Fuwanovel Confessions

OriginalRen

Confession: I recently spent a lot of money and bought a really expensive graphic card for my pc and I'm playing underrail and before that one I played undertale D: I didn't like fallout 4 or the witcher 3 :( 

How is it (UnderRail)? It looks interesting and I added it to my wishlist to see when it gets a discount (a discount that isn't 6% I mean) but I know nothing about it.

I found it quite good - it's similar to the older Fallouts but beyond that there's some modern design polish with regards to the oddity system.  Sadly however it seems to be focused more around skill-based stuff rather than player choice with regards to roleplaying and narrative which makes me sad : <

Confession: Today's one of the best days I've had in a while. Idk if it's the air finally getting colder in Florida or the flu shot I had yesterday, but I actually fell asleep last night. I tried a new brand of oatmeal and it was way better than what I had been eating. I actually got to read some happy political news for once too. :)
http://usuncut.com/politics/breaking-dnc-to-restore-voter-database-to-sanders-campaign/

Confession: I live in the US and I don't understand this article. 

Then again I don't follow politics and haven't registered to vote either of the two times I've legally been allowed too. 

Heh, my aunt had trouble figuring it out too. There's a bit more to it, but this image pretty much covers the gist of what happened.

If nothing else, at least vote for Bernie Sanders. He's the only presidential candidate with an authentic character, and has an amazing track record to boot. He's been a strong advocate for the middle class, racial equality, military veterans, and the environment. Most importantly, he's the only candidate that spends more time talking about the issues our country faces than about himself and his proposals are very consistent with his past views (he doesn't change his mind in order to appeal to majority). He's not an establishment politician either; his success is entirely derived from how much support he gets from regular people. From what I understand, Vermont is very happy to have him as their senator.

g0ITszN.jpg
Edited by Kenshin_sama
The image is suppose to be below the 1st line. Not sure how to fix.

Confession: I recently spent a lot of money and bought a really expensive graphic card for my pc and I'm playing underrail and before that one I played undertale D: I didn't like fallout 4 or the witcher 3 :( 

Well, Underrail and Undertale are quite good.

How about Rocket League?

I'm not into racing games :P but yes they are really good and i'm a sucker for old school games specially isometric turn-based rpgs 

How is it (UnderRail)? It looks interesting and I added it to my wishlist to see when it gets a discount (a discount that isn't 6% I mean) but I know nothing about it.

So far really good, is not a game where you can just create a character and start playing I had to re-create a character because the first one I screwed up with the stats and I wasn't making much more progress (just like i did in wasteland 2) Is like a mix between fallout and system shock.

Confession: I recently spent a lot of money and bought a really expensive graphic card for my pc and I'm playing underrail and before that one I played undertale D: I didn't like fallout 4 or the witcher 3 :( 

You'll be able to play System Shock Remake and System Shock 3 easily

And that's enough reason.

the new deus ex and dark souls 3 :D 

Well, Underrail and Undertale are quite good.

How about Rocket League?

I'm not into racing games :P but yes they are really good and i'm a sucker for old school games specially isometric turn-based rpgs 

Rocket League is more sports game than racing game. Lol.

I've been having fun remasting FPS on computer after not having anything to do with it in the past decade.  This is going to be fun.

Confession: Today's one of the best days I've had in a while. Idk if it's the air finally getting colder in Florida or the flu shot I had yesterday, but I actually fell asleep last night. I tried a new brand of oatmeal and it was way better than what I had been eating. I actually got to read some happy political news for once too. :)
http://usuncut.com/politics/breaking-dnc-to-restore-voter-database-to-sanders-campaign/

Confession: I live in the US and I don't understand this article. 

Then again I don't follow politics and haven't registered to vote either of the two times I've legally been allowed too. 

Heh, my aunt had trouble figuring it out too. There's a bit more to it, but this image pretty much covers the gist of what happened.

If nothing else, at least vote for Bernie Sanders. He's the only presidential candidate with an authentic character, and has an amazing track record to boot. He's been a strong advocate for the middle class, racial equality, military veterans, and the environment. Most importantly, he's the only candidate that spends more time talking about the issues our country faces than about himself and his proposals are very consistent with his past views (he doesn't change his mind in order to appeal to majority). He's not an establishment politician either; his success is entirely derived from how much support he gets from regular people. From what I understand, Vermont is very happy to have him as their senator.

Hidden Content

While I agree that Sanders is the most authentic of the candidates, the guy is pretty firmly rooted in the political establishment. He served two terms as Mayor of Burlington in the 80's then naturally moved right into the US House of Representatives in 1991 through 2007, when he became a US Senator. Not to mention when he first ran for Senate he received support from the Head of the DNC itself, which assured him of running unopposed within the party. There's more than one way to be within the establishment besides big money. Still, he's a better choice than Clinton.

While I agree that Sanders is the most authentic of the candidates, the guy is pretty firmly rooted in the political establishment. He served two terms as Mayor of Burlington in the 80's then naturally moved right into the US House of Representatives in 1991 through 2007, when he became a US Senator. Not to mention when he first ran for Senate he received support from the Head of the DNC itself, which assured him of running unopposed within the party. There's more than one way to be within the establishment besides big money. Still, he's a better choice than Clinton.

Do you have a source for that by any chance? It's not that I don't want to believe you, I'm just hesitant to accept it given their current relationship. I can see how they'd turn against him since he's in a position against Hillary though. Also, would the DNC support his campaign as senator even though he's been independent? Wouldn't they want to have people from their own party in that position?

Do you have a source for that by any chance? It's not that I don't want to believe you, I'm just hesitant to accept it given their current relationship. I can see how they'd turn against him since he's in a position against Hillary though. Also, would the DNC support his campaign as senator even though he's been independent? Wouldn't they want to have people from their own party in that position?

I'll have to hunt it down, but take into account that was almost 10 years ago in the 2006 election cycle. (in which then-Senator Obama championed him as well - http://mic.com/articles/122011/watch-young-senator-barack-obama-campaign-for-bernie-sanders-in-2006#.pPFCtFPOD) In the primary Sanders ran as a Democrat and then did not accept the nomination and ran as an Independent in the general election, something he'd done in Congressional elections. So really, is he an "Independent" if he goes through the trouble of running in primaries as an Democrat? It's pretty simple, really. He wins the Democratic nomination, doesn't accept it, leaving the Democrats with no nominee on the ballot, and he runs as an Independent, leaving no Democrat to split his votes. Why would the Democrats accept Sanders? Because he's pretty much a Democrat anyway, he votes with them, caucuses with them, even runs as one in primaries. The guy might come across as genuine about his policy beliefs, but make no mistake - he's a career politician who clearly has played nice with the Democratic Party for a couple decades, and to be honest, why wouldn't he? He HAD to play nice with them - they're the closest party to his political beliefs/agenda. It's a nice thought that an Independent would go into Washington and shake things up, the reality is if he went there truly as an Independent, he'd have few allies, no committee assignments, no backing for his Vermont projects and would basically be a very, VERY lonely Representative/Senator.

That's not to say he's a horrible choice or anything, but the idea that he's some rogue independent candidate is a misnomer at best.

Confession: I've been playing Disgaea 5 quite a lot recently, and it talked about curry so much that I started getting really hungry for Japanese curry. There are a few places around here that have it, but I decided that I should try making it myself.

At any rate, it came out pretty well the first time, a couple weeks ago, and I made it again just now, and it's good, again. I still have a lot to learn, though; this curry is quite different from the last, though neither better nor worse. Both have things that need to be fixed. But I will prevail. I get stronger with every curry, you see. Someday soon, no doubt, I'll be opening my very own curry house in Seattle - believe it!

Confession: I don't know the difference between Japanese curry and Indian curry.

As I understand it, curry made its way to Japan by way of Britain: British people brought it back from their colonies in India, and then took it to Japan with them when doing imperial merchanty things in the mid-1800s. Even that was quite a while ago, so they've had a lot of time to diverge. However, they're nonetheless pretty similar: fried garlic and ginger are the starting point, and then onion (usually well-caramelized) forms the base for both, and often/usually with some amount of tomato. The added spice mix for both is also fairly similar, though not quite the same (I definitely don't know details here, but given the way my wooden spoons are getting dyed by it, I'm certain Japanese curry at least has turmeric just like Indian curries...). The biggest differences, apparently, are the spice mix and the prep of the onions - in Japanese curry, you pretty much caramelize them to oblivion, cooking the onions alone for upwards of an hour until they shrink massively into a little (delicious) brown paste. It makes the curry quite a bit sweeter, and a bit less oniony, than your typical Indian curry.

Also, there's Thai curries, which seem to be more directly influenced by India (they didn't, as far as I can tell, come by way of Britain, like Japanese curry), but which taste even more different from Indian curry. And they are also delicious!

I'll have to hunt it down, but take into account that was almost 10 years ago in the 2006 election cycle. (in which then-Senator Obama championed him as well - http://mic.com/articles/122011/watch-young-senator-barack-obama-campaign-for-bernie-sanders-in-2006#.pPFCtFPOD) In the primary Sanders ran as a Democrat and then did not accept the nomination and ran as an Independent in the general election, something he'd done in Congressional elections. So really, is he an "Independent" if he goes through the trouble of running in primaries as an Democrat? It's pretty simple, really. He wins the Democratic nomination, doesn't accept it, leaving the Democrats with no nominee on the ballot, and he runs as an Independent, leaving no Democrat to split his votes. Why would the Democrats accept Sanders? Because he's pretty much a Democrat anyway, he votes with them, caucuses with them, even runs as one in primaries. The guy might come across as genuine about his policy beliefs, but make no mistake - he's a career politician who clearly has played nice with the Democratic Party for a couple decades, and to be honest, why wouldn't he? He HAD to play nice with them - they're the closest party to his political beliefs/agenda. It's a nice thought that an Independent would go into Washington and shake things up, the reality is if he went there truly as an Independent, he'd have few allies, no committee assignments, no backing for his Vermont projects and would basically be a very, VERY lonely Representative/Senator.

That's not to say he's a horrible choice or anything, but the idea that he's some rogue independent candidate is a misnomer at best.

Okay, I get it now. What you're saying does make sense to me, and I've done some extra reading on the net to confirm a little bit of what you're telling me. Granted, I couldn't find specific evidence to further reinforce your statement (I'm not that good at finding accurate information on politics), but I pulled in some general information from his position in the Democratic Party to come a solid conclusion from this article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/27/no-bernie-sanders-still-isnt-going-to-run-as-an-independent/

This definitely won't dissuade me from voting for him. I may see Sanders in a somewhat different light now, but, in my opinion, it's not worth taking issue with. I still agree with his policies, and still think that we need a man like him to lead our country.

You know, out of the many political arguments I've had with people I know on Facebook, this one has been far more productive than any of them. I really appreciate that. :)

You know, I've tried curry for the 1st time from a Chinese delivery place called China Moon. Oh man, it had a great balance of spiciness and flavor and I fell in love with curry. Haven't had any chances to try it again, but I will once I have a little more money.

Confession: We had a class-wide Christmas raffle (you buy a gift for the person you choose) and I just realized the book I bought (Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and His Years Of Pilgrimage) has some weird sex scenes in it. In my defense, I don't know the girl well at all and her best friend told me to "go freestyle" when I talked to her for advice. I guess that friend dislikes me or something.

I just pray the girl I bought the present for doesn't like books and turns it in for a CD or something now.

Confession 2: Today I met with a few friends from my summer camp. One of them knew the place very well (been going there for the last 2 years weekly for guitar lessons and I know jack shit in comparison), which was a bustling street -one of the biggest in the country- and took us to some sort of obscure, cafe-ish place. It was a nice place to be. That said, we saw a shit ton of cops when we first reached this street (the place is a hot spot for protests so that wasn't too weird), to which we paid little mind since we were busy with talking to each other and having tons of fun soon after. We had to leave that cafe though because we started to smell pepper gas (shit really gets to your nose), despite there being at least 150m between us and the said bustling street.

I had fun

Edited by Funyarinpa

Confession: According to multiple sources, apparently I am a decent singer. This is something I find hilarious, because I sang like a dying cat in the few times I was participating in the Karaoke group on Skype. xD

Guess it just depends on the song and where I am, because my low register is absolute poop, and I was singing in that the entire time on Skype 'cause people were home. :wahaha: 

Okay, I get it now. What you're saying does make sense to me, and I've done some extra reading on the net to confirm a little bit of what you're telling me. Granted, I couldn't find specific evidence to further reinforce your statement (I'm not that good at finding accurate information on politics), but I pulled in some general information from his position in the Democratic Party to come a solid conclusion from this article. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/08/27/no-bernie-sanders-still-isnt-going-to-run-as-an-independent/

This definitely won't dissuade me from voting for him. I may see Sanders in a somewhat different light now, but, in my opinion, it's not worth taking issue with. I still agree with his policies, and still think that we need a man like him to lead our country.

You know, out of the many political arguments I've had with people I know on Facebook, this one has been far more productive than any of them. I really appreciate that. :)

You know, I've tried curry for the 1st time from a Chinese delivery place called China Moon. Oh man, it had a great balance of spiciness and flavor and I fell in love with curry. Haven't had any chances to try it again, but I will once I have a little more money.

Aw, I'm not here to dissuade anyone from voting for Sanders, as I've said while I may not agree with him entirely, he is the most genuine candidate out there, which I can respect. His potential rift with the Democrats now stems from him stealing the thunder of their chosen candidate, one Ms. Clinton. And once you understand how Washington politics is done, it makes sense as to why Bernie has done as he has - sadly, with the two-party system our country seems addicted to, the independent politician is going to have a hard time on a national stage if he gets into an office where one has to play with the other two parties. Congress and Senate being those two places. The last real independent I can think of would by Jesse Ventura as governor of Minnesota. But as that's a position where you're the one and only guy, you don't have to play nice if you don't want to. Sanders would have to have allied with the party closest to his stances to survive and get anything he wants done. It's not really something to hold against him, but it does sort of take away from the Independent thing. Probably not enough to matter, though, as I just don't see the DNC backing him over Clinton.

Anyone know if Valmore's still here?  Need an assist concluding concrete number-details in Scene 9.

I'm here. I'm reading chapter 8 now. I got dragged out shopping way longer than I wanted to, today.