly. At one point there is a murder spree, and then after the series in my opinion somewhat derailed itself

there is a god damn alien invasion, where it can be assumed that a lot of everything dies.

In one of the earlier cycles, they even kill birdmen.

I still liked Gantz though, it really didn't care about the rules or etiquette by modern conventional standards.  It broke the rules, a lot.  At least my internal rules anyway.

Well if the dog dies again then it doesn't really make me feel any better lol. But it's not about the "modern conventional standards" for me. Any anime with murder, or any type of show for that matter, breaks the rules. I'm just very sensitive when it comes to animals dying, murder or otherwise. But that's just me.

I'd give any gore anime a try if it only involved people. I'm up for suggestions.

Up to episode 8 of Yuri Kuma

The show's alot more enjoyable now that I can sort of understand what's going on (and LOL @ Ginko's fantasies about Kureha :heart:) but still miiiiighty curious as to wtf can happen in the end for a couple of y'all to rate it a 10

..I'll find out tomorrow :D

I told you man, it all starts making sense in the end.

Well if the dog dies again then it doesn't really make me feel any better lol. But it's not about the "modern conventional standards" for me. Any anime with murder, or any type of show for that matter, breaks the rules. I'm just very sensitive when it comes to animals dying, murder or otherwise. But that's just me.

I'd give any gore anime a try if it only involved people. I'm up for suggestions.

Higurashi might be worth a shot for you.

I told you man, it all starts making sense in the end.

Higurashi might be worth a shot for you.

I seent it. Probably one of my favorite horror anime, next to Another.

The gore anime that I've already seen are Higurashi (all seasons), Umineko, Another, Mirai Nikki, Elfen Lied, AOT, Corpse Party, High School of the Dead, and School Days. This is just off the top of my head.

Is there anything else? lol

Watched another episode of Mawaru Penguindrum. Seems like my progress on this show is gonna continue to be slow, I still can't get into it. I take it this series will probably need some build-up before it starts to get interesting, so I'll keep pushing at it.

It is very much worth it. It's definitely on my list of favorites.

Watching Deadman Wonderland, not sure if worth it. I heard it has a cop out ending and since there isn't going to be a season two, I'm a bit disappointed. I really like it so far. I'm on episode 8. Reminds me of how much I LOVED Mirai Nikki.

Any recs for anime like Mirai Nikki? :illya:

Finished Yuri Kuma.

~~

I have no idea what I want to watch next. Probably will go back to ecchi/harem. Do a toss up b/w Absolute Duo or Shinmai Maou no Testament (ouch their ratings tho >.>) and then finally start Highschool DxD

Shinmai Maou no Testament is basically a cheap ripoff of DxD.  I would avoid it like the plague, but thats just me and my hatred for those types of shows that can't come up with something seemingly original.  If we are talking about ripoffs, its even worse than how No Game No Life lifted its entire concept from Mondaiji, because at least NGNL differed the mood and tone of the series to something seemingly edgier.  Shinmai Maou does pretty much what DxD does except worse.

If you're in the mood for something more sombre/serious, I would recommend Terror in Resonance as a change of pace from your typical light seasonals.

For not the feint of heart among you, should watch Berserk, (or read it, even better). It's a must watch. It's very dark, there are psychologic and physical violence, but this is a masterpiece.

I refuse to watch Berserk, or even read the manga for that matter.  What irritates me more than anything else is knowing that a series isn't completed, and Berserk goes a step further with it's author releasing like 2-4 chapters a year.  At this rate we are going to have the author die of old age and still not have a complete series after 20 more years.  I'm not sure about the anime, but at least the anime had a higher likelihood of having an anime original ending.

Finished Yuri Kuma.

~~

I have no idea what I want to watch next. Probably will go back to ecchi/harem. Do a toss up b/w Absolute Duo or Shinmai Maou no Testament (ouch their ratings tho >.>) and then finally start Highschool DxD

No thoughts on Yuri Kuma? Am disappoint.

Don't watch Shinmai Maou, it's meh, just stick with Highschool DxD, the superior ecchi show.

If you must watch a cheap DxD knockoff I recommend Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai which at the very least has a more conclusive ending.

If you just want boobs, Seikon no Qwaser or Queen's Blade should fulfill all your needs.

:scottsune:

idk, what were your thoughts? For me it was Ep 1-4: :huh: , ep 5-9: :mellow:, and ep 10-12: :). Nothing that made me go :heart::wub::kosame::wub::heart:

Uhh Lulu best girl?

I thought it was a beautiful love story which mostly symbolized how society forces people to follow social cues and norms and the main point is how Kureha and Ginko "killed" themselves in order to be happy, they stopped caring for how to be integrated in the system and didn't give up on love and thus managed to reach their paradise.

Some speculate it's a social critique on homosexuality too which i can kinda see as well but i prefer the broader view on it.

Overall, it wasn't the most complex thing ever in the end, but i thought the exposure of the theme was nice and charming. Plenty of characters obviously symbolized different views on the matter and stuff.

Lulu best grill indeed. Still can't get over the scene where she went RIP.

It is very much worth it. It's definitely on my list of favorites.

Watching Deadman Wonderland, not sure if worth it. I heard it has a cop out ending and since there isn't going to be a season two, I'm a bit disappointed. I really like it so far. I'm on episode 8. Reminds me of how much I LOVED Mirai Nikki.

Any recs for anime like Mirai Nikki? :illya:

If you haven't already, you should watch Another. It's a psychological horror like Mirai Nikki, but better imo. Plus, the ending was a major mind f*ck. It will make you blow up, so make sure you bring a mop so you can clean up your brains.

If you haven't already, you should watch Another. It's a psychological horror like Mirai Nikki, but better imo. Plus, the ending was a major mind f*ck. It will make you blow up, so make sure you bring a mop so you can clean up your brains.

Major mindfuck is bit of an exaggeration, it was unpredictable but that's about it.

Still a good show to keep you on the edge of the seat though.

I refuse to watch Berserk, or even read the manga for that matter.  What irritates me more than anything else is knowing that a series isn't completed, and Berserk goes a step further with it's author releasing like 2-4 chapters a year.  At this rate we are going to have the author die of old age and still not have a complete series after 20 more years.  I'm not sure about the anime, but at least the anime had a higher likelihood of having an anime original ending.

It's too bad, really, since Berserk is one of the classic great manga out there. The anime stops when it's getting good and is just a vast introduction anyway.

Berserk is kinda past its former glory already, but it's a manga with an absolutely beautiful drawing, and everyone should experience the Eclipse arc in his life.

Finally finished Tokyo ESP........... I wish I didn't and not even because of the cliffhanger ending. The animation is subpar, the story infuriating, and I want to punch all the characters in the face.

Its the usual case of producing an anime while the manga is ongoing, I think it was decent enough but what really irked me is that in the anime her hair turns white only when she uses her power. Its a small thing but for some reason its so annoying ;-;